Over A Month Old And One Preflower.

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

I am still pretty new to growing, I have had two other attempts that did not go over well. My last grow was in bad soil and was male, it was 7 weeks old and have many male preflowers. My current plant sprouted on 6/15. A little over 2 weeks ago, I saw a preflower. It looks female to me but no pistils. Am I doing anything wrong?
Over a month old and one preflower

dextr0

dextr0

I still dont see a pre anything in that pic. Sometimes takes longer than month. b patient.
is it in flower yet? i mean have u started 12/12 yet??
also do u have a grow log here. always helps as ppl can follow and see what u are or are not doing.

Mari420

Mari420

It's at the bottom of the pic. I had to crop it some and made it hard to see it. Right now it's still in 18-6, and no I do not have a grow log. Here is a zoomed in pic of it.

Mari420

Mari420

im sorry that is not a preflower. keep waiting.
It's not? I know it's not a stipule because I accidentally cut the second off when I tried Topping for the first time. It's been growing too.

blu3kush

blu3kush

Looks like a pre flower to me it's coming out between the knuckles of the two branches above just looks shriveled up a bit and missing its pistils. Maybe just stressed out causing a delay when did you top. Is it showing any deficiencies. What's your light cycle?

Mari420

Mari420

Looks like a pre flower to me it's coming out between the knuckles of the two branches above just looks shriveled up a bit and missing its pistils. Maybe just stressed out causing a delay when did you top. Is it showing any deficiencies. What's your light cycle?
I think I topped that one last week maybe. I did recently transplant it from a 1gal container to a 3 gal. No shock or anything. No deficiencies that I can tell, there is some burns from it growing into the light. She's over all looking pretty healthy, and she's on 18-6 lighting. She's been growing a lot slower than my last grow, which was male. I know females grow slower and that's why I'm thinking it is a female. The stipule is actually the one that's yellowish and shriveled up.

blu3kush

blu3kush

I could be wrong but I think it's from transplanting and topping I would just give it some time to heal and get back where it left off. If you still don't see any change in another week try flipping to 12/12. Forgot to ask was it bagseeds

Mari420

Mari420

I could be wrong but I think it's from transplanting and topping I would just give it some time to heal and get back where it left off. If you still don't see any change in another week try flipping to 12/12. Forgot to ask was it bagseeds
Yeah it's bagseed, it's supplies to be mr nice guy. I think that's an 80/20 Imdica Dom.

dextr0

dextr0

Thats not a preflower. Blu u should check out the link I posted too. No offense.

dextr0

dextr0

yes maam that looks like one to me. and uppon further inspection of other pic i just saw what yall were lookong at, and i believe i was wrong apologise to u and blu.
congratulations!

Mari420

Mari420

yes maam that looks like one to me. and uppon further inspection of other pic i just saw what yall were lookong at, and i believe i was wrong apologise to u and blu.
congratulations!
Haha that's totally fine, everyone makes mistakes (: and I know the pic isn't that great of one. My phone isn't the best with taking pics of the plant.

blu3kush

blu3kush

Nice is that a new one right thats a good sign then you should be growing bids in no time. When do you plan on flipping them. Dextr0 no offense taken just glad we have it all cleared up.

Mari420

Mari420

Nice is that a new one right thats a good sign then you should be growing bids in no time. When do you plan on flipping them. Dextr0 no offense taken just glad we have it all cleared up.
It's actually an old pic, I took it over 2 weeks ago when I first noticed it. I'm assuming you're right and hasn't been growing more of them because of shock and everything. Since it looks female to me, I took a clone of it. So once the clone roots and grows some. I'm going to switch it over. So maybe 2-3 week from now. She's pretty small, only 7-8" inches.

blu3kush

blu3kush

Yea I would wait and let it get bigger too. Cloning is a pain I'm still trying to get it right

Mari420

Mari420

Yea I would wait and let it get bigger too. Cloning is a pain I'm still trying to get it right
It's super hard, I've tried 3 times now. The last two attempts dried out. I talked to some friends and they told me an easy way to do it was to just cut a water bottle, put in the cutting and some water, and then but the cut part upside down into it. It makes a little humidity dome that stays warm.

blu3kush

blu3kush

That might work too. I've noticed that when cloning in soil or rapid rooter it's good to le the medium dry a little if it's always wet the stem turn brown and dies and they have to be kept somewhere where kinda shady too much light kills them. Then again some strains are just easier to clone then others I have a blue tare that took 2 weeks for roots to appear then I have a space monkey that had roots in 1 week same method done to both.

Top Bottom