Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenNotYellow

If you ask me, that God Particle looks actually quite all right...perhaps it wants a bit of nitrogen, but I do think that you know all about how to treat the plant so I don't even know. Perhaps water or pH - based issue, yet might just be a phenotype?

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Right, back to the main event, new radiator is in so let's see if it holds the overnight temps better. It should.

Gave them all a small watering tonight as soil getting nicely dry and loose. Two quarts between five of them, just around the main stem and outwards then a quick dampening of the pot edges. All look great except...

...the God Particle. Got some mottling of the leaves which you can see here. She looks healthy enough but noticeably slower/less growth than the others but hey, different genetics etc could be that but that doesn't explain the mottling. Could it be too much light intensity from recent changes, nutrient deficiency? I don't think it's over or under watering as been very careful with that and on same regime as others. I've moved her out of the main light area so will be less on here and see how she goes. Any advice here very much appreciated.

God Particle
View attachment 2146386

View attachment 2146387

View attachment 2146389

View attachment 2146388

Other four looking happy and healthy:
View attachment 2146390

View attachment 2146391

@Greenjourneyman
@Captspaulding
The first pic with the whitish bleached looks like a little light stress.
And for the outdoors grow living in SoCal your gonna want to grow something hybrid or leaning Sativa with your type of conditions if your gonna start them indoors then move them outside your gonna have to slowly acclimate them to being in the sun and other conditions I put them in a shady spot for a day then try to put them somewhere that they get sun from 8 to 10am then from 5 to 8pm so they don’t get hit with peak UV index and fry and just keep a eye on them any taco leaf’s or edge curls move them to the shade for a day again.
I’m in Southeast Coastal Georgia so are heat and sun index are kinda close

lenhug

lenhug

I've never grown cannabis outdoors...yet.. but from my experience moving house plants out in the warmer months, be careful with smaller pots. A tree I had in a 5g pot would get watered once a week in my livingroom... outside that fucker was bone dry in a day. I'd imagine in the desert it would dry back even faster!

Take that with a grain of salt, the plant i am talking about was NOT cannabis lol

Ha, thank you, all advice much appreciated.

lenhug

lenhug

Not sure what is up with the God Particle. I’ve seen that sort of discoloration before and chocked it up to inconsistent watering though that may not be accurate.
I know it’s not your style, but I would advocate for you to put the Pinot seedling in a 3x3 or small planter container (cut off bottom of a 2 liter soda bottle) to get the multiple transplants going. Even if you don’t do it every time it’s a nice learning experience and you get a feel for how fast root development occurs.

Thanks man, will look it to it! 😉

She's an odd one, looks healthy enough just those leaves for now.

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

If you ask me, that God Particle looks actually quite all right...perhaps it wants a bit of nitrogen, but I do think that you know all about how to treat the plant so I don't even know. Perhaps water or pH - based issue, yet might just be a phenotype?

Yeh, thanks. I'll keep an eye on her, sure she'll sort herself out.

lenhug

lenhug

The first pic with the whitish bleached looks like a little light stress.
And for the outdoors grow living in SoCal your gonna want to grow something hybrid or leaning Sativa with your type of conditions if your gonna start them indoors then move them outside your gonna have to slowly acclimate them to being in the sun and other conditions I put them in a shady spot for a day then try to put them somewhere that they get sun from 8 to 10am then from 5 to 8pm so they don’t get hit with peak UV index and fry and just keep a eye on them any taco leaf’s or edge curls move them to the shade for a day again.
I’m in Southeast Coastal Georgia so are heat and sun index are kinda close

Yeh, that's what I'm thinking with the light stress so should sort herself out as we go. Not unhealthy otherwise.

And thanks for the outdoor tips, very helpful. What are your favourites to grow outdoor or have done well for you? I love a hybrid that's for sure!

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Amnesia Lemon Barney’s Farm’s
Special Queen #1 RQS
Blue Dream
+ Speed Auto Sweet Seeds
Quick One Auto RQS
Easy Bud Auto RQS
Only been here 2 years but that’s some that did pretty good for me there was a big adjustment period with growing outdoors coming from PA

lenhug

lenhug

Thanks and I bet a big adjustment. Nice to be all outdoor though I'm sure.

Was thinking Blue Dream as well as bit of a (CA) classic. Food for thought anyway, thank you again.

lenhug

lenhug

Very quick update, ladies all looking mighty fine this morning. New radiator doing it's job temp wise so no worries overnight there now. I also dropped the temp by a degree as VPD is a little high so keeping an eye on that and may adjust further.

God Particle seems to have got over it's issue (fingers crossed) and growing nicely and the Aunt Ginny's Elixir is not messing about...lol!

Lovely stuff. 🙃

20240409 091121

20240409 091312

And yes, I did move them round between pics. 😄

Now, I should really mix this soil and perlite for the other Pinot #2 who is coming along very nicely in the propagator and outdoor sunshine.

B

bloodeye

Very quick update, ladies all looking mighty fine this morning. New radiator doing it's job temp wise so no worries overnight there now. I also dropped the temp by a degree as VPD is a little high so keeping an eye on that and may adjust further.

God Particle seems to have got over it's issue (fingers crossed) and growing nicely and the Aunt Ginny's Elixir is not messing about...lol!

Lovely stuff. 🙃

View attachment 2147137

View attachment 2147136

And yes, I did move them round between pics. 😄

Now, I should really mix this soil and perlite for the other Pinot #2 who is coming along very nicely in the propagator and outdoor sunshin
Hey Len.

Thought I highjack your post to say hi as not getting on here quite so much lately. Hope you're well buddy and the set up is looking nice!

My F1 hybrids are coming along nice. Into week 8 now.
Definitely worth a look into for your next if you're doing autos again after.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

lol - 5 is busy enough sometimes....

@lenhug, yeah if You havent run Night Owl yet, you gotta try'em, Ive done Popecicle, Queens Banner, and Star Spangled Banner all were all great and Huge for Autos! that Zamaldelica looks good! as far as the meters Ive had a bunch (junk) over the years, I bought a Hanna Instruments (model#HI98129) (w/the replaceable probe), holds calibration and its accurate , its over 5 years old its spendy but worth it if you can find on sale? I found mine on sale at https://growgreenmi.com/ ($88.00), Hanna does sell less expensive units, their Groline Models - Keep at it my friend! ill be watching for ya!
I use the same model for over 20 years (on my third unit tho), imho the best combo meter available.
They last 5-7 years with me too., but i take very good care of them, calibrated every month (if low on solutions every two months) i see it drifts like 0.03-0.04 ph after two months and only 0.01-0.02 ph after 1 month, deep cleaning with cleaning solution every 6 months, always stored with the storage solution too.

lenhug

lenhug

Thanks @Trash_2002 . I've still got my eye on it but hasn't budged from the $190 asking price for a while. Maybe get a sale shortly with all the usual 420 stuff.

lenhug

lenhug

Hey Len.

Thought I highjack your post to say hi as not getting on here quite so much lately. Hope you're well buddy and the set up is looking nice!

My F1 hybrids are coming along nice. Into week 8 now.View attachment 2147932 Definitely worth a look into for your next if you're doing autos again after.

View attachment 2147933View attachment 2147934

They are looking gorgeous mate. Nicely done. What's the smell like?

I finally decided on my first photos this morning actually so funny you mentioned that (must have known!) After much umming and aahing and chasing options all over the place I went with Pineapple Skunk from Humboldt Seed Organization (HSO) via Attitude seedbank as can't buy direct (or anything) from them anymore. Sounds like the perfect cross for what I'm looking for.

So I'll be bending your and many others ears no doubt shortly for more tips and tricks.

lenhug

lenhug

Also spent part of the morning reading up some more on VPD levels (and adjustments) as wasn't quite happy with what I had in the tent currently. Averaging 1.11 and higher over 24hrs which is a little high for me. Kept temp the same (73'C) but just tweaked my humidity up by 2% (to 62%) and it's now sitting slap bang in the middle of where I want it. 1.0, give or take. Pleasing. 😊

And about to spend part of the afternoon repotting a load of chillies I've been attempting to grow. I fear for them but hopefully the repotting will help. Oh and a strawberry plant for my daughter.

Last edited:
B

bloodeye

They are looking gorgeous mate. Nicely done. What's the smell like?

I finally decided on my first photos this morning actually so funny you mentioned that (must have known!) After much umming and aahing and chasing options all over the place I went with Pineapple Skunk from Humboldt Seed Organization (HSO) via Attitude seedbank as can't buy direct (or anything) from them anymore. Sounds like the perfect cross for what I'm looking for.

So I'll be bending your and many others ears no doubt shortly for more tips and tricks.
The smell is coming on nicely. It smells to be developing but how to describe it 🤔 I guess towards a sweets smell.

Pineapple skunk, sounds (and just googled it, looks) naughty!
I'm looking forward to you getting that one on the go.

I just popped 1 (as I figure 1 plant gets me three months smoke) Apollo F1 hybrid from royal Queen seeds 😁

lenhug

lenhug

Nice, I look forward to seeing it grow. Is that an auto then, says auto on their description?

lenhug

lenhug

Pinot #2 is transplanted!

In to the Coast of Maine stuff so will be my first adding nutrients grow once she's eaten up what's in the initial soil (around day 21 or so it says). Again, another very good learning process for me. Soil looks fantastic I have to say (is that weird...lol?) Added a little more perlite to it and the base of the pot but tbh not sure it needed it.

lenhug

lenhug

And then there were six... 🙃

God I really need that new light, can't come soon enough. Think I'm going to have to raise this one a bit and turn it up a few notches to try and get a bit more light spread to the ladies on the edge, if that makes sense.

Might have to start thinking about some LST shortly as well.

20240411 185729

20240411 185736

p.s. Those high readings on the hygrometer are just because the lights had come on an hour before (5pm) and been a hot day. And the sun shines on the garage all afternoon so it goes a bit nuts for an hour or so till it stabilises. Gave me the fear the first time I saw it that's for sure!

B

bloodeye

Nice, I look forward to seeing it grow. Is that an auto then, says auto on their description?
Yeah just autos at the minute mate.

Currently, with what I have and what's going to come, once this last one is done I'll be stripping down the setup for 12 months or so as I've more than enough smoke already 🙈🤣
My housing situation is also set to change in 12 months. So when it does, false wall will be going in and then I can start getting on some serious photos 😁

lenhug

lenhug

Nice and and fair enough. I totally get the having way too much to use. I usually end up giving it away and sharing amongst friends and family.

Top Bottom