$ per kwh, what are you paying

• Thread starter boxmunch9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greyskull

Greyskull

I have 6 lights and the most I Payed last month was .44 a kwh from PG&E..and people wonder why medicine is so expensive

I love showing the "bud should be free" people my electric bill. :fixed:

Outdoor is one thing, indoor is a whole different animal

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

my 4 lights plus a livid in house only puts me at 185-215....goddamn i love the desert.... .5kwh here..:)...peace az

H

hemdigler

right from electric company website about prices to go up

• Although this charge has increased each of the past four years, the charge this year nearly doubled going from $.0122 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) in 2008 to $.0235 per kWh in 2009.

H

hemdigler

Residential members pay 8.65 cents per kWh in June, July and August compared to 7.25 per kWh the remainder of the year.

T

TheNman

.056 to 500kw or something, then .065.
And i'm by the falls in ontario.... it should almost be free!

I

ivsanger

Last month for Electric and gas was $150 with CARE discount. The bill is charged in multiple tiers, depending on how much of the baseline you use. I used a lil over 1500 KW in the billing cycle. That was with 2 600 watt digital ballast and a 10,000 BTU portable A/C and 2 6" elicent inline fans, plus all the house stuff.

S

Spacecadet01

how do i calculate the cost for a 15k system @ 5 cents per kilowatt hr?

G

greenplanetguru

Um....

how do i calculate the cost for a 15k system @ 5 cents per kilowatt hr?

I'm REALLY baked but I think I can do this... If you run 15KW per hour (15KWH) for 12 hours per day that's a total of 180KWH each day. Multiply 180 x 30 days in an average month and you get 5400KWH. Multiply 5400KWH x a nickel = $2700 per month for 12/12 and I think $4050 for 18/6.

Does that sound right everyone? :whew

my bill would drop from $1,800 a month down to $313 if i live by you.

how the hell are all these people worried about electric bills when they only paying a $300 dollar bill for a 10,000w grow. I wish I didnt post this thread because I wish i never knew how ripped off i was getting

Your rates are crazy out there boxmuch. I think most people aren't as concerned about how much their power costs as they are about raising a red flag with the amount of KWH used in comparison with past bills. I have a small closet setup and use around 2KWH for 12/12 and a lot less during my veg hours and my bill is around 30% more than it used to be each month. My grow adds about $90 to the bill at the 9 cents per KWH around here. I doubt if it's noticeable but it still makes me a bit paranoid...

Peace!:scared0016:

S

Spacecadet01

I'm REALLY baked but I think I can do this... If you run 15KW per hour (15KWH) for 12 hours per day that's a total of 180KWH each day. Multiply 180 x 30 days in an average month and you get 5400KWH. Multiply 5400KWH x a nickel = $2700 per month for 12/12 and I think $4050 for 18/6.

Does that sound right everyone? :whew

Your rates are crazy out there boxmuch. I think most people aren't as concerned about how much their power costs as they are about raising a red flag with the amount of KWH used in comparison with past bills. I have a small closet setup and use around 2KWH for 12/12 and a lot less during my veg hours and my bill is around 30% more than it used to be each month. My grow adds about $90 to the bill at the 9 cents per KWH around here. I doubt if it's noticeable but it still makes me a bit paranoid...

Peace!:scared0016:

thanks for the answer...but if you take 5400kwh x .05 it comes out to $270 not $2700..and $405 dollar instead of $4050. I was having a hard time figuring out how to figure to KW's..

G

greenplanetguru

Oh! Move the decimal point!

thanks for the answer...but if you take 5400kwh x .05 it comes out to $270 not $2700..and $405 dollar instead of $4050. I was having a hard time figuring out how to figure to KW's..

Yeah it's easier than it sounds as far as KWH goes... it's simply how many 1000 watts are used in a given hour.

I thought that my total sounded pretty high but no half as high as I was! lol... Those damn decimal points and the lack of synapses firing can really be a bitch sometimes...

:icon_dizzy:Peace!:icon_dizzy:

S

Spacecadet01

Yeah it's easier than it sounds as far as KWH goes... it's simply how many 1000 watts are used in a given hour.

I thought that my total sounded pretty high but no half as high as I was! lol... Those damn decimal points and the lack of synapses firing can really be a bitch sometimes...

:icon_dizzy:Peace!:icon_dizzy:

All good bro..thanks for giving me the KWH rate. I was like damn $4050...gonna be kinda hard to explain that bill! BTW I wanna know what strain you were smokn

:passingjoint:

A

antimatter

I have a portable nuclear fusion reactor buried and it produces power for me, but if I wanna go on grid its usually 7 cents. The one thing you guys who pay an arm and a leg have to realize is that your actually buying power from up in BC we got you guys by the balls in alot of ways :devil

H

hbstoner

I pay basically .31 cents kwh right now because im in the 5'th tier or whatever stupid so cal edison calls it. I dont think its even possible to be in the 1st or 2nd tier's unless you are amish and turn all of your breakers off and live in the dark. Thanks sce!

S

spl

.12 kwh and most of that is charges and taxes. Xcel Energy wants a new rate hike and for use to pay for mgmt Broncos games as well.
Residential General $30.47
GRSA $7.74
Air Quality IMP $.079
Trans Cost ADJ $.05
Electric Commodity ADJ $24.22
Demand Side Mgmt Cost $3.02
Purchase Cap Cost $10.26
Renew Energy std ADJ $1.53
Franchise Fee $2.34
Sales Tax $3.02

M

mountaindank

After all taxes and everything, I pay 9.33c per KWh, plus $8 a month for a "Customer Charge." Running a 250W growcab and with three people living in our house, we used 679KWh this month and got charged $71.35.

S

scrapiron

Energy Charges:
First 650 kWh ........................................................... $0.0745 Per kWh
All Over 650 kWh ..................................................... $0.0600 Per kWh

South Carolina

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, I think mine is well expensive.

Mine is 8.4 pence per KWH. That is about 14 cents? I think.

And I am on the cheapest tarrif available in my area.....

L

Lost

I have a portable nuclear fusion reactor buried and it produces power for me, but if I wanna go on grid its usually 7 cents. The one thing you guys who pay an arm and a leg have to realize is that your actually buying power from up in BC we got you guys by the balls in alot of ways :devil

Im sure that partially true, but im also pretty sure the nuclear power plant I surf in front of is making my power :)

M

mrdizzle

how does one hook down the portable nuclear fusion reactor

I pay like .40 cents, but this is a weird little thing that happend.

My bill last month was $2300, i get a thing in the mail from pge saying natural gas prices are down and were passing on the savings. then before i go to pay my bill i check exactly what i owe on the web and my bill says $1602?

anyone else have that little stim pak happen for them

Top Bottom