Ozone damage or cal/mag deficiency

• Thread starter BigBud09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBud09

BigBud09

Hey y'all i still have a problem with a couple of my plants, take a look at the pics i think its ozone damage or cal/mag deficiency also the ones that have the problem are very close to my fan can this cause the problem??, i heard that generators or fans can cause damage to the plants that are closest to fans generators ??

New image13
New image12
S

SeenTheLight

I had a similar problem with my ladies when I started using filtered water. Turned out mine was a Ca deficiency. Throw some Cal/Mag in or stop do a 50/50 mix of RO and tap water.

Hope you get it sorted - doesnt look too bad....yet!

BigBud09

BigBud09

I used to use distilled water when they were younger but now i just use tap water which in my area is between 6.8.7.2 pH im new to the grow scene this is my first grow, what do you mean SeenTheLight when you say 50/50 mix of RO and tap water??

A

addicted

Doesn't appear to be cal-mag as it usually stays around the edges of the leaf.

I have never seen ozone damage.. maybe you should check up on a diagnostic

BigBud09

BigBud09

I have no bad pest/insects in my growroom I have a few ladybirds also i checked underneath the leafs, no signs of any eggs or other insects??

K

Kushtard

mine will get like that when I have filter prob and or cal mag issues. I mean my ro filters were bad and that I was adding cal mag to a soil that was heavily amended with bone and other dry ingreds so it is fine on it's own. I stopped and changed filters and no more cal mag and I am fine.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Looks like the start of calcium def. to me but that is just my opinion. What is the ph of your feed water and then what is the ph of the runoff? RB

BigBud09

BigBud09

A lot of people have asked me the same Q Rootbound the ph of the feed water is 7.0 and the run off is a measley 3.3 my soil is too acidic i think or their is alot of toxic salt build-up??

J

Jalisco Kid

I am not a dirt farmer .If I had those numbers my plants would look like a 3 day party in Hussongs. Do you realize there is a big gap between 3 and 6.5 pH? Is your pen calibrated? Do you have an ozone gen in your room? JK

K

Kushtard

uh, lol. It is ph. way to low. topdress some lime. get it at HD.

B

billybob

like KUSHTARD said add some lime 1 teaspoon per gallon of dirt you can top dress or mix with water

later billybob

BigBud09

BigBud09

Lol Yes my pen has been calibrated, i don't have a ozone gen in my room

BigBud09

BigBud09

I just bought some garden lime, its limestone i think will that work??

B

billybob

if it is for lawn and gardens yes it will work just fine start with 1 teaspoon per gal of medium i.e 1 gal pot 1 teaspoon its kinda hard to put to much flush them good and test run off i would flush get a good run off test it if not good let them sit a bit and flush again test run off and see were its at run off should be around 6.3-6.8 6.5 is ideal 3 something is off the charts low dont know hoe they are getting any nutes with that ph once you got the run off where you want it water with a mild nute mix hope this helps i am sure someone will be able to help you get it straight good luck and keep us posted

later billybob

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Yep, add some dolomite lime. I use 2 tablespoons per gallon of FFOF soil. RB

Top Bottom