Personal rosin press for a beginner

• Thread starter DogterB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DogterB

DogterB

I’m looking to get a rosin press for personal use, hoping to get into making cartridges. Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent budget press? I’ve been looking into Dulytek’s DM800 & DHP5, but have also come across a guy on Reddit (u/gettinhighsince95) who has great reviews on his productions. I've also looked into Mañ'O'Green's DIY 6-ton press on AFN forum.

Or does anyone have recommendations on other budget-friendly extraction methods for carts?

Thanks!

Ponky

Ponky

An H frame press from Harbour freight with a 20 ton bottle. For like 100 bucks and one of those plate kits with the control box and 4 heat elements. 2 to 3 hundred bucks.

Ponky

Ponky

how do you attach it to the H frame Ponk?
The H frame comes with plates. And the top of the heat plate kit is built to fit the H frame. 150 USD at Harbour freight. Cheaper on sale. Total kit under 500. For doing a solid squeeze. And bearing and stuff. It's still a press. No mods needed.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

^^^
I have this one
Screenshot 20211011 135526 Google

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

^^^^
I have the 6 ton Dab Press but I must say my arm gets tired from the manual press.

DogterB

DogterB

^^^^
I have the 6 ton Dab Press but I must say my arm gets tired from the manual press.

I wish I could afford something like that! I looked into their refurbished 4-ton presses, more in-line with my budget. If I could afford this, it would be a done deal. Unfortunately I'm a full time med student so my budget is pretty tight. I'm wanting to get into this for making cartridges for my wife as her lungs don't handle flower all that well.

Ponky

Ponky

I wish I could afford something like that! I looked into their refurbished 4-ton presses, more in-line with my budget. If I could afford this, it would be a done deal. Unfortunately I'm a full time med student so my budget is pretty tight. I'm wanting to get into this for making cartridges for my wife as her lungs don't handle flower all that well.
I think the rosin in carts is different than the process of pressing rosin. And those carts themselves can be a problem. Especially if you fill up 144 of them and discover the whole case is defective. Finding good cartridges from a good wholesaler is hard enough. But if you get a decent ice rig and a quality Enail you can dab rosin from the press fairly easily. Or instead of a cartridge pen you use a dab coil pen. And make sure your rosin is always premium. Then you can just put it right in the pen from the sheet.

DogterB

DogterB

I think the rosin in carts is different than the process of pressing rosin. And those carts themselves can be a problem. Especially if you fill up 144 of them and discover the whole case is defective. Finding good cartridges from a good wholesaler is hard enough. But if you get a decent ice rig and a quality Enail you can dab rosin from the press fairly easily. Or instead of a cartridge pen you use a dab coil pen. And make sure your rosin is always premium. Then you can just put it right in the pen from the sheet.
Yeah, I would have to thin it out with some terpenes for a cart and I'd only make up a couple at a time. I already have some good reusable carts that I've been refilling with dispensary syringes, but want to make my own. And not all rosin produced would be for carts, I'd definitely be building a stash to use in my rig 😉. Appreciate the heads up though

Moshmen

Moshmen

Try a vaporizer? The g pen is cheap and will at least give you the experience of vaping

Ponky

Ponky

Yeah Micro G Pens are pretty dope. Small and discreet. A nice smooth hit. Not an overwhelming lung full. I like the small flat ones.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Med student 👨‍🎓 🤔. I know a couple ways to make some quick cash.. 😂 couple donations and you’ll have a brand new dab press sitting on your kitchen table.

DogterB

DogterB

Med student 👨‍🎓 🤔. I know a couple ways to make some quick cash.. 😂 couple donations and you’ll have a brand new dab press sitting on your kitchen table.
Haha, I already sell my blood and such, but always open to ideas 😂

Top Bottom