Payne Farms / Soldiers Co Op 2016

• Thread starter papapayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

The best songs are the realest ones. Ones where you can feel the emotion, relate, and have it bring a flood of memories/emotions. Don't find that so much in all the new crap they call music on the radio.

papapayne

papapayne

Snow White - Shes very offensive both smell and taste. Hits your right in the face with a overpowering reek of orange peels and wet paint. To be honest...I rarely say this in a strain...but it has TO much smell and taste lol. It is very stony as well, but I didn't keep the clone.

PART 1451204727087 1227150025a

papapayne

papapayne

I got the trellis frame built mostly. I still need to ad a few more braces and such, but the main part is built Ended up with 3 sections, each 6x9 that will have 2 - 1000 watt HPS per section for a grand total of 6000 watts, plus Co2. Should make for a banging cycle.

I killed out everything that was wanting to keep the pm - including some very awesome strains that in another climate, would be epic Im sure.

But, due to my pm issues, I only kept clean strains.

Killed out: 2 phenos of Ace of spades x Dr. who, 2 phenos of Plush x who, and one snow white, 1 super purple, 2 kharma og x swamp wreck, 1 pheno of jake dreams.

Was hard to do it, as they were huge beautiful plants, but extreme methods are only course it seems. Even after the sulfur burn, those plants all re-bloomed. so, onward we go.

This will leave huge, beautiful plants to scrog out, and transplant into 10 gallon pots, and then flip.

papapayne

papapayne

Yea with the sulfur burner going 2x and a green cure, about half the strains got rid the pm, and the rest simply had to be culled. We haven't had a day without rain since mid October, and Im also right next to the river, so just nature being nature! Anywho, the strains left standing seem to be clean of the PM, and I am hopeful with 1 one more sulfur burn, I can go back to simply preventive steps.

I got one of the first nets up, and got 6 Dog Kush plants under it, all spread out and enjoying some bondage. Only snapped 2 stems, and I am pretty sure I fixed em up well enough with some gorilla tape. Tomorrow I hope to get the Gorilla Glue sections net up, and get them spread out for their bondage.

Got all 6k lights now hung roughly where I need them to be for this cycle.

And whew, what a day. Been going at it hard all day, but time to relax, smoke a bowl and eat! Heres 2 more pics of the dog screen. I am planning on laying out another net above it, once its flip time!

papapayne

papapayne

had to chop down some really nice looking plants, that was hard for sure. But, seems the only way I will beat the pm is to only grow strains that don't seem to get it, even with back to back sulfur burn and green cure, massive amounts of fans, keeping humidity perfect, temps perfect, the climate outside the grow room is the breeding ground of pm, so limits my stable for sure. Still plenty of fire strains left!

Sorry guys if my posts are kinda confusing...Im posting on several different forums, so most of this was copy paste to save typing lol

Dabominable

Dabominable

I was wondering about some seeds i recently popped that simply did not get touched by PM. Is itpossible in any strain or have you had more luck with specific genetics? I've got a purple kush and a flowerbomb og that never get rot or PM. The flower bomb is on the super indica pheno side, which was kind of the opposite of why i got it, but 0 pm. What strains have you had/have that do not get PM if you don't mind me asking? Everything things killer, but i can relate on the pulling PM'd ones, its downright heartbreaking :/

papapayne

papapayne

I was wondering about some seeds i recently popped that simply did not get touched by PM. Is itpossible in any strain or have you had more luck with specific genetics? I've got a purple kush and a flowerbomb og that never get rot or PM. The flower bomb is on the super indica pheno side, which was kind of the opposite of why i got it, but 0 pm. What strains have you had/have that do not get PM if you don't mind me asking? Everything things killer, but i can relate on the pulling PM'd ones, its downright heartbreaking :/

Yes, resistance to mildews and resistance to mold is both genetic. They are carried on separate Alleles though. As in - the same phenotype can have total mildew resistance, while being quite suspect-able to molds. And any combination you can think of. What I have seen at least in my battles against PM and from much research with my botany teacher, and online, most strains have borderline resistance. They don't usually get it unless conditions are right, however, once exposed, they eventually show signs. The powder you see on the plant is the "fruit" of the mildew, the roots of the mildew or virus live inside the plant. As in - you grow a mother plant, it has pm one time, you treat it, goes away for a bit. However, from then on the pm still resides inside the plant. cuttings from that plant will also have it. when conditions present themselves (usually wild changes in humidity) the pm can bloom, and re-fruit. Now, in most climates this is acceptable as preventive measures can be taken and should be taken to keep clean.

In my 8 years of growing, I never really saw pm till I moved to Oregon. The climate here just breeds it like crazy. As far as strains that have high resistance, the closer you are to a landrace strain, chances are better it will have higher resistance. Nature kills off the plants that get infected, plants that are damaged don't produce many seeds if any, so thru evolution. That being said, I have only found a few strains that have shown total immunity, and 2 of them were bred by same guy, which leads me to believe he has very excellent standards for breeding, and a keen eye for it. Hes also been breeding 20+ years though.

Available for purchase: Sour cherry bred by hemlock - Breeders boutique showed very high resistance

A few that aren't available -

Wet dreams - breed by my marine buddy hemlock - Delicious Critical sensi star x Bohdi Dream Lotus
"Purple Caseyband" also bred by Hemlock - Caseyband x Black sour bubble x White rhino.

I have seen good resistance from these clone onlys:

Cherry pie
Gorilla Glue
Grape Ape

papapayne

papapayne

their dog kush is one of my permanent keepers...had her in circulation since 2010. She shows high levels of resistance, and is easy to keep clean. Even just biweekly neem keeps her clean . shes a potent kush - 22-27% THC depending on cycle conditions.

papapayne

papapayne

I would say the biggest thing is to do large seed plantings - I like to start 20+ seeds at once, and when really looking for breeding stock, 50+ Everything that gets pm - cull. Everything that's slower growing, growing odd, wonky - cull. Only keep the ones that are growing like mad, only keep ones that have amazing stem rubs. With quality genetics, and a large enough seed selection, will end up with the keepers your looking for.

Dabominable

Dabominable

Yeah, i think it's time i do this. Won't even buy less then a 10 pack and just do 20-50 at a time like you said

Top Bottom