• Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

full season plants under the 1k vegging

20160216 144514

papapayne

papapayne

well, big exciting day here on payne farms.

Got my new barn delivered today

well, big exciting day here on payne farms.

Got my new barn delivered today

on the truck -

20160217 080328

did exactly what I wanted it to do with the placement. What greenhouse!?!

20160217 0827321

20160217 081857

papapayne

papapayne

Spring has sprung, female pig is in heat, and in the greenhouse geting....well...whats the way to say this....stuck like a pig ;)

She is pretty tempermental for a pig when shes in heat. she chases me around, begging for scratches, and shoves her ass against me, headbutts for the crotch, etc. Shes a 400# handful 3 days a month...like a lot of woman lmao.

Anyway, been busy as fuck, but made more greenhouse progress.

I installed the bows, anchored them into the posts, and the sidewalls, and got the lower rat run that catches the top of the tposts installed. Got a second rat run built, and set up, just need to get up on the ladder (under my wives supervision of course) and install it.

20160222 120354
20160222 120428
20160223 152940

papapayne

papapayne

got my amendments ordered from down to earth...one of my patients works their and is supplying a brotherly hookup.

alfalfa meal 25#
azomite 6#
bat guano 20#
crab meal 20#
bone meal 25 #
feather meal 5#
humic acid 50#
neem seed meal 40#
mycos 10#
oyster shell 25#
root zone bennies and myco 10#

Went with their application rates for new gardens based on my square footage. Should hopefully provide a broad level of nutrients, and hoping to make this run a water only + compost tea season.

My 65 gallon smart pots are full of clover to now, now thats its spring time, they are taking the hell off. They will get dumped into the greenhouse at some point to get rototilled in as well

All in all - the season is coming together

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I would switch out that azomite for half Glacier rock dust, and half Cascade minerals (basalt from down to earth) Azomite has some flaws, Glacier rock comes with high sodium/sulfer levels and cascade is perfect but lacks a couple key elements. Been doing my rock dust studies.

Not sure what your buddy does there, but I have been working on setting up a commercial account with Down to Earth. Getting my worm biz started.

Pigs remind me of my bulldog. Glad I found this thread, tagged.

Good luck this year.

papapayne

papapayne

I would switch out that azomite for half Glacier rock dust, and half Cascade minerals (basalt from down to earth) Azomite has some flaws, Glacier rock comes with high sodium/sulfer levels and cascade is perfect but lacks a couple key elements. Been doing my rock dust studies.

Not sure what your buddy does there, but I have been working on setting up a commercial account with Down to Earth. Getting my worm biz started.

Pigs remind me of my bulldog. Glad I found this thread, tagged.

Good luck this year.

Thanks man, Ill do that!

And he drives truck for them, they are expanding routes to cali. Works crazy hours for them, and gets an every increasing discount based on incurred hours. pretty sweet gig he has!

Thanks for tagging in, I loved your grow last year, and clearly you have put in work, always glad to have pros on board!

papapayne

papapayne

Been taking the plants outside during the nice sunlight hours, they are loving life. Got a lot more stuff needed for the season purchased. Got 200 gallon smart pots on the way, as well as picked up my material for the cages. Got a 8' x 330' roll of 11 guage game/orchard fence...holy fuck that shit aint cheap!! 399 for a roll, couldn't find it anywhere else, so just bought it. Been looking all winter for cut offs, half rolls, etc, but no luck. So, gave up looking. As soon the pots arrive, going to move the pigs outta the greenhouse, and get my pots filled, cages made, and such.

Also, slotting another plant into the for sure slot - from seed- sour cherry by hemlock.

here she is, uppotted to a 10 gallon with a big handful of worms and casting from my worm bin, and some mycos/bennie bacteria
20160224 222843

She is one of the stankiest bitches in veg I have had in a long while. Simply reeks of cherry cheese. I threw a tester clone off her (whose from seed) to see what shes all about in flower.

And, picked up a new piece. Breaking it in, looking out my back window just day dreaming about what the season may bring.
20160227 171259

And, heres a class shot of some ladies for the greenhouse
20160225 135207

papapayne

papapayne

@Bulldog11 what kinda plastic is on your greenhouse? It looks like yours is pretty stealthy?

papapayne

papapayne

I got one of the upper rat runs fully up, so now the bows are connected as one unit, and connected to each end wall which is concreted in the ground. Got to do one more upper most rat runs, which are the "fun" ones to do on the ladder. Then 2 mid height rat runs, which shouldn't be bad at all, working at 1/2 the ladders height is a lot easier then all the way up on top! Got rained out though, and fore casted for another week of rain :(

3 rat runs, doors, and then plastic!

papapayne

papapayne

Also, am going to be de-slotting some plants....the purple cotton candy (Caseyband x white rhino x black sour bubble) decided to start flowering under 18/6 light, so shes going to go out as soon as weather allows for spring. Means I will have more full season slots to fill.

All 3 of the big moms started flowering, at about the same size, so seems its one of those things where she vegs till she decides not to based on size. So, going to have to make sure to pull clones off small plants, and see if the next batch does as well. Got one of her in flower to makes beans as well.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@Bulldog11 what kinda plastic is on your greenhouse? It looks like yours is pretty stealthy?

Most places have this plastic, so shop local if you can find it. Otherwise, farmtek has a couple options. All these options are rated for 4 years, but sales guy says they should last about 8.

1st option: This is what I went with, cheap and easy.
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...ftSearchDefaultPerPage=10&mfPartNumber=108657

2nd option: Thicker, a little more durable. Slightly less light transfer, but shouldn't matter.
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...tSearchDefaultPerPage=10&mfPartNumber=107425C

3rd option: Most durable, but only comes in clear. The other styles is says it comes in, (silver/white, and white) are not for growing.
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...tSearchDefaultPerPage=10&mfPartNumber=104687C

I don't see why you wouldn't just go with the first option. Unless your trying to heat the greenhouse, then you might want a thicker plastic for insulation.

papapayne

papapayne

nope, not going to be heating or anything I just drove down the street and realized the upper 5 feet of the greenhouse is visible now from my neighbors house, and a good section of the road. So, hoping to find a film that will do the best to block view of the plants.

option 1 that you used - can you see the plants from the outside looking in?

papapayne

papapayne

and just wanted to say thank you again, thanks for the quick replies! You rock brother! Would love to smoke a bowl with ya!

papapayne

papapayne

@Bulldog11 or @Blaze or @MendoGiantZ

When using logan labs, would you recommend doing the $25 basic test or is worth it to spring for the 55 paste test?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Anytime I can help brother.

nope, not going to be heating or anything I just drove down the street and realized the upper 5 feet of the greenhouse is visible now from my neighbors house, and a good section of the road. So, hoping to find a film that will do the best to block view of the plants.

option 1 that you used - can you see the plants from the outside looking in?

Yea, option number one is what I use and no, you can't see anything inside. You can't count plants either.

Just starting out, I would get the regular soil tests. Make sure you read how to take samples on their site.

papapayne

papapayne

I got the pigs outta the greenhouse now, they did a marvelous job eating all the weeds, blackberries, grass, and such, but now time to get them elsewhere, and get to doing all the chores needed for the season. The 200 gallon pots should be here any day. Going to go through with a metal rake and re- level the ground out in the greenhouse, then put down weed cloth, then space out the pallets, and get my pots filled. I got the logan labs paperwork filled out, going to hopefully get the mailed out tomorrow to get a soil sample analysis.

the clover in the 8 65s are finally taking the fuck off. the week of sunshine really boosted them. All the daffodils are up and blooming, as are the clematis. Spring is right around the corner!!! God damn I feel behind!!

Going to get my order at farmtek placed next week, and hopefully tomorrow will stop raining, so I can get some more rat runs up, and maybe the doors to.

I also ordered a 100' coleman string of lights to hang in the greenhouse and move the plants out when I can, and run the lights on a timer to keep em in veg. Anyway, everything is coming together slowly but surely.

Top Bottom