Overwhelmed choosing 1st hydro kit

• Thread starter Buzzilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buzzilla

There are so many different hydro kits I would not even know where to start? I do know that I want it fairly small like 3'x4'. I am starting with autoflowering at first. Maybe if someone could point me at a good reading article or something. Thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you ever grown plants before? If you have, then just don't worry about it too hard, use your noggin and treat it like a plant. You're going to have a LOT of questions, you're going to have issues, you're not going to pull poundage off your first grow. But it's my own recommendation that you just start with the easy methods, and hydro ain't it.

If you haven't grown plants before, then hydro definitely would be about the most difficult method to learn as a beginner, and again, I have to recommend keeping it simple and going with soil in pots, handwatering and feeding.

B

Buzzilla

I am more of a mechanic than a green thumb. I guess that would make sense to start with soil. Thanks for the reply...

S

smalltime99

You could always go with GH's water farm kit. It is one of the easiest system's to keep them going. It is also easy to recover from mistakes. This way you can set them on the timer and watch them go. Really easy to maintain the water level and the system. just my 2¢

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea do like Sea said start off with soil ur 1st run.. U need 2 learn the basics 1st..

M

Max-Juice

Go to the hydro shop, the specialize in their products, but yeah start with some soil plants, ocean forrest is good and I hear the Fox Farm nutrient has a 3-part formula and is very easy to understand and use.

Climate is a very big issue, ensuring circulation, ventilation, adequate room temperatures, pest control, light distance from plants not too far not too close, humidity, 80% clones, 60% veg, 40% flowering, you will learn as you go along.

Starting small is best, 1 light a few plants and some ventiliation in and out fans, circulating fans, and you could get away with a decent amount.

also nutrients are key, don't add too much as you can burn your plants, and not enough and they will be too hungry.

Good luck!

G

Gaphoon

keep it simple

Go with soil and maybe even just a 2 part nutrient to start.

something like biobizz Grow and bloom.

D

daddymexbricks

Soil with age old 2 part! Use a bloom booster in flower as directed and some mag I cal to keepem lush and green! Make sure to get a good climate and food water a ppm meter!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey alytalawy,
The BioBizz Grow can be used from after you transplant your clone and can be used thru the first couple weeks of the flowering(12-12light period). So basically use it for veg, and very beginning of flower. They say you can use the BioBizz grow thru most of flower at something like 1ml/gal maybe and that works but I'd cut it out by week 4-5 depending on what kind your growing.
So, after the first week of flowering start with the BioBizz bloom...

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Rock some coco beds

Wish I would have done it my first time LOL

P

paperplane

If your a mechanic that means you can follow directions and make sure things are done right. I would go with Coco in Smart pots on a 4x4 tray hand watered. Get some basic nutrients, follow the chart. Botanicare is really easy! Get a PH pen and a ppm pen and a 5 gallon bucket. Mix your nutes 5 gallons at a time in a bucket the day before you feed. Make sure you keep PH within 5.3-6.3 hand water until you get some runoff off each pot and you should be good to go.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Just curious, what other nutes are you planning on using? Do you have a bloom booster or any additives? You might want to get a quart of some kind of bloom booster, like Roots Organics HPK or HP2 or some guano kalong, or some other booster. Are you going for the whole Bio Bizz lineup?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I started with soil....pretty dang easy that way.

You could always go with GH's water farm kit. It is one of the easiest system's to keep them going. It is also easy to recover from mistakes. This way you can set them on the timer and watch them go. Really easy to maintain the water level and the system. just my 2¢

Thanks For the Tip!

I just checked those out...
and I think I might be able to handle growing in one of those!

what if I built something like this?
51VxgFeuj8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

^^Are those ^^fairly easy to maintain?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Sorry to hijack your thread a bit buzzilla, but I too would recommend soil/coco for first run or if you wanna hydro it, get a 4'x4' tray, a reservoir and a pump & timer, essentially you could do ebb & flow for cheap and be hydro...

A

alytalawy

Just curious, what other nutes are you planning on using? Do you have a bloom booster or any additives? You might want to get a quart of some kind of bloom booster, like Roots Organics HPK or HP2 or some guano kalong, or some other booster. Are you going for the whole Bio Bizz lineup?

Actually because its hard to ship nutrients to this country and i have to wait for some one coming from abroad to get me some I actually got my hands on some organic NPK fertilizer pellets and they reacted good with the plants they grew much faster so I was wondering on using the BioGrow or should I just keep them on the fertilizer?

C

charjakson

WOW.....so I am in the process of getting my papers signed thanks to a few websites marijuana doctors and medical marijuana. So now I am looking into growing my own stuff. I was thinking about growing in soil....and by the posts on here I am now pretty confident that is the way to go!! I'm just gonna try soil in a bucket with a few nutrients...I'll read a few more posts and tips before I actually start though.

nebulius

nebulius

Couple of things you may want to consider buying

good book on growing cannabis
PH Pen
PPM Pen
nutes(simple 3 part veg,flower, and micro-nutrient.)
ph up and down chemicals
good ventilation (prevent mold)
hygrometer with temp.(for humidity)
trim scissors
oscillating fan
reverse osmosis system
measuring cup
reservoir for storing water

Top Bottom