People are bastards

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Ello folks

Many of you are aware that I had to tear down my garden a few months ago due to receiving an anonymous threat in the post.

I had backed up my crucially important parental breeding stock with 3 people who I was stupid enough to trust.

Long story short, one guy went against his word and flowered them out and let the sole male die, another has thrown them away because he says he needed the space and the third claims they got a mite infestation and had to be killed.

So I've lost all of my breeding parents apart from El Yucateca and my Purple Afghan male and I'm not fucking happy. 7 females and 2 males selected from landrace stock over nearly 4 years have gone, and they can't be replaced, I'm fucking furious.

So that's it, I'm giving up and I'll never trust anyone with the safekeeping of a plant ever again. The hard work and selection those plants represented has been destroyed by dishonest pricks and I've had enough.

There won't be anymore seeds from me for a long time, so if you wanted some, grab one of the few packs logic will be listing.

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
Sorry to hear that BH. I think we have all been burned at one time or another... It's really shitty, but with time we somehow seem to get things back together! Hang in there.

B

Blaner123Doobie

Sorry to hear that BH

What really sucks is not only the loss of your hard work, but finding out that the people you thought were friends and could be trusted, were not friends after all.

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

everything happens for a reason, now pick yourself up and get back to breeding, sprout your own crosses and find even better males from your f1 stock.

take care and look forward

U

ukcheesehead

Sorry to hear that BH

What really sucks is not only the loss of your hard work, but finding out that the people you thought were friends and could be trusted, were not friends after all.

so true ... sorry to here your bad luck.. happened to me 3 yrs ago not with genitics but with dryed n cured bud (super skunk) left 4 oz at a so called friends for safe keeping have him a q for looking after it for me didnt want to keep it at home just in case, after 4 weeks i said i needed a oz as i had ran out of meds .he then turned around and said sorry he had sold it all and went to give me £400 ffs whats £400 when you have no meds. plus he must of skimmed the money becuase £100 a oz is a joke . keep you head up BH . your true friends are here on the farm ....

steveedg

steveedg

sorry to here it bh like they say "it happens to us all at one time or another" .......doesn't mean we have to like it though when it does happen but think of it as a new challenge. all the best

Blazed_Out

Blazed_Out

Damn! That's a big loss BH.
I would never let the guys I know hold anything for my backups because of the different ethics and principles they have... they definitely do not love the herb as much as myself, I would let them flower stuff out, but not for maintaining anything in veg.
Some ppl just don't care about the time and effort being put into selecting plants.
If your friends aren't enthusiastic and on the same page as you, don't deal with them.
Now I got to make my mind up of what seeds to get of yours.

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
That sucks been there done that never trust someone with your livelyhood.the only person that truly cares about your shit is you. youll pull through this BH you didnt lose it all so it could be worse. They can never take the know how from you your just gonna have to hunt some new stuff down it will happen.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Fucking sucks bro. I read the story when it happened, which was pretty freaky. Did anyone ever step up and say they dropped the note? People do suck and it's tough enough trusting people when you're growing. Get a pack or two back from logic and go looking for the parents from the f2's maybe.

Personally, I start pursing the LED light game. Have you sold any lights before? They're on eBay. Pick up, dust off, start over.

S

spinkus

Just like anything in life BH the downfalls make you smarter, stronger and wiser. I've found that even life-long friends are hard to trust with something so serious, or valuble. My two brothers and a cousin that was raised as a brother have been the only ones that HAVE taken a wrap or charge and never said anything to anyone. I've found what Angus said above as true, The people you can truely trust are counted on one hand in a lifetime, as long as your missing two or three fingers.

S

Steele Savage

Yeep , most folks are talkers , but when it comes down to tha line , they ain't got tha balls to back shit up . Hence tha reason GrindHouse is as exclusive as we are . I work with one other partner RottenDawg , as he has proven himself time and time again with me .

British , I'll tell yas what , once in a great while you WILL come across folks that hold similar goals and such ; living up to all their talk . Not many folks like that . Shoots , I can't even trust my own brother ....

Fuck 'em all ... let 'em die ... that's my slogan , fuck 'em all .
Steele

B

British_Hempire

Never found out where that threat came from, I think my psychopathic Irish mate putting the word around that if I got anymore bother there would be trouble scared whoever it was into keeping very quiet.

I've got everything backed up in seed form, but all the parentals had been thoroughly stress tested and it's not just a case of growing some seeds and finding some nice looking plants, I need to stress test them in all kinds of ways to determine if they have any undesirable traits such as intersex and to cross them out and grow out the offspring to determine their breeding qualities, I already had done all this work with the lost parents and it will take years to repeat this work. Some of the parents like my very special Jamaican and my S. African male are irreplaceable so are gone for good.

The problem with LED lights is the great cost involved, unless you can order a tray of 1000 direct from the manufacturer, they are expensive, currently, LEDs solutions are best built DIY imho.

That's very good advice Steele, I've never had any interest in working with anyone else, I work alone and like it that way, I only placed my parentals in the hands of others because of dire necessity at the time, I was prepared to lose some, but to lose them all has pissed me off to a degree that I have rarely experienced before.

G

GDS StonerBoy

I believe after a while a man should be able to look at another man and know if he's solid or not. After different experiences i've had in life i know who i can and cannot trust.

I have seperated myself from the so called friends i had and still deal with those that are real. Real recognize real and honestly i can see straight through those that lack heart.

I'm still fairly young but i've been around the block. I can tell you BH that you'll grow stronger from this incident and i honestly believe it was a good thing that you experienced this. Now it'll be harder for you to make another mistake like this and it will be harder for the next to gain your trust and thats the way it should be!

M

Marco Renda

Dam sorry to hear about your loss of your fine genetics. It sure sucks putting in all that time in keeping those genetics alive.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

D

Dagga

sorry to hear m8....this has happened a couple times to myself(not the threat part)...kinda sucks but you shall prevail in the end.
one,
D

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

sorry to hear m8....this has happened a couple times to myself(not the threat part)...kinda sucks but you shall prevail in the end.
one,
D

ja brew thats a kak jol when that happens, you have gotta moer the lighties if they sclae things from ya..
lol just talking kak china, howzit with u?
take care boet
kak weather hey?

D

DR. nick

wow BH Im really sorry to hear that. I had been on planning to follow your work based on this latest release. I think that what you were doing with landraces and whatnot was really cool.

I am however wondering what the purple afghan smells tastes and smokes like. how is the high. hopefully your just taking a break and you can always work the lines you have created yes?

bummer

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

Sorry to hear about the upset BH.
Those people fucked up more shit then they know.
I can't even imagine losing 4 years of irreplaceable work, it would drive me crazy.
But for everything negative there is something positive equally or greater.
So smoke some brain numbing bong loads relax about the situation and decide where you would like to go from there.
I hope that you don't let this effect your love for growing and breeding cannabis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom