Perpetual Flower Cons

• Thread starter tripleb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tripleb

im doing a decent room ,smaller indicas,and a bluberryheadband,(hav to tie bb down to keep canopy even)i noticed a tiny bit of pm on some of the shortys,their in week 6 ,...well i do e20 in veg prior to switch,i hav serenade but hate smell.......anyway back to question any cons with "rolling harvest/perpetual flower? thx first post longtime surfer,learned tons .please check me if i mess up proto. or get too long winded.lol

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Perpetual flower is bad, if you want truly clean cannabis every run. At some point you're going to have to treat the room for something, this will ruin anything already flowering in there. Better setup is to have two flowering rooms and stagger harvests.

When things go wrong in my flower room, the only option for staying clean is to destroy everything or let it finish flowering. I do not compromise.

T

tripleb

Perpetual flower is bad, if you want truly clean cannabis every run. At some point you're going to have to treat the room for something, this will ruin anything already flowering in there. Better setup is to have two flowering rooms and stagger harvests.

When things go wrong in my flower room, the only option for staying clean is to destroy everything or let it finish flowering. I do not compromise.
good point,thx, i hav pulled one out from time to time and finished outdoors or in another area/tent,i think i got here by havin to rush meds for me and my crew.(not veg long enough)I will add aditional flower tent and keep strains seprate (no more uneven canopy) problem delt with ,,,! thx much

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

My pleasure. And yeah, it's much easier and more productive to stick with one strain per tent/run. ;) Good you see that yourself. :)

T

tripleb

Are you running a dehuy, tripleb?
i hav huey and dehueys,but never hav too may spikes either way,(basement splitlevel)running around 40% this time of yr. thx b yippie!!!!Flynn resigned god sav usa!!

visajoe1

visajoe1

My pleasure. And yeah, it's much easier and more productive to stick with one strain per tent/run. ;) Good you see that yourself. :)

Doug, what do you think about my plan? I'm definitely aware of the potential issues with perpetual, and I'm paranoid about cleanliness from learning the hard way. I'm vegging and flowering in separate rooms with e20 doses in veg. I just harvested the flower tent today and before I rotate the new ladies in I will clean the tent/equipment with bleach and H2O2.

Am I giving myself a chance at success?

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

The main reason I don't run perpetual is because I believe in clean cannabis. I don't use anything in the flower room except nutes for the plants. No sprays, pesticides, organicides, fungicides... nothing. E20, you mean Eagle 20? I won't touch the stuff, even in veg. I use safer's 3-in-1 and iso/water for pest control in veg, I throw away mums which are infected with pm or other fungal issues. Start clean, finish clean.

Bleach and h202 should be plenty harsh enough to remove any traces of most nasties. I've found hepa filters on the intakes to be extremely helpful. Helpful for more than just scrubbing spores out of the air, also for keeping dust and other common contaminates off your flowers. (That burnt ashtray smell, from most cannabis, is not from cannabis, it's from contaminates in-on cannabis.)

As long as you're flowering plants at different stages, in the same room, expect problems to arise where the only correct decision is to wipe everything and start over.

T

tripleb

The main reason I don't run perpetual is because I believe in clean cannabis. I don't use anything in the flower room except nutes for the plants. No sprays, pesticides, organicides, fungicides... nothing. E20, you mean Eagle 20? I won't touch the stuff, even in veg. I use safer's 3-in-1 and iso/water for pest control in veg, I throw away mums which are infected with pm or other fungal issues. Start clean, finish clean.

Bleach and h202 should be plenty harsh enough to remove any traces of most nasties. I've found hepa filters on the intakes to be extremely helpful. Helpful for more than just scrubbing spores out of the air, also for keeping dust and other common contaminates off your flowers. (That burnt ashtray smell, from most cannabis, is not from cannabis, it's from contaminates in-on cannabis.)

As long as you're flowering plants at different stages, in the same room, expect problems to arise where the only correct decision is to wipe everything and start over.

Ooook.kinda like a summary of my learning also....i use proprr tools in grow as i did for 35yrs as a master mason...levels of defense used knowing results of them IFMisused....e2o.isnt the brand but same ..i eraticated pm 2ys ago but just saw tiny amounts on paki 100%indica..after week 6..so ive added. 2 tents one has infected ones to finish alone (need oil anyway)and treated clones. In other ..and my healthy bb headband in main bloom to veg 3 more weeks then after im sure theyre ok.flip ....ya never kno a growers intelect till ya kno it ..huh..glad u shared yers for others as well

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

My pleasure. :) Love helping folks grow with higher quality and fewer issues, it's good for everyone. :)

T

tripleb

Valid points all ..but ive ran perp 4yrs always clean and same 2 strains from seed for 3.only used e20 for one infection @3doses...and avid once a yr ago .im retired so i clean prettymuch 9daily...never gets a chance to hav anything take hold .so point bein u surly CAN run a clean perp

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Valid points all ..but ive ran perp 4yrs always clean and same 2 strains from seed for 3.only used e20 for one infection @3doses...and avid once a yr ago .im retired so i clean prettymuch 9daily...never gets a chance to hav anything take hold .so point bein u surly CAN run a clean perp
yes, it's a lot of work though and your experience is not typical. I'm all about conservation of motion, especially when my time is taken up with the rest of life. I actually spend ridiculously little time in my rooms. ;)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yes, it's a lot of work though and your experience is not typical. I'm all about conservation of motion, especially when my time is taken up with the rest of life. I actually spend ridiculously little time in my rooms. ;)
I find it to be pretty simple because I know I'm lazy and yet I've been maybe lucky too eh???

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I find it to be pretty simple because I know I'm lazy and yet I've been maybe lucky too eh???
I'd definitely say you're lucky. I've been watching perpetuals go bad, through other growers posting, for 15 years now. Never a good scene. :(

visajoe1

visajoe1

Appreciate the input Doug, thanks. Yes, eagle 20. I lost my last run to pm and refused to let it happen again, certainly would prefer not to have to use it. I also keep a "germ guardian" in my flower tent, it has hepa, charcoal, and UV-C light filters. Outside the tent is another hepa.

I should've clarified though, my setup is tiny, two plants in flower tent, rotating a new one in every 4-6 weeks as one is harvested. cleaning process. repeat. auto fem seeds. temps/humidity all controlled.

If I keep them clean and safe before they make into the tent, I think I'm able to minimize any risks as best I can?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

We all have what works for us under the regulation we have to abide by...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have been running a perpetual with about a plant a week harvest to stay in regulations for over 3 years now.

Every plant is at a different week. And most are different strains or crosses. Cut one down and plant a seed or take a cutting. It is important to keep clean and not introduce pests but with diligence it can be done.

Ed Rosenthals Growers Handbook has a great outline on how to set this up for different garden sizes. I started there.

And the reward of constant variety is a real bonus. But mixing different strength nutes and all different watering needs for the flowering plants gets old sometimes but allows me to really care for each plant individually.

IMG 4623

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have been running a perpetual with about a plant a week harvest to stay in regulations for over 3 years now.

Every plant is at a different week. And most are different strains or crosses. Cut one down and plant a seed or take a cutting. It is important to keep clean and not introduce pests but with diligence it can be done.

Ed Rosenthals Growers Handbook has a great outline on how to set this up for different garden sizes. I started there.

And the reward of constant variety is a real bonus. But mixing different strength nutes and all different watering needs for the flowering plants gets old sometimes but allows me to really care for each plant individually.

View attachment 669946
3 yrs and your still had watering? I didn't male it 3 weeks...

Latest posts

Top Bottom