Personal Medical Grow {Casey Jones and OG Kush}

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mikegreenthumb

reasons for considering switch: main reason i hear coco is alot like soil with more control im not upset disapointed or anything near that with soil just hearing so much good shit about coco n i hear its similar to soil but with no nutes generally neutral so you add everything you want know everything thats in there i hear its easier to control levels of moisture etc

M

mikegreenthumb

i turned my earth boxs into soil dwc setup ima improve it once i can access the res but its kickin ass so far

H

HighTolerance

reasons for considering switch: main reason i hear coco is alot like soil with more control im not upset disapointed or anything near that with soil just hearing so much good shit about coco n i hear its similar to soil but with no nutes generally neutral so you add everything you want know everything thats in there i hear its easier to control levels of moisture etc

My friend you have nailed the top reason for why I use and love coco.

Great medium for a variety of amazing bacterias to thrive in just like soil.

The only hydroponic media with a huge buffering capacity.

Way easier to flush, so can feed nutes till much later.

Allows for precise control of nutes specific for different strains, with the bacteria goodness from soil and the speed and control of hydro.

i turned my earth boxs into soil dwc setup ima improve it once i can access the res but its kickin ass so far

Gotta hop over there and check it out. Earthboxes are cool man. If I had the out door space I would love to build an earth bucket for out side.

M

mikegreenthumb

My friend you have nailed the top reason for why I use and love coco.

Great medium for a variety of amazing bacterias to thrive in just like soil.

The only hydroponic media with a huge buffering capacity.

Way easier to flush, so can feed nutes till much later.

Allows for precise control of nutes specific for different strains, with the bacteria goodness from soil and the speed and control of hydro.

Gotta hop over there and check it out. Earthboxes are cool man. If I had the out door space I would love to build an earth bucket for out side.

what brand and specific kind do you recommend

H

HighTolerance

Cloning with HT

I have been experimenting with cloning for last 6 months. I only experimented with cloning in coco and rock wool cubes but tried a lot different mixes.

Results as of now:
Coco: 5-7 days, at least 6 in roots, ready for transplant.
Rockwool: 6-9 days at least a dozen 4 in hairs a sticking out of the rock wool.

Technique

Tea mix in R/O
Base nutes @ 1/4 strength
Cal-Mag @ 5 mL/gal
Roots Excelurator @ 1 mL/gal
Great White @ 1/2 scoop/gal
Ful-Power @ 15 mL/gal
Molasses @ 7 mL/gal
Silica Blast @ 5 mL/gal

Depending on the base nutes the pH should come out very close to 5.5-5.7.

Coco: Put the coco in a small container, I usually cut the top half of a small plastic water bottle and poke a lot of whole on the sides and bottom of the lower half.

Fill it with coco, and flush with the tea mix from above, with 50 percent run-off. Put it aside for a few hours or even a day to get the bacteria growing in there.

Then just dip the stem in cloning gel/power/solution. I have only used clonex, I am sure others will probably work fine. After dipping poke it in the coco about 75% deep.

If the cuttings are weak then a humidity dome would be necessary, but I never use the dome for cloning in coco, I just flush it with the tea once and forget about it until the roots show up. As the coco drys, the start to grow crazy in search for water, if you humidity is too low and the coco dries up just use the tea at half strength and pH it to 5.5-5.7.

Rock Wool:

Dip the RW in 1/8 base nutes and pH to 5.5-5.7. I dip for 15 minutes and never had any problems rooting fast.

Then dip the stem in rooting stimulant and poke it in the RW.

Put all the RW cubes on a bed of perlite. Inject 2mL of tea mix from above in each cube and also wet the perlite with the tea mix as well. Place under the dome

Same thing here, I usually forget about them until roots show up.

***For RW, I grew the bacteria in the tea for 24 hours, just left it in the dark with an air line in it.

***For RW and Coco, if you aren't using special mother nutes, then putting the clones in a cup of RO for a day or two has really helped in cutting down the rooting time. I am thinking it helps leech or at least give the plant a chance to eat up a bit of those stored nutes.

some personal notes: i don't use sterilized blades or anything, I just use my finger which usually have hash on them most of the time. I cut off the clone and disturb the lower inch of the stem by scrapping it with my nails. I did do try the whole stereilized blade thing but it made no difference. Any bacteria from my fingers doesn't have a chance to grow next to the crazy selection of bacterias in the tea mix.

I haven't figured out the exact reasons for why my clones are rooting so fast. LOL this last batch of CJ rooted to fast, I need to modify the recipe for slower cloning so they could stay in the dome like old time for 20 days. It just gives me a huge rush when I see roots popping out after a couple of days.

Pic of CJ clone at the last hour of 6th day.

Roots
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Beautiful root shots HT! Very interesting info on the cloning experiments... What's your current success rate? I'm at 99%, but my simple method takes about 11 days to see roots bursting out like that... :itwasntme

H

HighTolerance

Beautiful root shots HT! Very interesting info on the cloning experiments... What's your current success rate? I'm at 99%, but my simple method takes about 11 days to see roots bursting out like that... :itwasntme

Damn I should have posted this in my new journal.

Thanks brother. My success rate was down to 98-99%, until I found the clone I threw in the garbage actually rooted in two weeks in the bag. So if we count that then the success rate went up to 100%.

This time I really took some weak cuttings off a CJ which was stretched 3 ft tall because it was sitting in the corner with just a singer 23w CFL. Even though I was kind of sure some of those week cutting might not root as they were very flimsy. But what do we know, it is the 7th day and 100% rooted.

BTW I don't think I have taken enough clones in my lifetime to even calculate a number for my success. My 100% success rate on cloning comes from maybe 200 clones tops. If my number stays at 100% when I get a couple of thousand clonings done under my belt, then I will be happy, my gut says I am doomed to run in to a strain that will be hard to clone.

For right now CJ clones like dream.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
:D LMAO... I thought this was the new journal. BTW, you should get some coco dividends or sales commission for being such a convincing advocate... I'll see you at your new journal now. :character0110:

M

mikegreenthumb

send me lind to new journal

thats about the same timing and sucess im getting with oasis cubes

K

Kpezzy

what a great thread, I just got through the whole thing, great great job my man!

M

Mr.Smokster

Awesome HT. Roots like that in 6 days, wow, I want my plants life to start that good every time. Lookn forward to trying it, thanks alot.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

HT, check it - casey Jones got natty dreads!
http://farm3.static.invalid.com/2716/4537512240_df2d797031_o.jpg

S

Socachi

Darth that's some wild looking bud you got there. How's she smoke?

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

how long did you flower that cacey for??

72 days

Here's the whole photo-show

Darth that's some wild looking bud you got there. How's she smoke?

I took a tester calyx at 63 and it was grapey, euphoric, had energy to it, extremely smooth, and no crash/burnout. Great daytime smoke. I only smoked that one calyx as I did the final chop cause I had to go to work a few hrs later & have my wits about me. Sad thing is ... I have a piss-quiz coming up & I'm not taking any chances of losing my job in this economy ... so a full smoke rpt will have to wait. Nice to know the long cure will only make it that much better though.

It has a sweet floral smell at harvest & into the cure. Never got the hay/grass smell like the Master Kush & Chemdog #4.

more ...
http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4006/4537526534_a6ba58ed59.jpg
http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4047/4536893877_e1641b2b04_o.jpg

M

mikegreenthumb

72 days

Here's the whole photo-show

I took a tester calyx at 63 and it was grapey, euphoric, had energy to it, extremely smooth, and no crash/burnout. Great daytime smoke. I only smoked that one calyx as I did the final chop cause I had to go to work a few hrs later & have my wits about me. Sad thing is ... I have a piss-quiz coming up & I'm not taking any chances of losing my job in this economy ... so a full smoke rpt will have to wait. Nice to know the long cure will only make it that much better though.

It has a sweet floral smell at harvest & into the cure. Never got the hay/grass smell like the Master Kush & Chemdog #4.

more ...
http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4006/4537526534_a6ba58ed59.jpg
http://farm5.static.invalid.com/4047/4536893877_e1641b2b04_o.jpg

tht suck piss for enjoyment not enployment

S

Socachi

That's a sweet looking jar of smoke you got there Darth. I wanna reach out and grab some. LOL :icon_spin:

Top Bottom