People who have erradicated the dreaded spider mite for good please help.

• Thread starter Texian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfarmer

Hi All ! can anybody tell me where in Canada I can buy Forbid ? I know I can get Forbid from ebay but the Pay thing looks like a pain in the a$$ just to buy 1 item.

T

Texian

Update

So I decided after a month since my first Azamax treatment to go the xX Kid Twist Xx route and dispose of all the plants; but one,..Chemdog '91. I made this painstaking decision for a few different reasons. First and foremost, I didn't want to risk bringing the infestation into the flowering room. Second, because I wanted to kill off the mites before flowering, the plants grew much taller and bushier then expected. If I missed even just a few mites, they could go undetected for weeks, hence, another infestation, but in a different room. Also, because of them growing larger, I had developed some type of mildew or fungus, or both. I would cut the infected leaves off daily, but it seemed to continue. Third, since I was growing MK-Ultra, I could always obtain seeds again, therefore concentrating on saving the Chem, an elite clone in my mind. Lastly, since I just harvested, this is a great time to clean and sterilize boths rooms before starting a new grow.
I have been cleaning flood tables, tools, and buckets with H2O2 and white vinegar. Sprayed on one after another to have the chemical reaction occur at the surface where the mites may still be. I also sprayed them down with any Azamax solution left over.
Now just to clarify, I had not seen any live mites since the first Azamax treatment. I did however see eggs for a couple of weeks after that. I am planning on floramiting the Chem in a couple of days.
budfarmer: I would reccommend getting the triple pack on ebay. Floramite, forbid, and avid for about 37 plus shipping. Look at the link on the second page of this post to find another similar listing. Think the guys store is called thehydrosource on ebay. Also, it wouldn't hurt to pick up Azamax, it seemed to work fine for me. Good luck.

On a side note, I am looking into buying a mid grade steam cleaner to steam clean the tents. I hear steaming is a highly effective method in erradicating mites. Probably will steam all the cracks and walls as well. Definately the carpet.

T

Texian

So now I may or may not have a new problem on my hands. In the past 2 weeks I have applied Floramite to the lone survivor, Chemdog '91, twice; once a full dunk, and the other a complete spray down. A few days have gone by since the spray down and I now have light colored spots on a few of the fan leaves at the top of the plant. Sort of resembles spider mite damge but it also could be from the Floramite solution. The reason I believe it could be the Floramite is because I sprayed the plant outdoors in the sun before placing it in the dark tent for its night cycle. Maybe to make matters worse, I sealed up the tent, including the vents, so it is possible the heat from the T5 could have maybe burned it before drying? Humidity would have been high. Any guesses? I have looked under a 30x microsope and did not see eggs or mites. I am puzzled.

Chemdog91problems 002
Chemdog91problems 007
Chemdog91problems 009
B

Buddy Hemphill

I swear to you...

get a no pest strip and hang it from a plant with the bugs.

Come back ina couple of hours with a 30x...they are all dead.

The eggs will hatch within 3-7 days. If the Dichlorvos is there when they hatch....dead baby bugs. They never even make it to breed

I just overloaded...put 12 of them in a 20x20. And when I SAW how it was fucking them up I hung 6 in the veg room and 6 in the mom room.

3 weeks and 2 days and I can't find a borg. And I am looking hard.

One cool thing is that if you need to work in the room...you just pick them up, put 'em in a wal mart sack and stick them outside until you are done.

If you try it,.. turn off all the fans you can at lights out so the poison can settle down. its heavier than air.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I think the leaf damage is what the spider bites look like as they heal.

I had some of that also. That is what I attributed it to. I could be wrong though.

B

bluejay

100% way..1/2 Iso alc 1/2 water..Sprayed from under neath(NO EXPOSED BULBS,AIR HOODS W/GLASS ONLY)..Every day for 10 days straight.NO SLACKING..

It will choke you out of the room.Work fast and thorough.The house will reek for a small time..

Costs..about $10 for the alc and 20 for a good pump sprayer that the tip angles up..

fractal

fractal

it is easier to knock them off the plant than to kill them.

Spray vigorously with cold water from a garden hose, using a pressure spray nozzle. Blast those plants from the underside real well after first using your fingers to smash the mites and wipe them off the undersides of leaves. This will physically remove them from the plant.

With fans and lights off, hang up 2-6 "Hot Shotz!" bug strips which are available at all grocery, drug, and hardware stores just about. Leave them in the room for a day, and repeat 3 days later, then again in 6 days. A fourth time might be required.

Basically you are doing this:

Physical removal of the mites from the plants,

Followed by pesticide that is non-toxic to plants and humans to kill the remaining mites, and then the follow-ups with the Hot Shotz strips kills them as they hatch.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I left mine up for 7 striaght days.

I figured like this...

if they hatch and make it 3 days there is a possibility that those new hatchlings can lay eggs within those 3 days.

If the hatchlings die immediately it would seem I am breaking up the life cycle also.

I think keeping the room full of the shit and, as fractal said, turn off your fans at night. I left them up for (12) for 7 days and I am running an OG thats a finicky little bitch. It didn't mind the NPS at all....even with lights on.

It prevents them from getting mature enough to lay eggs. Which is what I think is the problem with the "left,right,left,right...skip a few days between sprays with different combos"...types of efforts.

Like I said...spend 8 bucks on one. Get a 30x microscope and watch those fuckers die.

I actually caught one on a leaf in the middle of the death quivers....lol....I called my wife and we both sat there laughing and high-fiving yelling "fuck you you little shits, die....bwaahahaahaa"....lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I swear to you...

get a no pest strip and hang it from a plant with the bugs.

Come back ina couple of hours with a 30x...they are all dead.

The eggs will hatch within 3-7 days. If the Dichlorvos is there when they hatch....dead baby bugs. They never even make it to breed

I just overloaded...put 12 of them in a 20x20. And when I SAW how it was fucking them up I hung 6 in the veg room and 6 in the mom room.

3 weeks and 2 days and I can't find a borg. And I am looking hard.

One cool thing is that if you need to work in the room...you just pick them up, put 'em in a wal mart sack and stick them outside until you are done.

If you try it,.. turn off all the fans you can at lights out so the poison can settle down. its heavier than air.
There are mites that are resistant to NPS.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I'd like to see them resist 12 of them in a closed room...lol...

I prolly overdid it. But if they are the 2 spot browns that I had it will kill them.

Still...most folks have a 30x loupe or handhelp. 8 bucks and a couple of hours for it to hang in the pot is cheap and nontoxic to humans..unless you have your head over the pot the whole time.

If it doesn't work...oh well. If it does....:banana1sv6:

I was about to kill everything because they were almost dead already from the azamax.

Oh yeah...dichlorvos is water soluble. It will rinse off with water.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

The real solution to this problem is to just keep the mites in your bud, then later you can impress your friends when your J makes cool little popping sounds!! sahahaha ..... or i guess you could just kill them all. =P

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
NPS are toxic to pets humans, Buddy. Dichlorvos is not a chemical to be fucked around with, that's why the manufacturer instructions are so clear about things like not to remain in an enclosed space where they're being used, don't let pets or children in those areas, etc.

They're cheap, they're easily available and I've used them, but there are caveats that aren't being pointed out which I feel are necessary.

B

Buddy Hemphill

NPS are toxic to pets humans, Buddy. Dichlorvos is not a chemical to be fucked around with, that's why the manufacturer instructions are so clear about things like not to remain in an enclosed space where they're being used, don't let pets or children in those areas, etc.

They're cheap, they're easily available and I've used them, but there are caveats that aren't being pointed out which I feel are necessary.

Oh no doubt...read the label! It damn sure doesn't say hang 12..lol...

I duct taped the door behind myself to keep the stuff out of the rest of the house. Its sealed up real well anyways.

But compared to floramite?.....or some of the other strong chems pestys out there. It seems less toxic and easier to avoid getting on me. And ,residually, on everything in the room a spray/mist lands on.. and dries.

I hosed the shit out of everything after 7 days. Have 2 of them up for preventative and still no sign of the bastards.

Let me say this. If you do this, take all precautions to not be around the fumes.

It aint no joke if it kills the borg. Period.

J

Jacktheripper

That's right, I am now an unfortunate member of the 'I got spider mites' club. Without a doubt, I am 100% sure they hitched a ride on a six pack of what was supposed to be chem dog clones. Since I have always grown from seed, or my own clones, and have taken proper care of my grow areas, I did not have any major pest, thus did not know what to look for, or that I should quarrantine 'outside' plants; now I do.
The infected clones had been in the veg garden/room for about a month before I noticed the infestation. They were given to me unrooted in rockwool, so were not much more then 6 inches or so. After noticing discolored leaf spotting, I looked underneath the leaves and seen them moving around along with alot of white things, eggs.? I immediately took the infected clones out of the garden, permanately! However problem now is, what to do with other healthy teens. I soil drenched and foiler sprayed with Azamax a couple of days ago. I will repeat process a couple more times over the course of a couple of weeks. But is that enough to erradicate them forever? I don't think they reached the flowering room, but as a precaution I plan to bomb, sterilize, and leave flowering room empty for a couple of weeks. With all the once 'you get spider mites you can't get rid of them, only hope to control them' post/threads, is there any hope of a spider mite free grow again? I don't want 'outside' clones anymore. Anyhow, sorry for the long post, wanted to be thorough, thanks to all who reply with advice and or comments.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I haven’t read every post.
I would avoid spraying anything that I am going to smoke đź’¨

Just grab some predator mites
and wash the plants after harvest

Latest posts

Top Bottom