Perpetual Growers Please Help

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I was aware of the spectrum change, but didn't know it hurts the bulbs. I buy ushio which are made for digital ballast so I thought it was okay. on the contrary I also thought super lumens hurt them lol I have done both ways and I just stick with 1k now

Overdrive them as they get older, helps get the most out of them.

Chart:
Note this is an efficiency chart, and that lumen efficiency actually improves with overdriving the bulb
You can also see how badly underdriving the bulb hurts lumens per watt efficiency.
Downloadfile 2 1

Ever after

Ever after

grow hella fucking clones and i mean have like 10% or half your effort needs to be on making sure you can make clones you need to be so on that and make them like every couple weeks and always make sure you never get bugs n take a shower before you ever get near your grow room and im talking the fucking clothing you wore before going in the shower im talking STAY CLEAN AND YOU NEVER GET MITES UNLESS YOU BRING THEM IN SOME HOW IT MAINLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT BUY YOUR GROW MEDIUM IN A MONTH IN ADVANCE SO THE BUGS IN THE MEDIUM DIE AND YOU CAN THEN PUT IT IN YOUR GROW ROOM OR GARDEN SPACE BUT KEEP ALL GROW MEDIUM STERILE IF YOU CAN AND I WOULD GO WITH COCO IF YOU DO PERPETUAL DOING HYDROTON IS ok THE BUD IS CRAPPIER THAN THE COCO STUFF YOU GET THE STICKY ICKY WITH COCO LIKE YOU DO WITH DIRT SO YOU BASICLY GET ALL THE PRIMO ASPECTS OF DIRT AND ALL THE BEST DAMN ASPECTS OF GROWING HYDRO BUT WITH COCO FOR SOME REASON ITS THE BEST OF ALL WORLD SEVEN AEROPONIC THAT STUFF IS STUPID THE BUD IS SOO DENSE ITS NOT THAT RESNY AND ITS NOT STICKY AT ALL BUT IT DOES GROW FAST BUT SAME WITH HYDRO YOU GET THE SAME DENSE BUDS JUST NOT THE CRAZY STICKY ICKY AS MUCH BUT IF YOU JUST WANT YIELD GO WITH AERO BUT DOING PERETUL AEROPONICS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO GROW FOR LIKE 6 or more years in my opinion or you can just jump in from there but if you have no experiance growing aero or how PPM or PH works you should go soil best quality comes from a 400w or a 600w hps lamp or a 400w cmh but finding the right hood is really important using 1000w lamps are a bad idea unless you live somewhere where you can suck in indipentant air just for your light hoods so you cool them and temps outside cant go above like 45 and use 600 w HPS lamps and mh lamps for veg or 400w cmh lamps for veg and flower but use alot when you get up to the 1000w lamps they create alot of heat and also can burn the plants and also they even when used correctly produce a product thats not as resiny or potent as a plant grown with a 600w HPS lamp the resin heads get way bigger using a 600w hps but using 2 400w hps lamps will out do a 1000w hps bulb and you save about 200w's and you have way less heat and also the plants love the out put from a 400 or a 600 so you can put an air cooled 400w 7 inches from the bulb itself so like 4 inches from the glass if its cooled

G8tfulgrdens

G8tfulgrdens

Don't get me wrong, I've tried hard to consider all aspects of growing but I am only allowed 15 plants and my wife 15 plants as allowed by RCW69.51A. If I didn't have to worry about plant limit I wouldn't have grass in my lawn. Haha. I know it would be nice to crop out with nothin but main cola nugs!! =)

Not sure how much longer this will be the case but 45 flowering/veg plants are allowed under RCW69.51A. Caregive for two patients and yourself under the current law. Hope that helps ya a bit and happy farming.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Some of my buddies run a veg space 1/4 of the size of flower and in the veg room they are flipped for 2 weeks the. Moved into the flower room for the remaining 6-7 weeks. Making 7 Harvey's a year. They typically just have a small space for cloning and rely off of thinning out the plants in veg for cuttings.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Some of my buddies run a veg space 1/4 of the size of flower and in the veg room they are flipped for 2 weeks the. Moved into the flower room for the remaining 6-7 weeks. Making 7 Harvey's a year. They typically just have a small space for cloning and rely off of thinning out the plants in veg for cuttings.
That is official, I've never thought of utilizing my Veg space like this... THANK YOU MWD!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

The veg and 2 week flip room is 4kw and they are transferred into a 9-12kw room.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Are these guys noticing less yield do to starting their flowering cycle with only 4k?
In the 4k room plants are vegged in 1 gal from clone the. Put into 3 gals and flipped Shortly after. Day 14 taken and put into other room and stay on that cycle and sneaking an extra rip in. Plants in general don't get that big until this time. Just another way to think about shit

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I also have multi stages... right now I take clones every two weeks for one light worth of plants. starting this week I will take down a light every 2-3 weeks. my veg is two 4'-8 bulb t5 and a 400 watt hid over.a 4x16 space. flower is 4k flip right now with room for 2k more if I can figure out vegging it. probably take 2 light worth of clones every other time, so alternating between 1 and 2 light worth of clones when I take. no way i could do this all at the same time in my space. atleast twice the veg space and less harvest per year

ttystikk

ttystikk

yup, I take down every 2 weeks... 4 stages... always clipping :D

This. The main reason I run a four way is so that the work never gets overwhelming. Okay, so this way it never stops BEING overwhelming, lol :rolleyes: Seriously, spreading out the harvests and trimming figures prominently in my decision to go with a crop every two weeks.

Jboys3

Jboys3

I'm setting up my first perpetual system. I feel I have a fairly solid plan. Every two weeks I'm gonna start 4 plants. I'm making sure I get 8 week flowerers to stay within my time frames, and space allowance. I have a room dedicated to veg and possibly mother and cloning and I have a room for flowering. In the veg I plan on either using t5s or 400 watt. Still debating in another thread, any input on this would be beneficial as well. And in the flowering room Im going to have 4 1000's, possibly 5 if the four isn't enough but I'm confidant that since the plants fresh out of veg won't take up as much room as more flowered plants will then I'm hoping it will just be comfortably snugg.
Basically I'm just looking for tips and any problems a first timer might run into. any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
Here I grow[go]...

I grow on a perpetual scale all the time in dirt. I have a seperate bloom and veg room just like you.

Bloom room: 4-4x8 trays with two 1000 watt HPS lights per tray. Use a 64 day cycle for blooming. [every two weeks I harvest 6 plants].
Veg room: 1-4x8 tray with 2 1000 watt MH lights, 1-4x4 tray with a 1000 watt MH light, and 1-4x4 tray with a T5 set-up. Clones for two weeks, red cups for two weeks under T5 set-up, 3 gallon pots for two weeks under the 1000 watt MH light, and finally 15 gallon pots under the 2 1000 watt MH lights before they head into the bloom room.

That comes to 8 weeks in veg and approximately 9 weeks in bloom. And many on this forum will tell you I am wasting watts and electricity.

Above all for pepetual grow...CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Here I grow[go]...

I grow on a perpetual scale all the time in dirt. I have a seperate bloom and veg room just like you.

Bloom room: 4-4x8 trays with two 1000 watt HPS lights per tray. Use a 64 day cycle for blooming. [every two weeks I harvest 6 plants].
Veg room: 1-4x8 tray with 2 1000 watt MH lights, 1-4x4 tray with a 1000 watt MH light, and 1-4x4 tray with a T5 set-up. Clones for two weeks, red cups for two weeks under T5 set-up, 3 gallon pots for two weeks under the 1000 watt MH light, and finally 15 gallon pots under the 2 1000 watt MH lights before they head into the bloom room.

That comes to 8 weeks in veg and approximately 9 weeks in bloom. And many on this forum will tell you I am wasting watts and electricity.

Above all for pepetual grow...CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!

Yeah, so ask them where exactly are you wasting time, space OR power? They'll say they get soooo much weed in their big harvest- yet once we add four of ours up, it's always more per square foot than they got. Why is that? Oh yeah, it's called having a space and time efficient process!

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

After much time, deliberation, research, and of course the helping hand of you guys :) I'm going to keep is smaller and more simple for myself so I don't fuck anything up. Lol.
Ive decided to do a 400 watt veg room and a 4KW flower room.
Four weeks of veg in 5gal pots. And every 4 weeks rotate 8 plants in 8 plants out.

Grantid I only have a 400 watt veg room and a 2KW flower room at the moment. I'll just wait until the last 4 weeks of bloom and I'll start vegging 8 more. Its somewhat of a perpetual. Almost like an engine out of timing. Lol.
Thanks everybody. :)

Top Bottom