Patient MPB Buckets

• Thread starter Ridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dusty

I have some recommendations that I am sure will solve the problems you're having.

R

Ridge

Sorry it's been so long since we've updated. Problem is solved, it was something in the air, something is off gassing in the room. We don't know what it is but it's something. We know this because we unplugged the carbon filter fan extension cord the other day to use something else on it and we forgot to plug it back in. The very next day, the yellowing had started back up. Plugged it back in, yellowing gone. We started the co2 back up about a week ago at 800 ppm and no problems there, it was just the carbon filter being turned off.
Plants are in 650 ppm solution with A&B sense grow, cal mag and rhizotonic and kicking ass, growing inches a day it seems like. We'll post pics in a few days because we made in a few changes during our freakout period but Now we know the culprit. The changes weren't necessary but I'm liking them anyways and after reading some others experiences I'm still glad we did them.
Changes:
Changes from these glass rocks to hydroton, the glass rocks were holding more water then I would have liked.
Changes to 10" pots with the holes in the bottom because I didn't like the rocks sitting in the water.
Changed most of the transplants to 4" rock wool cubes from coco since we had to start fresh. We do all our other stuff in coco but found it wasn't to big a deal to switch to rock wool. We now pre-veg in single dwc bubbler buckets and then move the buckets over into the system.
No top feed being used although we have them in place for flushing when necessary, we keep the water line in the bubbler buckets just under the bottom of the cubes and then let the bubbling of the air stone tease the roots to come on down for a drink.
We have the full mesh pots in 3 of the 10 buckets and then the pots with just the bottom holes so we'll see which does better.
Thanks for all the interest and advice, pics to come soon.

G

GBOOST

We have the full mesh pots in 3 of the 10 buckets and then the pots with just the bottom holes so we'll see which does better.

Thanks for the update and information sharing Ridge, great to hear you problem solved and found the culprit. I will be eagerly watching your comparison of full mesh vs mesh bottom net pots, I have just purchased the full mesh for myself. Also don't be so quick to switch to rockwool, have you read Dizzles latest grow journals?? Maybe shoot him a pm, as he is getting better and faster root development in coco then transplanting to the mpb:hi

Ozzie

Top Bottom