Papa's Propagation Playland

• Thread starter Papa Indica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Couple pics of one of my G-Cheese, (G-13 Airborne x Exodus Cheese), from the lying dirtbag who likes to sell high priced seeds that don't germinate, Reeferman.
As I've stated many times, everything from this round was badly stunted, the two of these never got more than about a foot tall and one of them didn't produce for shit, which really sucks, but it does smell like I might rather enjoy what is there. I hope... we'll see.
Didn't frost the leaves up too much but, the buds themselves look pretty nice I think.
20171109 115608

Little bottom nug. Everything is nice and solid anyway.
20171109 115620
20171109 115637
20171109 115701

King Julien

King Julien

This shit has me thinking about the way I'm doing things. Not that I defoliate as a general practice anyway but, maybe I don't need to lollipop so much either?
I've finally seen all the proof I need that defoliation is not a good thing. I've long held the belief that every fan leaf is feeding the section of plant that it's growing from through photosynthesis. I've seen so many people talk about defoliation helping the plant and I think it's just the opposite actually. Some people seem to think the buds need to have light getting to them but, buds don't absorb light, leaves do.
Two of my stunted Tokyo's are showing me each side of the issue, they are both about the same size, only around a foot tall, one has been pretty well stripped of fans, only 3 or 4 remain at the top, the other one hasn't had any stripped off. Both top buds are pretty much the same size. Of course, there are still plenty of leaves on the bud sights, but the fan leaves have been removed though.
On the one that still has all the fans, the lower buds are plumping up nicely even though those buds can't see the light for shit. On the other, that's been stripped down, the lower buds are looking rather pathetic, not filling out very well at all, looking like typical garbage popcorn buds even though they're much more exposed to getting light.
I definitely like to do some lollipopping but, I've been thinking about back before I started doing that I had some Cataract Kush that would fill out like crazy on the lower stuff. I never removed a leaf that wasn't more than 50% damaged, (which came from the old grow bible), and on one plant in particular with that CK I had buds on the lowest branches, (growing out from just above the soil line), that were as big around as an American half dollar and solid.
Hmmm...??? My two cents on the issue.

I've tried massive defoliation in the past and not doing it at all and things in between.

In the end I came to the conclusion that you should only take a leaf if you have to. If the leaf isn't getting light and dies off the plant will steal nutrients from it as it dies. If it's blocking something good I just tuck it back.

About the only time I'll pluck a leaf is when the plant is overly bushy to begin with and it is both blocking quite a bit of potentially good growth AND can not be tucked out of the way. I generally reserve this for some of the largest leaves in the middle to upper canopy that have no place to be tucked back and are huge and blocking the light to many buds sites below it.

Lolly popping is a different issue. If the light can't reach the bud it won't be very dense regardless of how big it manages to get. At the same time in a perfect world you shouldn't waste veg time on plant matter you are going to have to cut off so you should be managing your veg time and your grow area in such a way that your plants just fill your canopy without any trimming. But that's a perfect world and I live in this one where I've done that maybe twice.

In the end though play with it. Find what works for ya and then improve, improve, improve.

incogneato

incogneato

I've tried massive defoliation in the past and not doing it at all and things in between.

In the end I came to the conclusion that you should only take a leaf if you have to. If the leaf isn't getting light and dies off the plant will steal nutrients from it as it dies. If it's blocking something good I just tuck it back.

About the only time I'll pluck a leaf is when the plant is overly bushy to begin with and it is both blocking quite a bit of potentially good growth AND can not be tucked out of the way. I generally reserve this for some of the largest leaves in the middle to upper canopy that have no place to be tucked back and are huge and blocking the light to many buds sites below it.

Lolly popping is a different issue. If the light can't reach the bud it won't be very dense regardless of how big it manages to get. At the same time in a perfect world you shouldn't waste veg time on plant matter you are going to have to cut off so you should be managing your veg time and your grow area in such a way that your plants just fill your canopy without any trimming. But that's a perfect world and I live in this one where I've done that maybe twice.

In the end though play with it. Find what works for ya and then improve, improve, improve.
I'm seeing that with this run. The few little tests I've done look like the plant favors less defoliation. But my veg was all fuckered up this go round . still working on a nice clean run

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Got the Mr. White, Goji OG, and Cherry Slime bumped up to #3's a couple days ago, the Critical Strawberry's were started almost a week later than the rest so, I decided to let them go a few more days before doing them.

Mr. White
MrWhite4

Goji OG
GojiOG

Cherry Slime
CherrySlime2

Critical Strawberry
CriticalStrawberry2

The flip is coming real soon.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Pissed... That Mr. White in the front in the pic just above that I was really liking the looks of...male. The Cherry Slime...male. Out of 4 Goji's, one girl. 3 Cherry Slime, NONE. 3 Mr. White, one girl. Maybe if I hadn't had a bean of each with the Cherry Slime and Mr. White not come up I would've done a little better, but still, shitty ratios and maybe I would've just been that much more fucked because I wouldn't have started the two Critical Strawberry fems.
Thinking I might go back to running fems a lot harder again and moving away from the regs a bit. Maybe if I had given the N a big boost I might've had more girls, I don't know. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Put down four fem seeds to germinate today, (two of each), in a few more days or so I'll do some more. Not entirely sure what yet though, one of the things I'm considering is some Skunky Blues regs by OldProLG or maybe Some UK Blues x Herijuana regs by Indican aka Sinister Seeds but, who knows what I might do...?
Cataract BPOG

I've got to get past this thing with wanting variety every time I run some, if I could go in big numbers it would be one thing but...sheesh. Been wanting to run some more Cataract for a bit now and looking forward to checking out some of the other too.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Well, all four germinated for me, now if they will all come up I'll be on the right track. Still trying to decide what else to start along with them, should I start up a half pack of some regs or stick with the fems this round...?
I've got a lot of stuff I really want to try, makes it tough. Seriously considering running some of those Skunky Blues from OldPro.

incogneato

incogneato

Well, all four germinated for me, now if they will all come up I'll be on the right track. Still trying to decide what else to start along with them, should I start up a half pack of some regs or stick with the fems this round...?
I've got a lot of stuff I really want to try, makes it tough. Seriously considering running some of those Skunky Blues from OldPro.
I just got some indican beans. Well sinister I guess. I almost popped a few this round too. Those UK blues x heri would be dope

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Decided to pop my last six beans of UK Blues, they're supposed to be really flavorful, which is my thing as I'm sure most of you know. The UK Blues x Herijuana should be pretty good too but, think these will be better. I'll definitely be taking cuts of these.
20171125 130509

The Critical Strawberry. Hoping I can flip these soon, don't want them to be too short, gotta see if I can find out how much they typically stretch. Gave them both another topping right after I took this pic yesterday.
CriticalStrawberry3

Mr. White. Same thing with this girl, trying to get her big enough to flip, Fudge tells me they don't stretch much.
MrWhite5

incogneato

incogneato

Decided to pop my last six beans of UK Blues, they're supposed to be really flavorful, which is my thing as I'm sure most of you know. The UK Blues x Herijuana should be pretty good too but, think these will be better. I'll definitely be taking cuts of these.
View attachment 760083

The Critical Strawberry. Hoping I can flip these soon, don't want them to be too short, gotta see if I can find out how much they typically stretch. Gave them both another topping right after I took this pic yesterday.
View attachment 760084

Mr. White. Same thing with this girl, trying to get her big enough to flip, Fudge tells me they don't stretch much.
View attachment 760088
Getting close bro

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Almost seems like a waste of time and effort to be brewing a tea for what little I have going on, almost. Regardless of how many I'm running the one's I do have will love it and they'll be that much better for it, it's just that it's so damn difficult for me to clean the stuff up afterwards. Oh well, it's brewing and they'll love me for it.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

My Goji gettin' her stretch on.
View attachment 760692
Done all the lollipopping I'm going to, although, I have considered chopping those two lower limbs but, don't think I will.
Didn't take me long to change my mind and clip those two lower limbs off. I was getting a step ahead and getting stakes in and tying off the three tops and suddenly it just seemed like the thing to do. She'll probably yield better without them. Either way, it's done and the buds on those three will be better for it.

incogneato

incogneato

Didn't take me long to change my mind and clip those two lower limbs off. I was getting a step ahead and getting stakes in and tying off the three tops and suddenly it just seemed like the thing to do. She'll probably yield better without them. Either way, it's done and the buds on those three will be better for it.
Id say good call, had a feeling they were coming off.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

All six of my UK Blues came up. The one in the left front corner was a little slow about it so, it's hard to see it there because not only is it small, the cotyledons are still stuck together because I had just pulled the shell off, which had been stuck.
UKBlues1

The two Cataract came up no problem.
Cataract

Had to start a second BPOG when one didn't come up, this one is on me for sure though but, I've got two of these girls above ground anyway. Have I mentioned I love fems, for me, it's just so much more convenient when you know each one is a female.
BPOG

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Goji after staking those three long tops and clipping the bottom two branches, really kicking myself that I didn't top this one more time. She's just started showing flowers, though they really don't show here.
GojiOG3

Mr. White, I decided to clip the bottom two branches on this one too, hoping she'll give me a better stretch this way, I'm sure she will.
MrWhite6

Top Bottom