As Designed Pages loading slow

• Thread starter Junkbarman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TECK

this happened to me....only when logged in...pm'd a mod...pretty sure it was because I made a comment about not liking the new layout......fwiw.
This will never happen on the farm, nobody will take action against you for something like that. I assure you that the farm staff listens to everyone's concerns and they discuss it internally before they make a decision. The fact that your post is public says it all. :)

T

TECK

However, With google recent change in policy and speak of privacy intrusion, maybe google isnt the best choice.
I assure you, using Google Chrome on the farm will not have your info pulled in any way. Just for your info, combining the elliptic curves ciphers with forward secrecy technology protects your info to be intercepted or sent to any external user (i.e. Google tracking your steps). That's also the reason why many companies block internally Gmail (or other Google related sites), because they cannot see or track what you are doing if you use a browser that supports the above mentioned technology. :)

green punk

green punk

Straight up... shits slow! When logged in period. Even on my iphone. Its not spyware or adware.

green punk

green punk

I get server failure trying to log out now. Now Im here posting againWow. I really value this site and the people here and all things available. Please understand something is up! And server failure trying to post this.

T

TECK

Please understand something is up!
Rest assured the servers are running smooth, there is an announcement that explains what you need to do in order to have a smooth farm experience. Can you go to an Internet Cafe or to a friend and login with your username to see if everything is fine?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Mine has slowed to a virtual crawl as well, I loaded and ran Chrome and hell, it is significantly slower than the IE or I get error faults constatntly tellin me about some DNS problems....I am not sure if Chrome is a supposed to be better than IE but on my particular setup it its not even as graphically crisp as my IE is, at least the IE will load the pages albiet slow as hell on my setup it will at least function, I get far less in appearence and functionality when i run the chrome over the IE. Maybe have another version of chrome or something, this one looks like a high school power point presention with simple tabs and a full page favorite screen with big icons for links? am I lookin at the right one? I love change and usually embrace it but damn this looks like they dumbed it down for a room full of monkeys....on crack

I am sure it is my specific computer setup, I can pretty much fly the space shuttle with it but apperantly not up to date enough to run a basic web browser very effectively

Love the site look and features, for sure a step forward but unfortunately for my specific setup it has been a step backwards as far as functionality...my site participation has dropped off considerably as a result..sucks, but it is what it is..probably goin to have to wait till I get a newer computer setup before I can really get back into it to much, just to much of a pain in the ass to sit and wait and wait and wait only to get timed out or an error message 5 minutes into a post

T

TECK

Mine has slowed to a virtual crawl as well, I loaded and ran Chrome and hell, it is significantly slower than the IE or I get error faults constatntly tellin me about some DNS problems....I am not sure if Chrome is a supposed to be better than IE but on my particular setup it its not even as graphically crisp as my IE is.
You can use IE or any browser you want. :)
Using latest version of Chrome or Firefox will speed a lot your pages, not slow them down. Plus, it will enable the new elliptic curves ciphers (ECDHE_RSA) which are way more secure compared to RSA.

Is there a way you can test the site on another computer to see if everything is fine? Thanks for your help.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Teck - I was seeing this on chrom earlier this AM, but it seems resolved now.

outwest

T

TECK

Teck - I was seeing this on chrom earlier this AM, but it seems resolved now.
This morning I worked for few hours on the servers to run and optimize a new backup script, which could explain the connection errors and slow pages you guys experienced. I just finished now the hole shebang, so please let me know.

green punk

green punk

Rest assured the servers are running smooth, there is an announcement that explains what you need to do in order to have a smooth farm experience. Can you go to an Internet Cafe or to a friend and login with your username to see if everything is fine?

I have had my computer remotely scanned by Kaspersky Tech Support. The found nothing. I have all the latest browsers. I have 30 Mbps download speed and 5 Mpbs upstream. I was just at a net cafe. Things are very slow bros.

T

TECK

I was just at a net cafe. Things are very slow bros.
I believe you. The weird part is only few people reported the site being slow. You saw into video how fast things load for me on a 4years old computer. I wish I could figure what is wrong and get you out of the jam. Try this from your PC, open command prompt and type:
ping www.thcfarmer.com

Paste here the time results. Also, please disable Kaspersky, reboot and browse the site. Let me know if is faster without anti-virus. I used to use Kaspersky but I switched to Microsoft Secirity Essentials because is free and lighter than Kaspersky. Thanks for your help with the tests, bro.

T

TECK

As a side note, I ran some tests with a VPN ip in States and UK. Still crazy fast.
I even setup XP SP3 with Chrome 20 on a really old computer, it was fairly fast. Not as fast as the one I use now but the site was still browsable.

green punk

green punk

uhh... Whats open command prompt? If I knew what you're talking of I d definitely try it. I disable Kaspersky. No change. Also to clarify... I was using a machine at the internet cafe (theirs). And things were equally as slow. Dude, slow even on my iphone. If possible could you pm me on this. Tired of whining in public. It would be nice to post a like or send a pm with out server failure banners across my screen. Things got super slow around 5-13-12. Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom