Ozone use for water sterilization

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Cool, so where does one start? The redox potential article on Wikipedia makes zero sense to me. I haven't made the connection between the ozone generator and the fancy magnetic filters or the introduction of electricity to the water.

Electro Culture information is as broad as the side of a barn too.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

I started a thread here:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/electro-culture-diy.49585/

I will attempt to illustrate the different technologies and how they can be used together to achieve the desired results. It is a lot to try and swallow at once and I would suggest to take it one step at a time. An anology I like is this: A person can drive all the way from the east coast to California at night in the dark only seeing 200ft at a time (car head lights). You will get there, a little bit at a time.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

I'm on my Vespa with an LED flashlight duct-taped to my forehead, I'm assuming the faint red glow in the distance is your tail light that will lead the way to Californey.

Thanks for taking the time to explain what you have thus far, it really is exciting. Looking forward to my first eventual experiment with the tech.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

ROFL @ RollinEndough!! You made me spit my drink all over the keyboard......

I would like to give props to Hogan400 for not only starting this thread and providing some very helpful information, but also demonstrating some amazing trouble shooting skills and determination. This guy hung tuff when most would bail....he over came one of the worst water problems I have seen to date I think! You got some serious skills bro!

If anyone has not read through his grow journal thread where he explained the issues he was having you really should, especially if your using a DWC or RDWC type system. Great thread for sure! It also demonstrated the great members here that were willing to try and help. Good stuff!

J

Juzam

So if I'm reading this correctly you've had great success, and recommend, using the Aqua 6 for ~2 minutes (60 total for 30 gallons, 1x/day?) This would also scale I'm assuming, to say 100 gallons at 200 minutes or 4 hour intervals at ~30 minute intervals per day?

UV hasn't helped us, tea has shown a definite improvement but we're still not there. H202 helped when we first used it but hasn't been as effective as tea in our applications.

What I can ABSOLUTELY tell you is that these problems are not all the same. I've worked with water culture in 2 different areas and the difference in water is staggering, one is very easy to control, the other, despite VERY extensive control and preventatives still proves to be an extraordinary problem.

Top Bottom