Perpetual Urban Organic Adventures with Steely

• Thread starter ssteely71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BeenBurned

BeenBurned

'mornin... so can u elaborate on the "clone a bud" process. I have re-veggd popcorn buds and then cloned the shoots.
BB-k is a beauty...for sure!!! luv the fall colors.

S

ssteely71

I often clone cuttings from plants in flower mainly because my timing is bad But, it's not hard. Just cut and clone like you normally would and place it back in veg - without a humidity dome. Give it a little bit stronger nutes than you would a normal clone imo bud clones are hungrier than normal clones. Takes about one month before you are going to see normal growth again. Be patient. Cloned buds are great for mainlining also as they are branchier than the original. Here is a shot of two lifesavers I have in early flower. They were both from bud clones.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Thanx man...just never tried. I too am constantly cloning late!
Ya, I kno the reveged buds are bushy...like a little 'fro lol and produce tons of cuts.
This akes a whole step out for me so Im tryin' it

Thank You, BB

straincreation

straincreation

Lookin real nnice bro i just got my self out of a second story apt. So i fill you man. To top it off the whole place was carpet. So Kitchen was my mixing area. It was quite discouraging for a while but i fot a hold of it and rocked a few harvests there. Just got out six months ago.

Now im renting a house and man it takes the load off, especially the bills having to run ac 24/7 is not cheap.

I was so happy to finally be able to exaust still have to run passive, dont know if i want to drill holes in walls/doors to allow more aiyou know. But im test running now so we will see how it goes . I might need to get a portable a/C if i decide not to though. Temps have spiked up to 88* on a hot day.

Anyways hell of a setup you got there hope the best, everything is looking spectacular..
Happy farming :)

KidGrenThumb

KidGrenThumb

Just dropping a few pics. My blackberry kimbo is a beaut. Investing in a real camera soon. View attachment 417349View attachment 417353View attachment 417354
Did not feed the blackberry Kimbo enough this round, and had N toxicity to boot. Hit her with a little nutes to finish her off Have her cloned and clones ready to go into flower to replace this one. Will try dialing her in next run. I'm hoping she's a hard hitter. My starfighter Kimbo is glassy w resin and very sticky. (The last pic)Didn't clone her ,but I'm going to clone a bud at harvest. She might be a keeper. Pretty sure the N overload hurt my yield greatly. Thanks for dropping by my grow in the sky.

Dude i justed ordered a pack of seeds. I'm running them organic i hope they come out frostier than hell!!!!!

S

ssteely71

Wow!! I had a pure blast at the SF HTCC! @digdugdank was a wonderful guest for a session and he brought some wonderful seeds of crosses he's made and gifted me very kindly. Thanks Digdug! The Bogs were very busy but gave me a moment to thank them and to pick up more gear ~thanks again BOG!
Was gifted some great flowers from a couple of breeders and had some great conversations. Thanks to RD from SoCal Seed Co and to Leo from Aficionado. And thanks to a few who said to keep it on the DL. LOL.
Will get into the new gear soon.
Came home to my garden and first thing I see are purple trich stems on one Kimbo....
This I like.
I now call her my "Darkstar" cut.
More to come soon!

burn4me

burn4me

Wow!! I had a pure blast at the SF HTCC! @digdugdank was a wonderful guest for a session and he brought some wonderful seeds of crosses he's made and gifted me very kindly. Thanks Digdug! The Bogs were very busy but gave me a moment to thank them and to pick up more gear ~thanks again BOG!
Was gifted some great flowers from a couple of breeders and had some great conversations. Thanks to RD from SoCal Seed Co and to Leo from Aficionado. And thanks to a few who said to keep it on the DL. LOL.
Will get into the new gear soon.
Came home to my garden and first thing I see are purple trich stems on one Kimbo....View attachment 419049This I like.
I now call her my "Darkstar" cut. View attachment 419050More to come soon!
sounds like you had a blast bro. and cant wait to see what gear you got to hunt in. hope you find some true keepers brother.
and damn that purple is crazy looking. great work is rewarded with great prizes. keep on keeping on ill be lurking

S

ssteely71

Chopped down Kimbo #1 yesterday. It was at about 70% amber and could of went longer but my stash is low. Lol. The yield on her was very low due to pheno or my N overloaded soil. But she is a super frost monster. Nice lemony/OG dank.
I decided not to clone her. My other pheno is still 7-10 days from being prime , so eager to see a finished flower dried. Dropped a multi topped clone in flower to replace harvested plant. " that's some pretty weed" says my dad.
Can't believe that ^^^^ is an unedited photo from my iphone.

Things in tent looking good. My garden sitter somehow flooded the whole setup while I was at the cup
. What can I say ? Lol had to shop vac a cpl gallons of water out of the tent and do a quick clean (4hrs) up. My back is not happy. And sitter denies a spill. So it freaking rained in my tent while I was on vaca.:bored:

But I have 4 lifesavers , 2 Darkstar Kimbo's , 1 SourBubble ,& 2 Jack Skellingtons flowering nicely. Thanks for peeking in.

Ps. I have 11 packs seeds I got at the cup. 8 were gifted to me and 3 I bought.I Got some good fireOg crosses and some long flowering sativas. More to come !

M

masterplan

Those buds look fantastic!
Can u explain what soil-less super soil is exactly??

S

ssteely71

In my previous post I said my kimbo #1 had 70% amber trichs, that was a typo, it has 70% cloudy trichs, 28% clear and 2% amber trichs.

Those buds look fantastic!
Can u explain what soil-less super soil is exactly??

Thanks! ....... to answer your Q: Its soil-less and you only have to add water until harvest. I built it from an online recipe. The best advice I can offer is to read all you can on "super-soils".....there are 1000 different approaches to making your own. Best of luck!

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
Looking good @ Steely71 I missed you today at the farmers market. I cant wait to smoke on some of that kimbo she looks amazing! Keep killing it bro! Digdug!!

S

ssteely71

Looking good @ Steely71 I missed you today at the farmers market. I cant wait to smoke on some of that kimbo she looks amazing! Keep killing it bro! Digdug!!

I sure thought about heading out there but my budget is busted from vacationing at the cup. Lol.

@digdugdank Really interested in these beans you dropped on me. Can you tell me anything about the parentage/lineage ? Just want a heads up so I can research as much info as possible to know what to look for etc. I'm looking to pop them ASAP. Thanks again!!!

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
For the bamf og bx I took the bamf og clone only mom and hit her with my fire og bx1 male from og raskal. Then I took a very beautiful indica leaning male with amazing structure and vigor and hit the bamf og mom again for a bx1. I also used that same amazing male to hit the gsc cut I have to make my bamf cookies strain. I believe I dropped those on you too! Enjoy , Digdug!!

S

ssteely71

Image Bunch of sideways pics for tonight's fun.
First up is the (Darkstar )Kimbo Kush.
She is days away.
Next up is TGA Jack Skellington. I have two phenos going. Both are nice frosters.

Next up. I have a cornstalk pheno of BOGs SourBubble. She's suffering from N toxicity. Be kind.

And I'm working another round of my keeper (Phatty)Lifesaver from BOG. She will be around awhile. Everyone who tries her wants more.
Thanks for peeking in farmers !

battalion

battalion

Holding out on popping seeds untill after SF Cup. Don't want my garden/house sitter to have to deal with seedlings.
But this Kimbo I got going at about day 30 is already pushing the limits on my filters. Two totally different phenos, both have a sweet scent if touched but smell like something rotten just sniffing them, almost a bit nauseating. The flush changed the smell imo. Check it out. Here's a few shots One almost looks done. View attachment 415887 View attachment 415888

Christmas has come early with those buds! More white than green...
Smelling like rotten > is that supposed to be a good thing?

S

ssteely71

Christmas has come early with those buds! More white than green...
Smelling like rotten > is that supposed to be a good thing?
Rotten is good!
Considering your limitations, I'd say you're killing it bro! Right on.

Do you mainline everything?
Thanks for your kindness. NO I dont mainline everything. Im trying to get into the habit of doing the first run from seed with less training, just to see what a pheno offers , then kicking in with mainlining and multi-topping after that.

Things looking good in my bloom tent. gave my N overloaded SourBubble a good flush and she is praying this morning, very happy.

S

ssteely71

Colorful tent shot. Trying to maximize my 600w yield.

And here's a peek at the cloning cab. Have 7 ExGen Kimbo from my Darkstar mom and 1 flowering Sour Bubble that will be a mother plant. These clones one hour after cutting.

Have one pheno of TGAs Jack Skellington strain that shot up some nice tall , well structured colas. She could end up a yielder.

Thanks for checking it out.

Top Bottom