overkill with lights?

• Thread starter loolagigi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

Dont count your grams before they grow bro. you will be dissapointed in the end. especially 1st grow in. there are a hell of a lot of unforseen issues.

1st thing id do is go out and buy 3 100 watt hps lamps that would sit on the floor and shine up from the bottom. it will double your bud size by fattening up the lower part of the budng branches. its ok to have a plan and goal. just dont count on it..
also if you want to grow a pound in a small space grow some big bud...i grow under a 400hps a 600hps. 2 100hps and 4 4ft floros. in an 8 by 8 in 5 gals in promix. i usually pull a quarter from each plant. thats at a 1 month veg. this time i vegged 60 plus days. tripled size before flowering. im looking to add another 600..
its a lot of work to grow a pound...for me anyways.

N

noobest

Lumens are rated at 1ft above plant canopy
**and i believe its also important to remember/factor in, that those "145,000 lumens" typed on the side of your 1k Bulb box, is INITIAL lumens, which take a little while to work there way up to them (the # of initial lumens markets on box), initial lumens are not emmited as soon as you throw that brand new bulb in your socket. and on the other end, initial lumens aren't something i would calculate with in figuring out exactly how much light your systems' pushing, because they diminish obviously over time, and REALLY diminish as you have to move your light farther & farther up, due to heat issues and similar. :joint:

Top Bottom