over nuteing

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I really don't understand the chart I literally had to look up vpd(vapor pressure deficit) now I don't know what to do with that number or how it works:bag: Please elaborate a bit more in layman terms so I can test the chart a bit.

The chart is literally color coded to be as easy as possible. Pick your target temperature. Then, go across until you hit the green on the chart. Go up to the rh axis and read the percentage recommended. That's what you make your rh percentage. Done! This is the secret to getting effective results from CO² augmentation, which is where the powerful growth comes from!

Do we really need to understand why gravity works to know shit rolls downhill? LOL I fuckin' laughed my young, dumb ass off when the old timer told me that one! It is wisdom, cautioning against what we now call 'analysis paralysis'.

Do the research, but in the meantime use the chart like cliffs notes; keep temps and relative humidity crossing at green squares on the chart. This means lower rh is better at lower temps, like night time.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Got it this was a good lesson and i'm always happy to learn:couchpotato:

Right up there with growing great herbs for people who need it most, one of my greatest pleasures in life is 'teaching'- which, really, is leading others to new ideas.

I don't know why I get such a sense of fulfillment from it, but I do... and that's reason enough for me.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've been running these higher humidity levels for over a year now, and it seems to help the plants be MORE resistant to problems like mold and mildew. I think this is because VPD theory shows us where the plants are least stressed- and if we maintain our environmental conditions 'in the green' the plants will be at their strongest, most vigorous, and therefore most able to fight off problems.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

So have you tested all up and down the chart? What makes you lean higher on the chart rather than lower?

ttystikk

ttystikk

So have you tested all up and down the chart? What makes you lean higher on the chart rather than lower?

I chose 80 F because that's as warm as I want the room to get to preserve trichome quality. Then I just read across the chart. I augment with CO², and it helps a lot!

I see the room getting warmer occasionally, so it does run hard with the CO² especially in the heat of summer.

One more thing to keep firmly in mind as you raise RH: make sure you raise your nutrient EC. I run as high as 1.7 at peak bloom, I start with 1.3 going into bloom, climb up, then drop off .3-.4 every week through week 8, then flush.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I chose 80 F because that's as warm as I want the room to get to preserve trichome quality. Then I just read across the chart. I augment with CO², and it helps a lot!

I see the room getting warmer occasionally, so it does run hard with the CO² especially in the heat of summer.

One more thing to keep firmly in mind as you raise RH: make sure you raise your nutrient EC. I run as high as 1.7 at peak bloom, I start with 1.3 going into bloom, climb up, then drop off .3-.4 every week through week 8, then flush.

Yea this summer kicked my fucking ass so bad it got me buying advanced nutrient products and now that its cooling down i'm starting to change my mind. My temps got to be as high as 88 degrees maybe even higher when I wasn't looking but my trichomes where dam near non existent. I look forward to the fall:cigar:

ttystikk

ttystikk

When temps get hot, I unplug a thouie or two, often just for a few hours in late afternoon.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I run my flowering rooms at night to keep temps as low as possible but we had a heat wave in riverside that reached temps up to 110 degrees, with temps that high its almost impossible to keep a grow room cool just had to roll with the punches. My product was shit but it sold anyway because genetics can't be matched! My harvest was short and meager and can only get better. Anyone out there going through it like me hang in there our time is coming, the west coast shall rise again:rolleyes:

ttystikk

ttystikk

I run my flowering rooms at night to keep temps as low as possible but we had a heat wave in riverside that reached temps up to 110 degrees, with temps that high its almost impossible to keep a grow room cool just had to roll with the punches. My product was shit but it sold anyway because genetics can't be matched! My harvest was short and meager and can only get better. Anyone out there going through it like me hang in there our time is coming, the west coast shall rise again:rolleyes:

Dude, I run 'round the clock. One shift overnight and the other all day. I shorten day lengths through bloom, so I set that extra dark time to happen at the end of the afternoon, to combat the inevitable heat soak. My climate is nowhere near as severe as many, so I get away with a bit less capacity, spread it around, run sealed and vented hoods...

And run 16kW of bloom simultaneously, all cooled, dehueyed and rdwc chilled by just two tons. Total. I kept the (second, smarter one, not the moron who broke my first one!) hvac tech up late the night after he saw it, trying to figure out how I pulled it off- he said he'd never seen anything like it!

buddahslave

buddahslave

Dude, I run 'round the clock. One shift overnight and the other all day. I shorten day lengths through bloom, so I set that extra dark time to happen at the end of the afternoon, to combat the inevitable heat soak. My climate is nowhere near as severe as many, so I get away with a bit less capacity, spread it around, run sealed and vented hoods...

And run 16kW of bloom simultaneously, all cooled, dehueyed and rdwc chilled by just two tons. Total. I kept the (second, smarter one, not the moron who broke my first one!) hvac tech up late the night after he saw it, trying to figure out how I pulled it off- he said he'd never seen anything like it!

How are you able to use that much electricity? Are you on a 200 amp panel?

ttystikk

ttystikk

How are you able to use that much electricity? Are you on a 200 amp panel?

8kW all day and another 8kW all night, along with 1500W of veg, 5 RDWC totalling 250 gallons, and the 2 Ton ChillKing pulls less than 11 amps. I actually stay 'way under my 100 amp main!

Top Bottom