Payne Farms 2016 Greenhouse Grow

• Thread starter papapayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

time for a thread for the greenhouse this season.

greenhouse is 800 square foot, 20x40 with 14' ceilings, home built.

Pressure treated 2x4s for the base board, squared and leveled, and 6' tposts pounded in about 3 foot in the ground. Drilled thru the tposts, and anchored base board to the tposts.

2' side walls outta painted OSB.

4' end walls outta painted OSB

8' doors on each end

6 posts concreted into the ground per end wall, each one of these posts will have a 1x4 rat run running from end to end, with bows connected to the rat runs.

I expect this to withstand heavy wind, and some light snow.

Payne farms 2016 greenhouse grow
Payne farms 2016 greenhouse grow 2
Payne farms 2016 greenhouse grow 3
Payne farms 2016 greenhouse grow 4
Payne farms 2016 greenhouse grow 5
Payne farms 2016 greenhouse grow 6

papapayne

papapayne

Plans for the season -

6 HUGE plants in the ground. And When I say huge...I mean HUGE. i already have em in 5 gallons, 2' with 6+ tops vegging under 1000 watt MH. They will veg all winter, till spring, then start transitioning them outdoors under the sunlight, till they are ready to be buried in the ground. Im hoping to have 4-5 foot tall plants in ground june 1st.

This plants will be going in high quality soil, heavily amended with worm castings outta my worm bins, and a ton of rabbit manure from my rabbits, and some chicken manure thats been composting 9 months now. I have decent soil where I built the greenhouse, going to dig 5x5 wholes, and fill in outta last years 65 and 100s smart pots that were top dressed in the winter, then covered cropped wtih crimson clover.

I am shooting for 8+ # per plants

papapayne

papapayne

The plants going out...

2 Dog Kush - last year in a 65 gallon pot this plant from clone produce 4+ #, and finished out 10' tall. Super dank fuel and chem dense rock nugs. Tested out 22-27% thc. One of my favorite smokes
2 Wet dreams - Dream lotus x Critical sensi star. Been running it for years now, produced 3 pounds outta a 65 gallon last year. Finishes early - amber october 1st. Very potent, 24-28% thc
2 - Pheno hunting to find, if nothing else catches my eye, will fill in with a purple cotton candy (Caseyband X Blacksour bubble X White rhino) and another wet dreams. I have high hopes these last 2 will be Grand master Kush. The seeds are started for that strain, but still a lot of growing to do..it came with fire bud samples, and breeders reports it producing 5-9 # every year from seeds started in march.

20160126 191932

papapayne

papapayne

I also will be doing a large spring run - putting plants out March 1st to allow them to immediately flower.

Prob 20 or so in the ground.

Proven elites that aren't quite good enough growers for full season runs here/havent ran them enough to trust them to finish/produce without molding
Cherry Pie - doesnt finish
Chernoybl "Slymer" cut
Ghost train Haze
Hells Angel OG
SRS (cherry pie x Chemdog #4)
Purple cotton candy
Daze (Durban poison x Nevilles haze)
Jillanje (Jilly bean x Purple haze)
Grape APe
Nibiru

And a grip of my testers - Grand master Kush, SRS71 x Orange OG, Blackbery jabbas x fireball, BBKJS x Niribu

papapayne

papapayne

Got 3 of the ladies destined for full season transplanted into 10s. I left them in the 5 gallon smart pot, and buried it all into the 10 gallon smart pot, which will later be buried directly into the ground. Lets the roots go crazy, without any transplant shock from trying to transplant outta smart pots.

Took a smoke break and got sidetracked, so need to do 1 more.

Also have 20 more seeds soaking of wet dreams x blueberry lotus. Gonna expand and do a bigger pheno hunt again on them. I am loving what I am seeing thus far.

papapayne

papapayne

In the 10 gallons= locked in!
back row Left to right

Caseyband x Black sour bubble x white rhino - Wet dreams - Dog Kush

Second row - Wet dreams, Dog kush, Wet dreams in 5 gallon in case nothing else impresses me (highly unlikely with as many seeds)

Front Plant - Wet dreams

papapayne

papapayne

Filled the truck bed up with some plants to get some sunshine, and not get eaten by my chickens. was a gorgeous day, and the ladies loved the time outdoors. They didn't miss a beat, and followed the sun the whole afternoon. Seems being under the 1k already had them pretty used to high intensity light, as they didn't wilt at all as i usually see just taking indoor plants out into direct sunlight.

Here's a few pics!

Oh yea, it seems I mislabeled a clone, thought it was dog but its clearly not. i suspect its a super purple of the same flowering plant that was mislabeled as a dog. Means I will need to rethink full season line up.

Right now I'm thinking...(but alas, as most of you who have followed me a while know, I change my mind a lot about counts and line up.)

1 Dog
2 wet dreams
1 DAZE
1 Grandmaster or 1 orange OG x SRS
1 purple cotton candy
and 2 more - maybe a sour cherry, or a wet dreams x BL, or maybe a jilanje, or gogi or ???? who the fuck knows lmao. I know I wont know till I bury them in the soil for sure.

Enough yacking!

http://i464.invalid.com/albums/rr4/soldiers_co_op/20160208_150243_zpsjj8cwr4v.jpghttp://i464.invalid.com/albums/rr4/soldiers_co_op/20160208_150250_zpsyj1nx0nh.jpg

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Looking good. Wishing I could get a head start like you are. We got 40" of snow last week and my yard was already knee deep in snow. Things have warmed up significantly but I still won't see grass until April.

Thanks for detailing your efforts again this season.

outwest

papapayne

papapayne

You're a genius.

Ty, but its nothing new really. growing cannabis is not that different from most farming practices. Pigs are just about the best rototillers money can buy, tried and true practice for ages. My general process will be: I let them tear it up for a month, (you will be amazed watching the pics at how quick they tear the shit up.) then I add 10-15 bales of straw, and let the pigs finish out a week or two with the straw. Then I will pull em out, and dump all last years soil from the smart pots - 8 100 gallons and 8 65 gallons. These were topdressed after the season with 4 inches of rabbit manure, and planted with crimson clover. I then will dump a years worth of rabbit manure from my little rabbity. I have 4 does, and 2 bucks, and cycle babies. I prob have 15 years of composted rabbit manure and bedding to dunp in, then I will rototill it in lightly. Cover crop with clover, fava beans, and asain marigolds. hopefully will have cover crops going by april, and then burying 10 gallon smart pots with 5'x5' plants directly into the ground by June 1st. I will be moving them indoors, and outdoors daily, to get them as much sunlight as possible. Then when undoors, they are under 1k metal halides. Hopefully I will end up using all 14' of headroom in the GH>

papapayne

papapayne

Looking good. Wishing I could get a head start like you are. We got 40" of snow last week and my yard was already knee deep in snow. Things have warmed up significantly but I still won't see grass until April.

Thanks for detailing your efforts again this season.

outwest

Thanks! Even a later start works. I didnt move into this house till june last year, and didnt have plants in the greenhouse till late june, still got 4# plants :) Spring will be here soon enough!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ty, but its nothing new really. growing cannabis is not that different from most farming practices. Pigs are just about the best rototillers money can buy, tried and true practice for ages. My general process will be: I let them tear it up for a month, (you will be amazed watching the pics at how quick they tear the shit up.) then I add 10-15 bales of straw, and let the pigs finish out a week or two with the straw. Then I will pull em out, and dump all last years soil from the smart pots - 8 100 gallons and 8 65 gallons. These were topdressed after the season with 4 inches of rabbit manure, and planted with crimson clover. I then will dump a years worth of rabbit manure from my little rabbity. I have 4 does, and 2 bucks, and cycle babies. I prob have 15 years of composted rabbit manure and bedding to dunp in, then I will rototill it in lightly. Cover crop with clover, fava beans, and asain marigolds. hopefully will have cover crops going by april, and then burying 10 gallon smart pots with 5'x5' plants directly into the ground by June 1st. I will be moving them indoors, and outdoors daily, to get them as much sunlight as possible. Then when undoors, they are under 1k metal halides. Hopefully I will end up using all 14' of headroom in the GH>

Oh, I understand how they are lol. Grew up on a dairy with around 150 head of cattle and a handful of other animals at any given time. Didn't grow anything though so we never used the animals for that purpose. Great concept though, probably could've grown crops using this system looking back now lol. I'm assuming their manure and urine has less ammonia and nitrogen content than cows and horses as well. Got some super soil right on the ground out there, and not in a bad amount of time either. You've really gone all out since you set up shop where you are now, bet you and your patients both are appreciating all this hard work.

papapayne

papapayne

Oh, I understand how they are lol. Grew up on a dairy with around 150 head of cattle and a handful of other animals at any given time. Didn't grow anything though so we never used the animals for that purpose. Great concept though, probably could've grown crops using this system looking back now lol. I'm assuming their manure and urine has less ammonia and nitrogen content than cows and horses as well. Got some super soil right on the ground out there, and not in a bad amount of time either. You've really gone all out since you set up shop where you are now, bet you and your patients both are appreciating all this hard work.

Yea, this house was the whole package, and being able to go all out is definitely the reason for the move here. The landlord is a great gal, her father was career military and she has much love for veterans. when she pulled my background, she was all aboard. I should have the barn here next week, and moving the flower outta her house altogether is going to definitely be a huge help to.

papapayne

papapayne

Well, the plants haven't been able to see sunshine for 2 days, as its been raining. so just had them under 1000 watt mh indoors. The veg side of things is really on time, so its going to be a hard decision as to which 2 other strains I throw in the greenhouse full season.

IDK about you guys, but I am itching for spring to get here already!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom