Payne Farms 2016 Greenhouse Grow

• Thread starter papapayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

Hows your og nepali x goji f3 (i call em nepoji for short) comin along?im curious to see wat u think of em.
iv seen u run goji aint i?or atleast u hav ran goji?

I have some in early flower now that I didnt save cuts off due to lower vigor and weaker then their sisters. The ones that I have my eye on are still in veg, going to flower them after a longer veg.

papapayne

papapayne

Been following along, things are looking great. I can't wait to start doing things outside again, have to find the right spot first. I like your use of the rabbit dung as well, nothing like organically-derived triacontanol.

Just a heads up on the LVPK, I ran a couple cuts of it indoors last fall, in the midst of a nasty broad mite outbreak, and it was one of the strains that had less of a resistance than the others (cinex was the worst). No way of knowing if we had identical genetics, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to chime in, just something to keep an eye on.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the heads up! Other then that, how was the smoke in your opinion?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I have some in early flower now that I didnt save cuts off due to lower vigor and weaker then their sisters. The ones that I have my eye on are still in veg, going to flower them after a longer veg.
Thats one thing i noticed about the nepoji phenoes compared to goji-goji had more quality phenos were theyr almost all of a high standard while the nepoji had some poor phenoes bit its hard to say for sure with one pack.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Other then that, how was the smoke in your opinion?

Honestly, I can't give it a fair review , the broads severely impacted trich production. That said she looked like she had real potential!

papapayne

papapayne

Thats one thing i noticed about the nepoji phenoes compared to goji-goji had more quality phenos were theyr almost all of a high standard while the nepoji had some poor phenoes bit its hard to say for sure with one pack.

Oh yea, I forgot to answer. I ran a f2 of gogi og, which was bred by flamingpie off RIU. it was dank, berry flavored OG style nugs of excellent resin production and trichome coverage.

papapayne

papapayne

Honestly, I can't give it a fair review , the broads severely impacted trich production. That said she looked like she had real potential!

When you had Brood mites, what were the symptoms you noticed? I saw curly leaves and was freaking myself out and sprayed some serious shit, but I think it was my paranoia getting the better of me. Were you able to beat them? If so what did you use?

The worst borg I have had was Root aphids.....fuck them is all I can say. Took total factory reset, stopped growing for 3 weeks to beat. I am OCD and paranoid since Root aphids. Now when someone says spider mites, Im like Fuck man give me spider mites every month over Root aphids.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Oh for sure, I'd take spider mites over ra or broads any day.

Broads start by looking like a late-stage N toxicity but with yellowing at the base of new growth. If this is happening the only way to confirm is with a 60x-120x scope. They congregate at new growth so look where the new leaf meets the main stem, in the crevice there. That's where they like to lay eggs, which look like mini footballs with raised bumps on them. The crawlers will either be walking around solo or carrying a female with them.

The males are straight pederasts and hang out by the eggs waiting for them to hatch so they can grab the females and carry them to the top of the plant where they knock em up and the eggs get laid. They'll even burrow into the stalk to avoid getting killed rendering the lighter pesticides with mechanical modes of action largely ineffective. It's because of this I had to resort to shutting down shop and using a transliminar miticide. I can go into detail about this but I'd prefer to do it over dm. For the record I tried basically everything including predator mites before I resorted to this.

RA are nearly as bad but a bit easier to treat, albeit with imidacloprid (only in veg, of course).

Since my battles with these two beasts last year I've found the key to be in prevention: cleanliness, no clones from outside sources, and weekly applications of endomopathenogenic fungus, which I just figured out how to multiply fairly easily.

Edit: I posted up a few pics of broad mite damage last fall, just do a search for posts by me with "broad mites" or "broads" in them.

Last edited:
papapayne

papapayne

Oh ok, Yea it seems my paranoia was the better of me! And definitely - cuts from outside sources, and uncooked compost from outside sources is a no no imo. When I get cuts, which is rare, and only now when they are coming from (not dispensaries / CL / weed maps etc) only trusted growers, and even then I typically get teens, and cut a clone off it, and dip that entire clipping in my 3 part mix - Neem / Spinosad / pytherin and root that clipping.

I tried imidichlroid with weekly doses for a full month , vs RA - didnt work. IMO once you have flyers, its to late. They fly into the corners of the room, into the carpet, into bathrooms, etc and hide / lay eggs. Born pregnant, asexual, and only make fliers once fully established in the medium. I had to burn all my soil / plant matter / pots stop growing for a month. I bug bombed every week for a month, and each time after I would still see new live ones hatch out and flying around.

I hadn't heard of RA, so took me a while to notice them...once I did it was the single most disgusting thing I have seen growing.

papapayne

papapayne

20160507 105632

papapayne

papapayne

So, got my plants all chosen now, IDK if I had posted it or not. Kept changing my mind, but this is it! My wife kept saying to me, slot

In main full season greenhouse

3 Wet dreams (from clone)
2 Grand master kush from seed
1 purple kush
1 purple trainwreck
1 prime moonshine

Outside the greenhouse - in ground

4 bangi haze females

papapayne

papapayne

Whew, busy as day here on the farm. Spent a few hours behind the tiller, getting the west garden space totally tilled nice. Got it so fluffly, and light. Tilled in some neem seed meal, humic acid, Azomite trace minerals, crab meal, kelp meal. And then planted the first 3 female bangi haze females into the ground, with some mycos, and beneficial microbes. then mulched very thick with some straw.

Got my strawberry crowns planted, got my potatoes planted, got my onions planted, then weeded the corner of the garden that already has potatoes plants in it, then mulched that area as well. Got tomato cages are 2 of the 3 bangi hazes, ran out so will need to get another one. I pounded in 2 small tposts per 8' bison cage, will be getting 10' rigid EMT to pound it to get the cages really strong. Will need to cut some hand access holes, but pretty happy to have stuff in the ground.

Tillin work!
20160509 160133

the 3 bangi hazes, in the ground, mulched and caged

20160509 171052
20160509 171059

20160509 171106

I had 8 females left, out of 32 seeds had 18 males, the rest females. I already narrowed down last week the runts, and picked these round to go based on stem side, stem smells, branching, vigor, and general health. I didnt water them today knowing I was planning on planting so little on the droopy side.

Class shot!
20160509 1710411

I didnt get pictures, but I pounded 2 post per cage.

papapayne

papapayne

So, decided to change and adapt the game plan. I was going to run the 100% sativa stuff as the next indoor run, but I just cant bear to put them indoors, when they really will shine outdoors. So, decided to run them as a light dep crop. Going to build prob 7x50 greenhouse, just a cheapo one, and light dep it. Will prob be able to fit maybe a row of 18, will have to top the fuck outta them obviously, so they dont get to tall. Thinking maybe 10 gallon pots with the bottoms the cut out so they can go into the native soil. Still kinda debating plans, but figuring they will get maybe another month of veg, then start pulling tarps july, and hopefully by august I could let nature take over.

Strains will be from ACE seeds.

Guatemala landrace sativa
Malawi African sativa
Panama Red - breeders pack, pink pistil / red pheno lines.

Heres the malawi and the panamas

IMG 20160510 194712
IMG 20160510 194738

Blaze

Blaze

Nice, I haven't ever seen anyone run pure sativas like that in a light dep. Don't let get too big, they will probably stretch like crazy!

papapayne

papapayne

I haven't either! My ac is vastly underrated, it works great in winter, but now that temps are high, when lights are off, my temps with ac running full bore are 90+, so indoor needs to be shut down for a cycle in the summer. And the landlord needs to check the arsenic filter next month, so it seemed all the signs pointed to this. My wife is on board, so said fuck it!

Got the first 15 transplanted up to 3 gallons. Trying baby blus soil for these, while I wait for my homemade soil to cook I have heard rave reviews about it. Gonna see what the fuss is. Gonna double down, and do 2 light dep greenhouse, and maybe 30 light dep plants total, the additional greenhouse will be more traditional strains, and one will be the pure sativas.

Definitely biting off a lot more then I expected this season, but goddamn, Im tired of renting and am gonna work hard to make the down payment.

Sativa greenhouse: 6 each depending on males/ females- panama red, Malawi, 2 Guatemala, 2 bangi haze, jillanje, bred by mohican. TGA jillybean x Mulanje african sativa. I have this in flower indoors now, she is EXOTIC smells, and dank.

Tradition strains - Will likely pack the fuck outta this one, as these plants are much smaller seedlings, and wont stretch as much.

Blackberry jabbas x Prime moonshine - Dlopez1420 bred this one, with seeds of the black berry kush x jabbas I passed along to him from @scrapmapple / 2 dog seeds genetics. The prime moonshine is from bigworm genetics, I have an epic female of pms, and he used the same pink pistil phenotype of the BBKJS that I found in my pack and loved. High hopes for pink pistil offsrping!

Wet dreams clones (2-3)
Slymer Golden ticket from clone
Honeybee
Critical skunk - Mr.nice seeds
Wet dreams x Sour cherry - bred by me - 10 seedlings all females will flower out
Wet dreams x Blueberry lotus - bred by me - 4 females.
Purple trainwreck clone only
las vegas Purple Kush
Gorilla Spirit by bigworm

can you say BUSY!

papapayne

papapayne

So, been studying the calender, looking at plants, and debating plans, and I think I have something formed in my mind, now its just time to make it a reality.

Plan is - get the 2nd greenhouse built asap - 7x60 with hopefully 7 or 8 feet of headroom.

sativa strains were just bumped into 3s, will give them 2 more weeks in the 3s, then up pot in final homes - 20s is the plan, maybe 30s.

Aim to start light dep / tarp pulling june 7th. Planning on 14 weeks max flower time, should be plenty even for the malawi, they are the longest flowering ones at 10-13 weeks depending on pheno. Figure 14 to be safe. This puts me end of august harvest.

Also leaves me an empty greenhouse...I simply cannot have that!

So, thinking pulling a large batch of clones, probably only 2 strains, Wet dreams and something else I imagine mid june. rooting, then harden them off and get them outdoors by july 7th. That will give them roughly 4-5 weeks of veg, before they trigger to flower on there own. As soon as the light dep crop finishes, which should be before the rains come, I can move these clones into the greenhouse to finish flowering, protected from any rain.

Gives me 3 outdoor crops, and a whole lot of work to do.

Will be taking one cycle of the indoor. Will hurt to see all my equipment not being used, by temps are to much to handle with my current ac system.

Questions comments suggestions?

papapayne

papapayne

Prime moonshine
IMG 20160513 145125

Wet dreams

IMG 20160513 144950

Las Vegas purple kush on left purple trainwreck in right. These will go in 100s.

IMG 20160513 144902

Grand master kush #2

IMG 20160513 144741

Wet dreams second one

IMG 20160513 144621

Wet dreams x blueberry snow lotus may do her In the big greenhouse idk yet.

IMG 20160513 144558

Grand master kush #1

IMG 20160513 144516

papapayne

papapayne

Got the 4th female bangi haze picked and transplanted. She is just as stanky as her sisters, has good structure. Definitely needed outta the 1 gallon pot.

Got her planted on this rainy day with mycos and microbes, and some compost, will need to get more straw for mulching. Then assemble the cage around her.

IMG 20160515 162248

Top Bottom