Patient MPB Buckets

• Thread starter Ridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
We would love to add lights and do the doubble stacking, we're just limited by heat. Our AC is only rated for 15 1k's plus CO2. I have the choice of adding 2 lights to the corners or adding 3 lights and 3 more plants that will only have lights on 2 sides but maybe push our luck with a couple 600's. What do you guys think? More lights to existing trees or add more trees?

Re-read what I posted when you get a chance, the light/plant layout I suggested is with 15 - 1000w lights, I was trying to work with your current equipment. When you first read my post the diagram I put up didn't have the # for 'double-stacked' lights, was a little tired when I posted, my bad. There's only 3 light locations that are double-stacked but are in a location that 4 tree's are getting hit by each double-stack on one side.

I believe you can already increase yeild with the equipment you have (15-1000w).

Definitely put up pics when ya can, impressive system!

R

Ridge

Sorry about the lack of updates, plants are not doing so well as some have suggested might happen although for different reasons we think. Seems they were overwatered due to saturation of the bottom of the coco root ball, so we drained, now deficiencies are showing because we drained the water. We now are treating it like a flood and drain until the roots poke down. We'll post pics for some insight from everybody later.

D

doubleds

Sorry about the lack of updates, plants are not doing so well as some have suggested might happen although for different reasons we think. Seems they were overwatered due to saturation of the bottom of the coco root ball, so we drained, now deficiencies are showing because we drained the water. We now are treating it like a flood and drain until the roots poke down. We'll post pics for some insight from everybody later.

Use rockwool bro, as long as the cubes arent sitting directly in water they cannot over saturate. When i transplant i put a dripper in each cube for the first 2-3 weeks running 24/7 with no problem, actually it works way better than putting the drippers bside the cube.

hope this helps

dds

C

Coxie

Use rockwool bro, as long as the cubes arent sitting directly in water they cannot over saturate. When i transplant i put a dripper in each cube for the first 2-3 weeks running 24/7 with no problem, actually it works way better than putting the drippers bside the cube.

hope this helps

dds
Hello doubled! I hope you are havinig a fine day. Thanks for the new posts. I guess I'm a little unclear what you mean by planting a dripper right 'in each cube.' Does this imply that you plant a dripper on the top of each cube, right at the base of each stem, and then cover this with a short layer of hydroton? I just read one of your early December posts that also refered to using the drip tubes with no dripper on it at all. I have used drippers before in a soil/soiless situation, but am also a little unclear on the gph you guys are typically using. Guess I was planning on 1-2 gph and then working up from there... Thanks again and I hope all of your endeavors continue to go well!!

D

doubleds

Hello doubled! I hope you are havinig a fine day. Thanks for the new posts. I guess I'm a little unclear what you mean by planting a dripper right 'in each cube.' Does this imply that you plant a dripper on the top of each cube, right at the base of each stem, and then cover this with a short layer of hydroton? I just read one of your early December posts that also refered to using the drip tubes with no dripper on it at all. I have used drippers before in a soil/soiless situation, but am also a little unclear on the gph you guys are typically using. Guess I was planning on 1-2 gph and then working up from there... Thanks again and I hope all of your endeavors continue to go well!!

correct, i use 2 drippers (not sure gph) but i put one directly into the top of the cube (do not cover in hydroton,cant. 4 inches of cube sits above the net pot)

dds

C

Coxie

correct, i use 2 drippers (not sure gph) but i put one directly into the top of the cube (do not cover in hydroton,cant. 4 inches of cube sits above the net pot)

dds

Hello doubled! Top of the evening to you! I forgot to ask you what type of ppm meter you use for checking your solution. The different conversion factors are certainly kinda rediculous - I'm using a Sunleaves that I thought used a .7 conversion factor but I think now that its more like a .6. Maybe a good thing I've been running a little bit under. Many many thanks!

M

MedicalINFO

How do you like the intelidose? I just picked up a TPS hydro-CHEM-DS. Pretty gangster

How much was the yours if you don't mind me asking

R

Ridge

The Intellidose is awesome. WE had some minor issues in the very beginning but now we're golden. It was $2200 for a 4 solenoid system, 1 for pH down, 2 for the 2 part bloom and 1 for an additive. Love it.

R

Ridge

Scrapped the moms

So we were just having too many problems with the big ass 6 ft moms we put in the mpb system so we pulled them after messing with them for over 3 weeks.
Brand new line up of much smaller moms:
2 Godfathers
3 SFV OG BX2 from CC, very unusual pheno.
2 Chemdog #4
1 Chem Valley Kush
1 Green Crack
1 Triple Purple
WE would love to have just one or two strains in the system but we need more variety for our patients.
WE've grown all the above strains with similar nute regimens and they all seem to be able to handle the stuff we want to give them.
The last pic is the moms we pulled out, pretty tattered looking.

GEDC0681
GEDC0682
GEDC0683
GEDC0684
GEDC0685
R

Ridge

Pic number 2 above is the special SFV pheno we have, mega producer looking. We have it side by side on our ebb and flow tables with another OG, it has 3 times the number of flowers as anything else. Swerve saw it in veg and said it may be a mega producing SFV pheno some of his friends have gotten. Attached is it in week 6, sorry about my camera skills, they suck but trust me, it's a beast! We shoot for about .75 to 1 oz a plant in our system with the OG's but this SFV looks like it might be a 1.25-1.75 oz a plant/ strain.

GEDC0689
R

Ridge

Pic number 3 above is the Godfather, I really think thats going to be the BESt mpb strain, grows similar to a G-13. Very aggressive hybrid.

J

JoE_AnTiX77

nice grow ... when you gonna fill your room with more plants??

R

Ridge

We're limited on electrical unfortunately for now. We could add maytbe another 3-4 lights tops but we just want to get the system down first, then make changes. If they start taking off, we'll add 3 more buckets maybe.

C

CannaColorado

We just started that yesterday and it seems to be working. Using a 1800 GPH danner.

I just got one of these in the mail : )

sorry your moms didnt work out i was excited to see the gnarage

R

Ridge

The saga continues . . .
We had a Intellidose mishap and one of the valves from the pH down tank was cracked and dripped 5 gallons of pH down into our reservoir. FRIED everything, there was basically 800 ppms of pH down dumped into the res overnite. Will be trying round 3 early next week, F#CK!!
Good thing we have our tried and true flood and drain going separately elsewhere.
New photos to come shortly of the new round.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow I am sorry for your run of bad luck, please stick with it. Some days are better than others but atleast we get to try again. Thanks for our posts they are great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom