Over the hill and through the Trees

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

Well as the title states it, I'm going over the hill and through the trees.
Over the hill and through the trees 4

This is my attempt at a 2023 outdoor grow, Not sure how it will all play out but it's mainly just for fun.

Originally planned on running some autos but then my brother told me he was bringing me a plant. His girlfriends parents gave it to him for me, not sure if it's a seed or clone but it's coming in labled 'un named sativa variety'.

Should be in later this evening so I got the site ready. Dug a whole 8-10" deep and about 16" across. Dumped probably 7 gallons of re used soil in there, and ripped up some grass to put down as a mulch. Also found some worms in the site already
Over the hill and through the trees 5
Over the hill and through the trees 2
Over the hill and through the trees 3
Over the hill and through the trees

Planning on just transplanting and watering that sucker in like normal. Will post pics when the plant shows up

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeee. Haaa!!!!!! You made this old farts day! Will be fun. I think you should get an Indica and put it in also. Not sure you are going to be able to finish a sativa. But whatever you decide, thanks for giving it a whirl!🍻🐒

Lockebox

Lockebox

Yeee. Haaa!!!!!! You made this old farts day! Will be fun. I think you should get an Indica and put it in also. Not sure you are going to be able to finish a sativa. But whatever you decide, thanks for giving it a whirl!🍻🐒
Yeah it'll definitely be tough finishing a sativa here, be it weather reasons or me moving away before harvest.

Digging the hole and getting everything ready kinda got the fire going in me again, I may sort through the bean vault tonight and germ an indica or maybe one of them autos after all

Lockebox

Lockebox

To the tune of walking on a dream, I'm:
Popping Auto Beans 🫘🎶
IMG 2023 05 24 04 27 52 793
Screenshot 20230520 063921

What a range of fruit flavors lmao, I'll be surprised if I can pick out more than 2 with my pallet 🤣

Not an Indica Chucky, another sativa. But an auto flower sativa 😎

Lockebox

Lockebox

First plant showed up and went in the ground. It's been raining on and off all day so I just planted, no water. Need to work on animal fencing now.

It was labeled "white bottle?" Question mark included lol. Doesn't look to be a crazy sativa, we'll see
IMG 2023 05 24 13 27 58 348
IMG 2023 05 24 13 31 12 886
IMG 2023 05 24 13 32 58 727

Lockebox

Lockebox

Relieving day for the outdoor. Been worried about the auto seed getting cooked ever since I planted it Thursday. Misting the soil every 2 hours finally paid off 👍🏻
IMG 2023 05 28 11 09 55 5942

This plants doing good, Adjusting well. It's gonna be a learning curve for me growing in ground instead of pots when it comes to watering.

No water yet, just rain
IMG 2023 05 27 10 24 10 255
IMG 2023 05 28 11 12 09 897

Lockebox

Lockebox

Interesting read on neem and grasshoppers. Remembering back to last year, they're quite the annoyance in this area. I noticed a few chomp marks this morning on the bigger plant, thankfully I was prepared for this and have the auto caged off under a metal screen storage bin.

Debating spraying the bigger plant with neem this evening. Supposed to be cloudy with a 15% chance of rain so it'd be a good time, but i'm unsure if the plant was treated with anything prior to coming to me. Perhaps i'll consult the coin again..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Damn! Forgot about all the things that have it in for your plants back there. Might try mosquito netting. Kind of hate to put anything over them that filters out the sun. A guy in Colorado posted pictures last year of these big monstrous grasshoppers! Hopefully you can get them big enough to handle some chomping here and there! Also, a guy posted some kind of garlic powder concoction here recently. Might want to look into that.

Last edited:
Lockebox

Lockebox

Damn! Forgot about all the things that have it in for your plants back there. Might try mosquito netting. Kind of hate to put anything over them that filters out the sun. A guy in Colorado posted pictures last year of these big monstrous grasshoppers! Hopefully you can get them big enough to handle some chomping here and there! Also, a guy posted some kind of garlic powder concoction here recently. Might want to look into that.
Oh yeah, lots of stuff to watch out for here. Last year the biggest issue I had was grasshoppers and mice, curious to see how being in the woods will change things.
Interesting on the garlic, I read that online as well for natural remedies. May try some of that this summer.

For the seed Heres what I've got for now until it can at least survive some bites. The memory of a grasshopper eating a fresh sprout still haunts me
IMG 2023 05 29 07 03 40 979
IMG 2023 05 29 07 04 02 921

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
We will see how much it light it blocks off and whether they start stretching or get spindly. If they get a big enough, you can slit PVC and put it around the stalk to help deter mice. Maybe even slop a little tangle foot on the PVC. I’ve lost more mature plants to mice and rats than anything else. But that was mostly back in the day.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Yeah time will tell, should only need it for a week or two though.
Good idea on the pvc, I will probably do that as they get bigger.
Man I remember the mice last year, it was like cola by cola, week by week.

Good thing I had so many problems last go around, now I know what to watch out for. Kind of

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, when you’re playing ball with mother, nature, you can plan on getting beaned a few times! Lol but there is always a chance of whacking one out of the park, also!

fawnridge

fawnridge

Go to a barber shop or hair salon and get a bag or two of cut hair. It will dissuade larger critters like deer and rabbits.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Yeah, when you’re playing ball with mother, nature, you can plan on getting beaned a few times! Lol but there is always a chance of whacking one out of the park, also!
Haha I'm hoping I do on this one, I really want to see what the auto does being planted in the ground. I had a hard time deciding to start in a cup or directly out there but so far so good.

Idk what the other plant is but it smells good when you bend it around, maybe it'll be something special

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

We used to spread dog shit round the perimeter of our bush crops back in the day it seemed to work in Aus anyway kept the Roos and rabbits n possums away 👍 dunno bout bloody bears n things that u blokes get though😂

Top Bottom