Outdoor Spots And Some Milky White Stuff On Leaves

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

growing in cloth bags about 200 gallon size with a mixture of promix and worm castings and stones i. the bottom for drainage growing gdp and purple haze

from clones using grotek bloom and heavy bud and monster bloom at label rates

all of a sudden in the last week they hae all developed these spots on the leaves everywhere .. they didn’t do this last year at all

only the one plant with just a couple leaves have the whitish look to them ...

buds seem fine...

and then there is the extreme discolour on only one plant just a couple leaves on one of the higher buds

any thoughts ..

Outdoor spots and some milky white stuff on leaves
Outdoor spots and some milky white stuff on leaves 2
Outdoor spots and some milky white stuff on leaves 3
Outdoor spots and some milky white stuff on leaves 4
Outdoor spots and some milky white stuff on leaves 5
Outdoor spots and some milky white stuff on leaves 6
Outdoor spots and some milky white stuff on leaves 7
stonestacker

stonestacker

Looks like you have powdery mildew and Thrips. Just my 2c.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Looks like you have powdery mildew and Thrips. Just my 2c.
there are trips for sure lady bugs also to help eat them ... they never did those holes before... and the white stuff wpm i was afraid of that myself it’s only on a few leaves now ... guess i need to address that .. any pro tips for that ?

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

only few more weeks prob for this lady maybe need to harvest a bit early doesn’t look like any buds with it yet

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Leaf sephoria (I think I have that right). Will start to spread more and more. Best of luck you harvest before real damage is done. If your in flower like I have been then there isn’t much that can be done.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Leaf sephoria (I think I have that right). Will start to spread more and more. Best of luck you harvest before real damage is done. If your in flower like I have been then there isn’t much that can be done.
Give asprin a chance, i read it gives plants a good immune boost and clears lots of things. Wouldn’t mind if someone else tried and documented the experiment :D

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

yeah the end of season is more or less a month away ... defiantly want to addrsss the mildew the other spots of it’s not that fungus it’s the thrip .. which i do have ... it says that’s a leaf fungus not so much on the flowers

the plants are huge so i’m gonna have to inspect the one that has the white stuff on the leafs a bit more and figure out best course of action .. maybe start water flush right away and get it out early to not impact other plants

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
yeah the end of season is more or less a month away ... defiantly want to addrsss the mildew the other spots of it’s not that fungus it’s the thrip .. which i do have ... it says that’s a leaf fungus not so much on the flowers

the plants are huge so i’m gonna have to inspect the one that has the white stuff on the leafs a bit more and figure out best course of action .. maybe start water flush right away and get it out early to not impact other plants
Pm is not that hard to get rid of imho. Potassium bicarbonate spray should kill it and if you add some asprin in that water, it will give an immune boost too (at least that is the claim).
Also there are some researches i read from some Egyptian univeristies that claims spraying with cinnamon oil will help prevent pm due its fungicidal properties, tho dosage is important, i burned the shit out of one plant. It cured the pm, but it wasn’t a big outbreak.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Pm is not that hard to get rid of imho. Potassium bicarbonate spray should kill it and if you add some asprin in that water, it will give an immune boost too (at least that is the claim).
Also there are some researches i read from some Egyptian univeristies that claims spraying with cinnamon oil will help prevent pm due its fungicidal properties, tho dosage is important, i burned the shit out of one plant. It cured the pm, but it wasn’t a big outbreak.
Just wanted to let you know when i tested aspirin it wasn't used on truly sick plants. Could i maybe urge you to looking into other sar inducers also? I did test it on starved plants but that's not the same. You should check out the other sar inducers and run a test on actual sick plants. I only tested chitosan and aspirin and couldn't find anything quantifiable or noticeable. But, you should check out all the sar inducers, not just aspirin. Chitosan, insect frass, and polysaccarhides were what i was going to test, might be some new ones by now. Anyways, not trying to argue or say anything conclusive, just giving ideas from when i was on that train also. Heads up though these are a pain to test and often require solubizers or other products to make them available. I drenched and applied to foliage on separate plants when i tested.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Just wanted to let you know when i tested aspirin it wasn't used on truly sick plants. Could i maybe urge you to looking into other sar inducers also? I did test it on starved plants but that's not the same. You should check out the other sar inducers and run a test on actual sick plants. I only tested chitosan and aspirin and couldn't find anything quantifiable or noticeable. But, you should check out all the sar inducers, not just aspirin. Chitosan, insect frass, and polysaccarhides were what i was going to test, might be some new ones by now. Anyways, not trying to argue or say anything conclusive, just giving ideas from when i was on that train also. Heads up though these are a pain to test and often require solubizers or other products to make them available. I drenched and applied to foliage on separate plants when i tested.
Nice. As i said, thats the claim, i have never tried it systematically, so i dont have any conclusive data either. I spray couple of times throughout the grow and havent had any major problems with diseases but of course it is a faulty statement to claim aspirin protects against diseases cause i never had one.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

what about hydrogen peroxide ? been doing some reading and from what i can see .. if i dulute it and spray the leaves of it gets on the buds no worries ... anyone have luck with it and PM

Madbud

Madbud

Leafhoppers make round marks. For pm i have used 50/50 milk and water, aspirin won’t hurt, just crush and dissolve it first in a glass of warm water, 2/gallon. Good luck

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

what about hydrogen peroxide ? been doing some reading and from what i can see .. if i dulute it and spray the leaves of it gets on the buds no worries ... anyone have luck with it and PM
Lots have success with that. The truth is that outdoors, most genetics will have some degree of pest issues. Prevention is the game outdoors. I don't have enough experience with pm to advise, but that is an accepted practice.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
To sum up hydrogen peroxide, essential oils, potassium bicarbonate and sodium bicarbonate are all perfectly acceptable to use on pm based on your plants life stage. Good coverage is the key. Aspirin doesn’t hurt.

Top Bottom