Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Nice and and fair enough. I totally get the having way too much to use. I usually end up giving it away and sharing amongst friends and family.

Yeah man, gotta do the give away when possible to pay it forward. Last year I kept a buddy going through a divorce in smoke for near 6 months.

lenhug

lenhug

Quick pic for this morning, they are coming on! Love the different ways each strain and type grow. Never not fascinating.

Due to the the uneven light intensity I've raised the he light/canopy height slightly and turned up the intensity a bit. Improved things a little but I need that new light asap, now telling me it ships on April 30th.

Looking at them I think it's time for some LST. My plan this time round is to bend over the main stems and hold with the metal arches I used last time then once they begin to grow use some LST clips on the rest. Not used the clips before but look good, just hope I don't snap any stems! 😬

@Captspaulding I know you use the clips, does the above sound good or do you just go straight in and do the main stems and others?

20240416 094345

20240416 094353

lenhug

lenhug

It is done, always feel so brutal:

20240416 210828

20240416 210831

Only broke one small branch off and half-snapped another so I'l take that with my cack handiness.

And by this morning as it it never happened. Will never not amaze me this wonderful plant:

20240417 095738

I've gone in and pushed them down a bit more this morning.

lenhug

lenhug

More concerning though is there seems to be a few little gnats in the tent flying around. 😬 I suspect they may have come from the new CoM soil but it's irrelevant now.

Done a neem oil spray this morning and also stuck a glass half full of vinegar/soap in there to try and kill them off. 🤞

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Turning to my first photo outdoor grow/experiment. I now have the seeds in hand and temps look like they're just now beginning to sit above 50'C overnight so it could be time to get this show on the road as well.

20240417 114238
20240417 114139

One question, the cannaverify doesn't verify, should I be worried or is this maybe because HSO have been, shutdown shall we say? Or have I been sent duff seeds? Any insight anyone?

Couple of interesting freebies as well:

20240417 114320

Don't know anything about Crockett's and can't find reference to that strain anywhere which seems a little odd but there you go. And an auto from HSO is fine by me.

lenhug

lenhug

Defoliation part 1, done. 👍

Lord i need that new light, they are all straining towards the centre. I want to space them out as well so not growing over each other. Maybe raise it more and increase the intensity again till it arrives?

lenhug

lenhug

Few pics from couple of days back. Some good LST on one of them from me that worked the way I wanted (hurray!) and the ladies all together. Looking v healthy and now 4/6 beginning to flower! 🙃

God Particle (bottom middle) still trailing behind but happy enough and hoping will spring in to more vigorous life at some point and Pinot #2 (bottom right) coming along as well.

20240423 201541

20240423 201546

20240423 202351

20240423 202355

Will update with some more pics once the lights come back on later.

lenhug

lenhug

Sun afternoon, they are moving! 💪

They are looking beautiful. Love the difference in structure/leaves between the Sativa (Zamadelica, front right) and all the other Indica/Hybrids. So stark, what a fantastic plant. The God Particle, top left, is still being slightly odd but getting on with things so leave her to it and others are vigorous to say the least. Pinot #2, bottom left, lagging behind for obvious reasons.

LST is looking ok and definitely growing nicely in to shape but could be better in places for sure. Some so large now that I need to pull down from outside with ties maybe or could it be time for trying the LST clips? Scary. 😄

I think I now recognise the benefits of what topping could do with some LST for a more uniform plant. Next grow maybe? To be fair they'll be fine but good to learn and understand these things more as you grow.

20240428 173815

20240428 173821

20240428 173827

20240428 173832

Light is up to lvl 9 now (around 610 PAR) directly underneath in the middle) and sitting at 2ft or thereabouts above the canopy. They are all straining in towards the centre. Will be up to 10 tomorrow I think then should be ok till new one arrives later this week...PLS GOD HURRY UP! Have I mentioned the new light before... ? 😄

As 5/6 are now flowering I've been starting to try and move the environment slowly towards flowering conditions (so ballparks off 40-50% humidity and slightly lower temps if needed 65F-80F). Particularly as I have one left in veg (the Pinot #2) so trying to give it as much veg envn as possible before I switch fully over. So to that aim I've begun to drop the humidity slightly day by day. Was at 62%, currently at 57%. This with keeping the temp where it was (at the moment) I'm trying to get it into its new VPD range of 1.2 - 1.5. Will take a while but slowly moving towards it this week which is fine.

Let's not talk about me getting my temps/VPD muddled up for a day and dropping that which lowers the VPD, instead of raising the temp which increases the VPD. And opposite for humidity! Anyway, back on the right track now...

Fantastic guide and charts here which might be of use to others: https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd

Anyway, hope everyone else had a great weekend and happy growing... 🙃

lenhug

lenhug

To update the outdoor grow. I popped one of the seeds on the 20th in to its pellet and it has been sat in the dark, humid warmth since.

Two days later I was dropping off to sleep when a thought popped in to my head...you didn't actually germinate the seed (in a glass of water for 24hrs) before putting in the pellet, because I was so stoned...oops! I was so happy with myself I didn't even notice...lol! 😄

So, we'll leave her in there and give her a bit longer to arrive. Silly sod. 🤭

B

bloodeye

Sun afternoon, they are moving! 💪

They are looking beautiful. Love the difference in structure/leaves between the Sativa (Zamadelica, front right) and all the other Indica/Hybrids. So stark, what a fantastic plant. The God Particle, top left, is still being slightly odd but getting on with things so leave her to it and others are vigorous to say the least. Pinot #2, bottom left, lagging behind for obvious reasons.

LST is looking ok and definitely growing nicely in to shape but could be better in places for sure. Some so large now that I need to pull down from outside with ties maybe or could it be time for trying the LST clips? Scary. 😄

I think I now recognise the benefits of what topping could do with some LST for a more uniform plant. Next grow maybe? To be fair they'll be fine but good to learn and understand these things more as you grow.

View attachment 2160042

View attachment 2160043

View attachment 2160044

View attachment 2160045

Light is up to lvl 9 now (around 610 PAR) directly underneath in the middle) and sitting at 2ft or thereabouts above the canopy. They are all straining in towards the centre. Will be up to 10 tomorrow I think then should be ok till new one arrives later this week...PLS GOD HURRY UP! Have I mentioned the new light before... ? 😄

As 5/6 are now flowering I've been starting to try and move the environment slowly towards flowering conditions (so ballparks off 40-50% humidity and slightly lower temps if needed 65F-80F). Particularly as I have one left in veg (the Pinot #2) so trying to give it as much veg envn as possible before I switch fully over. So to that aim I've begun to drop the humidity slightly day by day. Was at 62%, currently at 57%. This with keeping the temp where it was (at the moment) I'm trying to get it into its new VPD range of 1.2 - 1.5. Will take a while but slowly moving towards it this week which is fine.

Let's not talk about me getting my temps/VPD muddled up for a day and dropping that which lowers the VPD, instead of raising the temp which increases the VPD. And opposite for humidity! Anyway, back on the right track now...

Fantastic guide and charts here which might be of use to others: https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd

Anyway, hope everyone else had a great weekend and happy growing... 🙃
Hello mate. How's it going?just doing my biweekly look into how you're getting on.

Question for you. Have you only done the one harvest, the one you did previously to me?

Only ask because I've just done the harvest on my second grow. Got the third coming along nicely as well

Top Bottom