Overfed Or Underfed? Canna Ab

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

threw them in some 1 gal pots, hit them with a rhyzo foliar @ 2ml/gallon and fed as well, didnt see this post about half strength until after so they got a full feed but humidity is up in the 60-70% range, I think we are turning around here.

berryhill

berryhill

I know I'm late BUT! Been in coco since 2006 and have been completely successful the entire time. I use canna a&b with botanicare 5kg blocks. Fresh coir (transplanting) starts with nutrient solution ph'ed at 6.3ish to offset the pre existing low ph 5.5 in the coir. Here is where you will think I'm an idiot lol. With your rez full of fresh water and circulating add 350ppms of botanicare cal/mag @6.8 conversion (don't know what ec that is). Then add equal parts of canna a&b until you reach 1ec....ph in fresh coir at 6.3ish and feed till you get significant runoff. The initial high 6.3ish ph will raise the otherwise low pre existing ph in the fresh coir to the target ph you want and need for your plants to thrive. All feedings afterwards are at 6.0 ph for the entire run. Why? Coco loves anything between 5.8 and 6.2 with 6.0 being ideal as a buffer setting allowing a potential swing -+ of .2either direction. Your plants NEED cal/mag supplementation as I directed, do not deviate. Always make sure your meter is calibrated for proper ph and otherwise. An old probe can give you a BAD ph read and your plants will get sick. ph is usually the culprit with sick looking plants, not toxicity, or deficiency. Remember, just because a plant can take a 1000+ ppms does not mean you're suppose too feed it that much. I doubledamn guarantee you if you follow this recipe you will be successful. Your humidity needs to be lower, 50-55% for your scrubbers to work optimaly and more importantly for proper plant transpiration. Your welcome and happy growing.

J

Jaydee86

Did you ever find out the problem? I'm having similar issues with mine and I can't find the cause it's so frustrating!

Solarscar

Solarscar

What has your watering/feed schedule been the past week? They look a bit heavy and clawing down some.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I done coco for 6 years now and use cana a&b and i also think your ppm is high for three week veg also..

Tips i can give ya from what i have learnt for coco..
Always feed ph between 5-8 an 6 2
Feed daily to run off.
Sometimes less is more with feed. I never nomally go over 700 ppm.

When u hit problems. Chek ph goin in an whats coming out.
Same for chekin ya ppm goin in and whats coming out.

Jus choppd these

IMG 20211209 WA0003
Solarscar

Solarscar

Since they are in veg, I would not water/feed again until you see the leaves droop and want water… take note of the time it took between waterings for the leaves to droop then water 1/2 day earlier next go around and watch your leaves start praying. Easy way to check your watering schedule. Strain dependent

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
My guess is neither. I think there's something more at play here; pH; watering regime; air flow possibly. Or some other environmental aren't dialed precisely.

I get the impression hard water is the overwhelming issue at play here. 190 ppm is unacceptable; unless it somehow lines up the numbers in a very beneficial way.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Right on. I try to run with less is more when it comes to my love affair with the plant. 👍😍

F

friendofblacky

I done coco for 6 years now and use cana a&b and i also think your ppm is high for three week veg also..

Tips i can give ya from what i have learnt for coco..
Always feed ph between 5-8 an 6 2
Feed daily to run off.
Sometimes less is more with feed. I never nomally go over 700 ppm.

When u hit problems. Chek ph goin in an whats coming out.
Same for chekin ya ppm goin in and whats coming out.

Jus choppd these
Hye man I'm having a bit of trouble dialing in my nutes also . I see that you said to check Runoff ph ? I keep getting told by so many growers even on reputable sites with a fair understanding of the science to not measure runoff ph. They say yes to check runoff ec but no to checking runoff ph . Wouldn't runoff ph give a good idea of the ph at the roots ? I've always ignored it as sooooo many people said not to worry about it. But my runoff ph is like 7.1 7.2 . 5.8 going in . And no matter how buffered my coco is I always seem to run Into problems with seedlings. I use rainwater which is zero ec . Every feed I check my runoff ec and runoff ph even though they tell me not to . I always keep my runoff ec on target and is only ever usually 100ec less than inflow ec . But yeah I get a heavy deficiency early on with new growth. Here's a pic of what my babies do . Your plants look amazing man hopefully u can help me get my runoff ph down?
Thanks in advance

Screenshot 20221011 201732 Photos
Top Bottom