ozone genny's???

• Thread starter GDaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GDaze

hi all

i've been looking at these for a wee while to work along side a filter, i haven't a scooby about setting 1 up properly though and would appreciate some tips

i've read they are meant to go inside the ducting but am unsure how i'd go about this as i think they have to be plugged into a mains and i'm unsure how i could access the plug...i wouldn't really fancy having the wire coming out at the wall spigot as i think it could crush the wiring inside and possibly stop the ducting from being attached as tight as it should be

i'm considering setting 1 up inside some 8" duct but haven't got a scoob about any of the other bits

what do others do? how many people are using them? are they really all that and do they eliminate any smells that may linger?

i imagine if i could detach the plug from the socket i could make a small hole in the duct and slide the wire through then rewire the plug but this is the only option i can think of for setting 1 up

i'd really appreciate some pointers as to how to set them up and hints on brands and settigs etc

thanks in advance :yes

eyes

eyes

as far as ozone goes,it should be use in the duct or to clean up stray smells.some gens use different openings to accomodate different ducts.6 inch,8 inch 12 inch.use your carbon filter and the ozone will kick on when the fan kicks on for your filter and eliminate whats left in the duct en route to the outdoors.big blue uses uv lights and the bigger the units the more the bulbs per unit. you can use a small gen to clean up smells around doors and such if there is no negative pressure and u have leaks.

i can go on 4 ever but that'll take me all day hope that helps for now.

G

GDaze

hi m8
thanks for the reply :yes

yeah i thought of having it right at the exit..so hopefully it would eliminate any smells from lingering, i've boxed a window so it would have to sit in the duct if possible

i'd have filter-duct run-genny inside duct-exit...is that about right?

it's just the getting to the plug part that i'm confused about lol feck i'm confused about all of it but i've convinced myself i've understood a bit apart from how to power them and access the power cable :thinking

P

ProGroWannabe

You'd pretty-much have to cut a hole in the ductwork to run the cord out of.

I have a homemade setup that I run, but I wouldn't advise most people to make one at home. It's not hard, but I can tell you from experience that accidentally touching 5,000 volts is no fun. If there had been any real amperage it would have killed me. Anyhow, enough about all that stuff.

As for whether they work or not, hell yeah they do. They work so well that placed inside the grow room, they will eliminate the smell ON THE WEED ITSELF!!

BTW...if anyone wants to build one, there are plenty of plans online where you can copy what someone else has done. I just don't want anyone getting hurt or killed because of something I showed them here.

For what it's worth, I DO think the ones you can buy are not only safer, but more reliable. I may be buying one in the future instead of building another.

G

greenlife

my ozone generator is a floor one. it doesn't get connected to any ducting. So i can move it anywhere in the room. most times i set it in the dry room for the smell.
i like it very much but the carbon scrubber works a lot faster and better overall.
the ozone gets rid of immediate smells but i can't leave it on for long periods of time. And it only cleans about half the room not the whole room.

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
I have one they work very well they arent good for inside your grow they take away the smell on the herb. best if used outside to catch stray odors or inside the ducting on the way out like you have it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom