Perpetual Grow in Alaska V3

• Thread starter kenaibuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kenaibuds

kenaibuds

Day 51 for the STD’s (1,4,8).

The stretchy purple plant (#4) has nice bulbous buds. They remind me of some classic kush shaped buds with the rounded tops. This plant very closely resembles a sister to the original mother with an 8 week cycle instead of a 10 week cycle. That sister is STa. Great smoke. This plant is all sweet with a grape/citrus/twang.

The other two have spear-shaped buds and very closely resemble their mom.

I’m getting some mango/blueberry/savory/floral essence off #1 and it’s unlike anything I’ve smelled in these genetics so far.

I’m getting citrus/pine/tang with an heavy spice backer off of the #8. Exact replica of mom.

IMG 7765
kenaibuds

kenaibuds

I used to keep dirt in this tote but I used it all up. I got a better tote and turned this into a huge bed for growing. 25 gallons. I have amended the soil in there with some stuff from Kis Organics. It was all used twice but I added all my waste from my garden in between batches.

I just threw a few STD saplings in there to try it out. Never done anything like this but I wanted to do this for a long time.

IMG 7714
IMG 7771
IMG 7772
IMG 7773
IMG 7774
kenaibuds

kenaibuds

Std (1&4) clones and Blue dream seedlings getting transplanted tonight with scrap dirt, worm castings, and a top dress layer of “sea coast compost”. I’ll water some myco stuff in next week

IMG 7789
IMG 7790
IMG 7791
kenaibuds

kenaibuds

I bred this in 2019. There are three phenos present. I call it “Kenai Blues”. I was stuck in a rut, depressed, and I spent two winters in the house because of short hours at work. So I decided to put all my energy into blending some cuts that were getting taken over by pests. (I moved them outdoors for the summer and brought in a whooole big ass mess. That was the end of the perpetual grow v2.)

The genetics in Kenai Blues are:

(King Jack x bagseed “Polly”)
X
(King Jack x Granddaddy Purple)

When I grew these out I had a lot of reddish pink in my plants. Which is funny. People think of the name as something that nods to the color of the plant. That’s not the case. I had the “blues”.

IMG 7807
IMG 7809
IMG 7808
Bilber

Bilber

Sounds like a great cross...! I've always loved my GDP autos I run.....fu@#in autos.....gotta love um.....do I though?

kenaibuds

kenaibuds

Sounds like a great cross...! I've always loved my GDP autos I run.....fu@#in autos.....gotta love um.....do I though?
Oh man, GDP is the perfect smoke for me. I had a great run with her for a couple years. An auto version of GDP would be fun to try as well. Where did you get the beans?

Bilber

Bilber

A good friend has a connection with south of the border friend.....he gets bulk at great prices, and he'll ask if I'm looking.....he'll save seeds for me.....it's always bagseed from him, but, some of these strains are awesome.....I grow some out to see if they're autos or regs....I should say feminized because I've grown a few plants and I haven't had a straight male from any of them yet.....

kenaibuds

kenaibuds

A good friend has a connection with south of the border friend.....he gets bulk at great prices, and he'll ask if I'm looking.....he'll save seeds for me.....it's always bagseed from him, but, some of these strains are awesome.....I grow some out to see if they're autos or regs....I should say feminized because I've grown a few plants and I haven't had a straight male from any of them yet.....
If you have any interest in acquiring some of these beans, let me know! I’m going to be running some GDP for open pollination soon too, if that’s up your alley.

I’ve gotten some awesome stuff out of bagseed. Some of the best! My favorite plant (now gone) came from a single random seed out of a friend’s crop.

kenaibuds

kenaibuds

I found one of my STD f2’s with some intersex issues. Not bad out of the 31 that I’ve run so far. I was pushing them a little more than normal, too.

I’ll keep her around for now. But I’m not going to pluck the balls like I would on something special. We’ll see if that raises any issues. Maybe it’ll be sterile pollen.

IMG 0057
kenaibuds

kenaibuds

Although I think it should be noted that I did do a very aggressive supercropping since the plant was stretching insanely fast. Then I kept my wind speed on high to stiffen the branches up.

kenaibuds

kenaibuds

Blue dream (bx). Maybe a week after transplant from 1 gal pot to 5 gal pot w/pro-mix HP.

Bilber

Bilber

If you're talking GDP, I would definitely grow it.....kinda funny how certain strains are for different people.....my bagseed t19 is so much more than a seedbanks Northern Lights #10....they both are citrusy....taste, smell....but the high wasn't there in the Northern......

kenaibuds

kenaibuds

If you're talking GDP, I would definitely grow it.....kinda funny how certain strains are for different people.....my bagseed t19 is so much more than a seedbanks Northern Lights #10....they both are citrusy....taste, smell....but the high wasn't there in the Northern......
I'll definitely keep you in mind when I'm running my GDP's, and reach out to ya when they get made. I miss my old GDP momma, it's time to find a new one.

Top Bottom