Outdoor Organic Grow - Need Some Help!

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Afghi420

Afghi420

Good if stealth is what you want.. They blend in nicely with other foilage.,. I know most people shit on smaller plants, but not everybody can raise towering tree's in their back yards. ;)

not to mention you can get up to a half pound per 5 foot plant which isn't too bad for smaller plants, just need to put a few more out is all..

defective

defective

Can anybody confirm this "no ruderalis" assertion?
I have noticed that many auto seed breeders forget to list ruderalis in their descriptions.
I feel like it is the ruderalis that I smell, and it's not good.
I need confirmation on this, so am I the only one who is offended by the smell of autos?
An 'auto-like' variety, without rude, has me excited.
never smelled one, but that's the whole thing behind autos is the rude...he says you can mother it which without knowing there's no rude I was scratching my head..nice info kebz

defective

defective

Good if stealth is what you want.. They blend in nicely with other foilage.,. I know most people shit on smaller plants, but not everybody can raise towering tree's in their back yards. ;)
being able to grow small ones vs. nothing...? I'll take it!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Did a quick read up on the iranian auto and there seem to be a few people pulling good weight from it.

Its a bit confusing tho as far as I can understand, its an s1, not a cross, an early finishing strain with no ruderalis in it. Its not an auto. Which might explain being able to clone it and keep it as a mother, tho Dr Green thumb says that even under 24hours of light this strain will eventually flower. Its a regular plant just with a short season, (hence its other name Iranian short season).

I had one pheno of a mango cross that would start to flower with 18 hours of light.
I took clones of that pheno...and those did the same thing.....Really weird...No rude in there
It was good smoke, but i found a better pheno that didnt do that. So I quit cloning that one.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I think i may go to bottle feeding to try and pack a little weight and resin onto the 3 or so plants that aren't doing so good. The other few i have i will leave alone since they are doing great. I picked up some mushroom compost yesterday, i might top dress with some of that as well. I just talked to someone today that has an airstoe and some ingredients for a tea and he is going to make me up another tea for Sunday, this time not adding any nitrogen and just focusing mainly on P and K. I read the Rev's book and he get's confusing at times.. Sometime's he says to avoid fulvic, humic and abscorbic acids, then sometimes he uses them, but i have yet to hear him actually get into some real detail explaining what the ratio''s are in some of the popular nutes, or what is a safe level for organics and what is't.. He seem's to think that Earth Juice has too high a ratio of those acid's for some reason.. I should just get a real Organics grow book that get's into a little more detail then the Rev tend's to.. If that is the case and Earth Juice doesn't hurt my microlife then i really would have liked to have known that a month ago, could have given my plants a hell of a lot more...

Most of the revs growing is indoor and under MH and led's for flowering. and he states about putting any liquid nutes in your grow can be to much for micro life, except fish emulsion and tiger bloom I think.
Since your outdoors, you should not have that problem would think.
Plus with tlo and some of those ingredients, theres a longer time base in the vegging for all that micro to do its thing, so with Auto's (rev doesn't do auto) you may need longer veg to get bigger results.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I haven't played around with my Ph much since it's an outdoor organic grow.. Indoors i would pay more attention, but from all the discussions ive had with organic grower's they mostly didn't pay much attention to their ph and ppm of their water when using it outdoor's.. Ofcourse you don't want it too be to out of whack or im sure it will give you problems for sure.. From what i have read some ingredients in the ph adjuster's aren't good for your microlife so that is mainly why i stayed away from any [h up or down this time.. Wanted to avoid anything that harms microlife.. As far as my yields im quite sure it is just a big lack of feeding that is my problem, same with the resin production, big lack of P i think. My soil seems to be drained of most it's goodness, next time i do an outdoor organic grow i will know what to do different.

Whats your water source?

Bannacis

Bannacis

They look good to me...
It could be that you need to make your hole for your soil bigger...bigger hole bigger top

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You've got some fasciation or similar going on with that one bud. Nice garden! Is that your love shack?

bongstar

bongstar

[QUOTE haven't played around with my Ph much since it's an outdoor organic grow.. Indoors i would pay more attention, but from all the discussions ive had with organic grower's they mostly didn't pay much attention to their ph and ppm of their water when using it outdoor's.. Ofcourse you don't want it too be to out of whack or im sure it will give you problems for sure.. From what i have read some ingredients in the ph adjuster's aren't good for your microlife so that is mainly why i stayed away from any [h up or down this time.. Wanted to avoid anything that harms microlife.. As far as my yields im quite sure it is just a big lack of feeding that is my problem, same with the resin production, big lack of P i think. My soil seems to be drained of most it's goodness, next time i do an outdoor organic grow i will know what to do different.][/QUOTE] Ph weather your in or out door is one of the most important things. I also know for a fact that ph down or up do not mess with microbial life. I use 2, 50 gallon barrels and air stone them for two days to declhorinate. I then add my nutes (all organic), and ph the soulution after. my microbial life, resin production and size are all off the chain. I pretty much run a hydro/ coco indoor style feed to my out door girls. I know most don't worry about ph outside. But I treat my outdoor as good as most treat there in door if not better, and I feel ph is first steping stone along with a proper feeding shedual, to get resinous large outdoor nug. My shit goes off the shelf quicker than most indoor meds, the tatste smell, stone, and price per gram its grown at is beautifl beyond compare. I suggest to ph your teas, and water as a start.
IMG 20130813 160417
0811130702b

0811130703a
Afghi420

Afghi420

You've got some fasciation or similar going on with that one bud. Nice garden! Is that your love shack?

Are you talking about that one bud that looks really wide? That is the only bud that did that, it's neat though. Too bad they didn't all do that, would double my yields..

Afghi420

Afghi420

I took the top of one of the plants yesterday.. The plant i took the top from is my biggest plant and also has the most crystal.. When i was looking at the trichs with the scope i couldn't believe the amount of trichs scattered around the buds.. I mean there is no space at all between the trichs. I took two small branches about a week or more ago, just tiny branches to see if i could get a hint of what the high is going to be like. Well i tried one bud cut up in the bong after like 3 days or so, it was barely dry enough to burn and i got othing off of it.. The next day it was dry enough to burn no problem when cut up, and i was actually impressed with the difference in the high from one day to the next.. I got a fairly heavy high for a good hour and a half or so, and that was from a 4 day old bud that was not close to being dried properly and was a couple weeks from being finished.. The best part was i probably did 25 toked off the bong and i didn't even cough once, not even a little cough, and that never happens when i hit the bong.. I could even hold every toke in for 5 - 10 seconds with no coughing at all, very nice.. And the high i got was from smoking less the a .2 in the bong.. So it's looking promising.. Ofcourse with my luck, the plants being a week or so away from finishing i saw a small spot or two on my best plant, a bit of powdery mildew again.. I even sprayed them a few days ago, then sprayed them again yesterday, then this morning i see a small spot on one leaf.. The high ph spray has always wiped the mildew out no problem before, but now that im close to harvest it suddenly isn't working as well?!?! Just my fucking luck!!!! It only showed on a couple leaves on that one plant though, so it isnt like i have a huge problem with it yet.. I just want to try and give the plants close to one more week to mature a little more, it is mostly just the hairs now, most of atleast 50-60 percent turned, but some of the buds still have fresh white hairs that havent turned yet, and i hate taking the plant with too many white hairs on it, even if the trichs tell you the plant is done... Anyways, regardless i will be taking atleast 4 of them down within the week probably, 2 of my plants, the 2 with the really smalle buds that i started feeding earth juice too, they may go another 2 weeks as they are farther behind. Anyway i pray i can get these babies dried and jarred without any mold issues.. I swear, mold has b een an ongoing issues for me for a few grows now, im so sick of investing a few months into a crop to have it ruined at the very end, its getting hard on the head. If it happens with this crop then i think i will maybe switch to growing sativa's, or just try to find strains with serious mold resistance. I know someone who has been growing a lemon skunk for a couple years now, he has powdery mildew issues often in his house and when other plants were having powdery mildew issues like crazy this lemon skunk just continues to thrive, never showing a single spot of mold or mildew..Now that's what i need!

dorjewright

dorjewright

I love earth juice but and a big but,u need to double up on the "grow" until close to the end of the flowering cycle otherwise girls will begin to fade early on i.e. 2x the amount of grow as recommended. Also make sure you have ej's primal harvest guano and meta k for the bloom boost. I think 2 to 1 tbls/gal. Look at the advanced feeding chart.
I use a tea in between weekly feedings. Flush the last week or 2 with catalyst/molasses 3 to 1/gal.
Never had a problem with the micro heard as far as I can tell. Depending on your water use microblast but add it to the plain water at the beginning of mixing to prevent chelation with the minerals in the water.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Molasses has Magnesium in it, so when you flush with it you're actually adding more nutes to your soil, Have you seen that spark or crackle when some one lights up? that's Magnesium... where peeps always thought it to be Nitrogen.
I know you add it to give a little carbs to help feed and to add sweetness, I just don't understand why you add, when a flush is supposed to be " A flush" of plain water. Just wondering?

Afghi420

Afghi420

Molasses has Magnesium in it, so when you flush with it you're actually adding more nutes to your soil, Have you seen that spark or crackle when some one lights up? that's Magnesium... where peeps always thought it to be Nitrogen.
I know you add it to give a little carbs to help feed and to add sweetness, I just don't understand why you add, when a flush is supposed to be " A flush" of plain water. Just wondering?

Yeah i hear ya there, i would never flush with MG... Im quite sure MG is what puts the harshness into your final product isnt it? I usually stop using any molasses 2 or 3 weeks before the plants are finished.. As far as earth juice, i don't get people telling me to use earth juice in an organic grow.. Maybe the Rev doesn't know what he is talkin about, or maybe some people think they are organic and they aren't really... I understand Earth Juice is made of organic goodies, and for a soup style organic grow it's great stuff, but from everything i have read you can NOT use earth juice in a real organic grow, or perhaps im just confusing organics and TLO... All i know is the Rev preaches about not using earth juice because it has too high levels of organic acids used for chelating.. Even if used in a tea earth juice is not supposed to be good for the microlife according to the Rev.. I've read his new book and tons of his articles in Skunk so im just going by what he preaches. I meant to put up a post here anyway asking exactly what the definition of organic growing is.. I see lots of people talking about organics yet they talk about using certain things that the Rev always says is a no no in TLO... Anyways, i followed what the Rev preaches which is supposed to be one of the purest ways to grow pot, and i have grown with earth juice numerous times and i've got to say the difference in smoothness in off the charts. I have probably smoked atleast 50 tokes off the bong in the past 4 or 5 days and only coughed slightly a couple times, huge difference in anything else ive ever smoked in that bong thats for sure...

Afghi420

Afghi420

I love earth juice but and a big but,u need to double up on the "grow" until close to the end of the flowering cycle otherwise girls will begin to fade early on i.e. 2x the amount of grow as recommended. Also make sure you have ej's primal harvest guano and meta k for the bloom boost. I think 2 to 1 tbls/gal. Look at the advanced feeding chart.
I use a tea in between weekly feedings. Flush the last week or 2 with catalyst/molasses 3 to 1/gal.
Never had a problem with the micro heard as far as I can tell. Depending on your water use microblast but add it to the plain water at the beginning of mixing to prevent chelation with the minerals in the water.

I don't get why you say to double up on grow during the final phase of flowering? Grow has too much nitrogen to be doubling up on at the end, you should be cutting it out completely a couple weeks before harvest.. I grow indoors with EJ and i don't hjave problems with my plants fading too early, you just need to dial it in properly.. Try searching Earth Juice by the 3lb 'three little birds' . They have a big page full of earth juice information which is what i used to dial in my grow.. After reading this chart and applying and slightly tweaking the schedules they have listed i was able to dial in my feedings perfectly so my plants were staying 100 % green and had zero spots or messed up leaves.. I find my problem a few times has been my plants started to fade slightly early, so i panic a bit and add a bit more grow to try to green them back up, and i end up giving them too much nitrogen towards the end and i think it has messed up my potentcy a couple times.. If you are giving too much nitrogen towards the end of flower then the plant might start focusing on growing some greenery and stop putting all of it's energy into producing resin.. I know this has messed with my potentcy before.. Actually i even did it again a bit this time, and i told myself i wasn't going to and still did it.. My plants outside this time were beginning to fade maybe 2-3 weeks before harvest, i thought it seemed a tad too soon so i added some nitrogen, only being organics things take a little more time to show up.. So it took the plants a couple weeks to begin to go green again, but at that time i was near harvest, not a good thing.. Atleast my plants were near finished anyways before that nitroge began taking effect, so i don't think i scrweed up my potentcy too badly.. Something to be cautious of though...

Bannacis

Bannacis

Yeah i hear ya there, i would never flush with MG... Im quite sure MG is what puts the harshness into your final product isnt it? I usually stop using any molasses 2 or 3 weeks before the plants are finished.. As far as earth juice, i don't get people telling me to use earth juice in an organic grow.. Maybe the Rev doesn't know what he is talkin about, or maybe some people think they are organic and they aren't really... I understand Earth Juice is made of organic goodies, and for a soup style organic grow it's great stuff, but from everything i have read you can NOT use earth juice in a real organic grow, or perhaps im just confusing organics and TLO... All i know is the Rev preaches about not using earth juice because it has too high levels of organic acids used for chelating.. Even if used in a tea earth juice is not supposed to be good for the microlife according to the Rev.. I've read his new book and tons of his articles in Skunk so im just going by what he preaches. I meant to put up a post here anyway asking exactly what the definition of organic growing is.. I see lots of people talking about organics yet they talk about using certain things that the Rev always says is a no no in TLO... Anyways, i followed what the Rev preaches which is supposed to be one of the purest ways to grow pot, and i have grown with earth juice numerous times and i've got to say the difference in smoothness in off the charts. I have probably smoked atleast 50 tokes off the bong in the past 4 or 5 days and only coughed slightly a couple times, huge difference in anything else ive ever smoked in that bong thats for sure...

Definitely the harshness is the mg, good that you stop early.
The rev states not to use liquid nutes on your soil, just in your teas and only a little at that. His brand of earth juice is all organic.
And too much of it is bad for the micro climate, it really wacks it out of balance. Organic is any nutrients that is derived from all natural substance...devoid of synthetics or chelated acids.
Tlo is organic but it is living, so in a sense you feed your soil not your plant.
I follow the Revs words like gospel. I love TLO style growing, I recycle my soil. I love the results from tlo.
I think that some organic growers use nutes or additives in their mix not realizing its not totally organic, it also can be the water is not clean also. plus certain bug sprays or mold sprays could compromise your soil if it drips into it.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I don't get why you say to double up on grow during the final phase of flowering? Grow has too much nitrogen to be doubling up on at the end, you should be cutting it out completely a couple weeks before harvest.. I grow indoors with EJ and i don't hjave problems with my plants fading too early, you just need to dial it in properly.. Try searching Earth Juice by the 3lb 'three little birds' . They have a big page full of earth juice information which is what i used to dial in my grow.. After reading this chart and applying and slightly tweaking the schedules they have listed i was able to dial in my feedings perfectly so my plants were staying 100 % green and had zero spots or messed up leaves.. I find my problem a few times has been my plants started to fade slightly early, so i panic a bit and add a bit more grow to try to green them back up, and i end up giving them too much nitrogen towards the end and i think it has messed up my potentcy a couple times.. If you are giving too much nitrogen towards the end of flower then the plant might start focusing on growing some greenery and stop putting all of it's energy into producing resin.. I know this has messed with my potentcy before.. Actually i even did it again a bit this time, and i told myself i wasn't going to and still did it.. My plants outside this time were beginning to fade maybe 2-3 weeks before harvest, i thought it seemed a tad too soon so i added some nitrogen, only being organics things take a little more time to show up.. So it took the plants a couple weeks to begin to go green again, but at that time i was near harvest, not a good thing.. Atleast my plants were near finished anyways before that nitroge began taking effect, so i don't think i scrweed up my potentcy too badly.. Something to be cautious of though...

Hopefully he meant doubling up on bloom...lol...that doubling up on grow is whacked. I stop any nitrogen feed at after 2 weeks into flower, since I tlo grow and use teas and spikes, I have enough N for finish to where they start fading last 2 weeks when I flush. if you need a fast N boost, use chicken shit, make a tea, strain it. chicken poo is a fast N releaser. JFYI

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yet, I use molasses and other sugars pretty much throughout the grow, including during 'flush' (I don't flush my plants, especially my outdoor soil ladies), and don't have problems with snapping, crackling or popping weed. I think *how* it's being used really has more to do with it than anything else. Go with a high rate (1T+/gal) and perhaps you might expect to see the results you're discussing here. Go with low rates like I do and I bet you won't experience that. Besides, being organic means that it's not being used directly by the plants, but is instead being turned into microbe shit, from which the plants sup.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

1tbs per gallon or more sometimes, I don't really measure it. Just mix a coffee mug full of molasses into five gallons, pour it on and water it in. Last couple weeks of flower always. No crackle here.

I don't consider it a flush either though.

Top Bottom