• Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Mother plants for outdoors this year
Frogdog
Gg4
Fruitpunch
Gonna be taking cuts soon then hopefully i can put these ladies in the 100 gallon pots
Be careful using mother plants outdoors and expecting them to do good. If they are old and have woody stems they will never get that vigorous healthy growth spurt like a young plant in optimum condition. Your moms don't look that old so u should be fine. But if they have super hard woody stalks you might want to use younger plants

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Be careful using mother plants outdoors and expecting them to do good. If they are old and have woody stems they will never get that vigorous healthy growth spurt like a young plant in optimum condition. Your moms don't look that old so u should be fine. But if they have super hard woody stalks you might want to use younger plants
Word

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

The gg4 is a month old but frogdog & fruitpunch have been around since October frogdog is woody! Thanks dog
So I'll just run new cuts of them both

socaljoe

socaljoe

Nice babies.

Do you take clones and sex them before putting them in their final home? I need to figure out my plan of attack for this year, maybe set up a small clone tent with t5 lighting so I can figure out which plants go in the ground and which get chopped.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Nice babies.

Do you take clones and sex them before putting them in their final home? I need to figure out my plan of attack for this year, maybe set up a small clone tent with t5 lighting so I can figure out which plants go in the ground and which get chopped.
Yes I'll sex these seedling b4 i take cuts , but as long as i get 3 females of each strain ! Also rubbin stem to see what the terpines smell like

socaljoe

socaljoe

You just have to learn to spot males or females! You can always switch them to 12/12 light til they show sex then re-veg the females
I've had some practice spotting males and females, but I don't trust myself 100% yet, so yeah sexing them under 12/12 is probably the way to go for me.

I'm starting to over think this whole thing before I've even started...I need to just relax and have fun with it.

Thanks for the input.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I've had some practice spotting males and females, but I don't trust myself 100% yet, so yeah sexing them under 12/12 is probably the way to go for me.

I'm starting to over think this whole thing before I've even started...I need to just relax and have fun with it.

Thanks for the input.
Right on brother, yup the most important thing to me is look at what the plant is telling you! She'll either be a beautiful lady if you treat her right or she'll look like shit if your dont give her the attention she needs

socaljoe

socaljoe

Right on brother, yup the most important thing to me is look at what the plant is telling you! She'll either be a beautiful lady if you treat her right or she'll look like shit if your dont give her the attention she needs
Sounds like we're on the same page about keeping the plant happy by giving her what she wants. I practiced that a few years ago and ended up with a nearly 8 foot tall beauty at the end of the season. That was a gratifying end to my first grow.

Cheers to you GG.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Sounds like we're on the same page about keeping the plant happy by giving her what she wants. I practiced that a few years ago and ended up with a nearly 8 foot tall beauty at the end of the season. That was a gratifying end to my first grow.

Cheers to you GG.
Right on brother

Top Bottom