Ozone Generator to sterilize room?

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I never hear of people using Ozone generators to sterilize a room in-between runs.

If what I'm reading on Ozone generators is accurate, your grow room and all equipment inside will be much more "clean" after running an ozone generator for a few hours compared to wiping everything down in bleach.

With ozone you are sure you are getting everything... everything living in the room dies. With bleach your bound to miss a spot or two.

So anyone using ozone generators between cycles?

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

An ozone gen can and will kill plants, and will leave a metallic taste in your mouth.

I run an ozone gen as well as my uvc filter box in my rooms between runs. Then I wipe down after.

mikeross

mikeross

An ozone gen can and will kill plants, and will leave a metallic taste in your mouth.

I run an ozone gen as well as my uvc filter box in my rooms between runs. Then I wipe down after.

I would never think about running the ozone when plants are in the room. I'm just thinking they are pretty cheap piece of equipment and if the truly sterilize a room in between runs its a great thing to add to the process.

So in your experience did you ever have bugs during a run, harvest, run ozone during cleanup and bugs gone on the next run?

Vulcanofilo

Vulcanofilo

Yo limpie con ozono, con amoniaco cuaternario, con glutahaldeido, con cloro,....y las fallas estaban alli

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

An ozone generator will not "sterilize" your room. I will kill some mold spores, bacteria, viruses, but only if it contacts them. Commercial ozone generators that are designed for air treatment don't put out that high of a concentration of ozone, because people are idiots and they'll run them in the room they are occupying. This is just a tool that you can use as part of a regime to clean your space. But it's not a cure all.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

I've never had bugs or any issues in my flower room. One must have strict practices in place in order to make it in this line of work!

I run an ozone gen for 2hrs in my sealed run with all fans on 100%. I also run a custom made uvc light filter box for 24-48 hrs in the room as well. Then my room gets bleach washed then isopropyl/water wiped down. Let dry 1 day, then flip.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Ozone is o3. Your breathing in o3, which is why your getting a headache.

Latest posts

Top Bottom