outwest Gardens

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
That's a friggin' ganga glamour shot, outwest! lol ;) If you celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope it was a good one!

Thanks for the kind words about my kind nugs. I actually had a shitty Thanksgiving, but it's all good now, and I'm looking ahead. I figure it's the only shitty Thanksgiving I've ver had in my life, so that in itself is something to be thankful for. Onward and upward.

Finally getting around to the main attraction. Looks like the LPB cuts are adjusting to their new home a lighting schedule. The Tahoe Alien cuts are just a few weeks away from flowering.

I have to pay special attention to Fried Banana Kush #1. I have 3 FBK ladies, and this one has incredibly strong feminine expression and she's only ever seen 24 hours of light! Stacking and covered with calyxes, not going into flowering, but expressing her womanhood in full effect. Of the 3, this is the one that I have a healthy cut of and should be able to flower her in the next few weeks. I'll try to get some photos of the uber ladylike mom soon.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Here is the FBK tester I had mentioned. Calyxes all over and producing a fair amount of resin for a plant under 24 hours of light. I pointed out the calyxes and circled some of the resin. I'd love to hear what others think of this.

outwest

FBKFREAK sf

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
looks to be an auto trait or close to......Keep an eye on here. Have you taken cuts of that one yet and had them grow out right?

It's the only one of the three that is doing this, and I do have a clone of her that I'll start flowering in about 2 weeks. That would be a bummer if auto-traits somehow entered the gene pool somewhere.

You'll be glad to know that I have all of those goat x the white beans soaking. Fems correct? My plan is to grow to about 10" and flip em.

outwest

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Here is the FBK tester I had mentioned. Calyxes all over and producing a fair amount of resin for a plant under 24 hours of light. I pointed out the calyxes and circled some of the resin. I'd love to hear what others think of this.

outwest

View attachment 271287
Is she rootbound? She likes large containers and lots of food, ime
looks to be an auto trait or close to......Keep an eye on here. Have you taken cuts of that one yet and had them grow out right?
Got many of them going in flower and the first week of flower they had less than that...lol
We'll see but this would be the first of that showing itself. Seen many of the VBK hybrids finish and no signs of auto flower at all.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Is that mite or thrip damage on the leaf about an inch to the left of the red circle? She might be sensitive, I'd check for bugs cause I"m pretty sure I see some damage in that pic and Rootbound would be my first guess. A whole plant shot would help, how are the clones doing?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Thanks for the kind words about my kind nugs. I actually had a shitty Thanksgiving, but it's all good now, and I'm looking ahead. I figure it's the only shitty Thanksgiving I've ver had in my life, so that in itself is something to be thankful for. Onward and upward.

Finally getting around to the main attraction. Looks like the LPB cuts are adjusting to their new home a lighting schedule. The Tahoe Alien cuts are just a few weeks away from flowering.

I have to pay special attention to Fried Banana Kush #1. I have 3 FBK ladies, and this one has incredibly strong feminine expression and she's only ever seen 24 hours of light! Stacking and covered with calyxes, not going into flowering, but expressing her womanhood in full effect. Of the 3, this is the one that I have a healthy cut of and should be able to flower her in the next few weeks. I'll try to get some photos of the uber ladylike mom soon.

outwest
Ime, 18/6 lighting is better for keeping plants less stressed, of course that's dependent on many factors but I don't care for the 24hr reg for plants except for rooting then I put them in 18/6. Just trying to think of anything here...lol

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Is that mite or thrip damage on the leaf about an inch to the left of the red circle? She might be sensitive, I'd check for bugs cause I"m pretty sure I see some damage in that pic and Rootbound would be my first guess. A whole plant shot would help, how are the clones doing?

ya thats weird. But I have seen it happen with a strain plant or two out of hundreds.

It almost looks like a full on revergger...interesting tho. She looks like she really wants to go.

It's the only one of the three that is doing this, and I do have a clone of her that I'll start flowering in about 2 weeks. That would be a bummer if auto-traits somehow entered the gene pool somewhere.

You'll be glad to know that I have all of those goat x the white beans soaking. Fems correct? My plan is to grow to about 10" and flip em.

outwest

Haha YES>...stoked....and yes they are fems.....High hopes for those homie......

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hey Baba - Thanks for all the insights. I think you are definitely on the right track on all accounts. Yes, I think it's stress. I don't give my mom's the love they deserve. It's in a 2 gallon fabric pot. Yes it had thrips, but I cleaned that up just recently. And yes, she gets 24 hours of light. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Thought maybe it was the genetic equivalent of a mating call or something. I think the spectrum of light I'm using sucks too. Thanks again.

outwest

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Baba - Thanks for all the insights. I think you are definitely on the right track on all accounts. Yes, I think it's stress. I don't give my mom's the love they deserve. It's in a 2 gallon fabric pot. Yes it had thrips, but I cleaned that up just recently. And yes, she gets 24 hours of light. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Thought maybe it was the genetic equivalent of a mating call or something. I think the spectrum of light I'm using sucks too. Thanks again.

outwest
The rootbound issue is prob the precursor, seen plenty of non auto plants flip into flower when in small containers, genetic dependent. Some plants like space for roots and some don't root out as far distance sometimes, ime. The two strains that make up the Mother of the FBK(Bandana OG) is tall and loves root room. Are the other FBK ones less stressed or just not as susceptible it seems?
Hopefully the clones will be ok, I'd just start a fresh lil mini mom plant incase she turns out super...Keep me posted for sure ;) Good or bad, feedback is key, sometimes the finicky gals can be the keepers:)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
On another note, thrips aren't that stressful to a plant compared to many other things. Are the other FBK girls in the same 2 gal containers and of comparable size as that one? She must be sensitive to stressors if all the other plants your working with right now are in the same condition so keep an eye on the clones but hopefully it'll work out and you can atleast try it once if she isn't the one.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
This was the first to show sex many weeks ago, so definitely the most mature if that is an accurate word to use. The other two look OK.

I also want to revisit the potential for improper spectrum causing some problems. Almost every plant under these fluoros (several different strains) are demonstrating a 'zig-zag' grow pattern that as you alluded to is kind of a pre-cursor to flowering. They are 4100k and should be 6500k. Should probably switch those out too.

Thanks for keeping an open mind about things. As these are testers I think problems arising, even from neglect, are OK. It's important to see how the plants reacts under different conditions. I can assure you that once these go into flower, their will be no neglect!

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
BRO! Do you have it under fluoros? I really need to bump my mother tent up to a MH.

outwest
I have a couple CFLs in there But
Im useing and old 400w MH AND a new 1000w MH to light a 12'x12' room

I suck at growing indoors :( ...and I have way to many plants in that room..

Maybe I shoulda just planted the f2'seeds in may :confused: and saved the electric bill:mad:

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I have a couple CFLs in there But
Im useing and old 400w MH AND a new 1000w MH to light a 12'x12' room

I suck at growing indoors :( ...and I have way to many plants in that room..

Maybe I shoulda just planted the f2'seeds in may :confused: and saved the electric bill:mad:

I hate growing indoors, but not as much as I hate paying retail for weed. Some day I'll have a hat with a plant growing on top that I'll wear whenever I'm out in the sunshine. Until then I'll reside in the 5th dimension.

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I hate growing indoors, but not as much as I hate paying retail for weed. Some day I'll have a hat with a plant growing on top that I'll wear whenever I'm out in the sunshine. Until then I'll reside in the 5th dimension.

outwest

Bro, If I could grow indoors as well as you do, Id be liking it a lot more;)
Keep up the great work !

Top Bottom