Pest Or Deficiency?

• Thread starter NHWhites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NHWhites

NHWhites

I have a plant of the same strain growing from seed right next to it that isn’t displaying this. Mg deficiency or pest problem? I just started to hit it with neem and have spinosad on the way
Pest or deficiency
Pest or deficiency 2

NHWhites

NHWhites

I’m in happy frog soil, using nectar nutes occasionally. I usually ph between 6.3-6.7 with nutes but just water is at 7. They’re in 1gal air pots. In another thread it was suggested that a bit of cold floor temps and or benign a little root bound could be contributing. The strain is Fire Alien Blackberry (Fire Alien Strawberry male x Blackberry Kush mom)

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Try and keep ph at 6.7. When I've used FF Ive found that to be the sweet spot. Do you have any pics of new growth? The older messed up leaves won't heal, but the new growth will let ya know if things have corrected themselves. Idk about the floor causing any problems, unless it's dirty, or real cold, but you should raise it to be safe, and to be sure the run off doesn't hang around the pots. How long have they been vegging in thoes air pots?

NHWhites

NHWhites

The new growth isn’t showing any issues atm. It looks a little sad in the pics from being thirsty and ipm. They’ve been in the air pot since at least the beginning of December, if not earlier. I’d need to check my notes. I usually dump most of the runoff out but haven’t really cleaned the catch trays that the plants are always on
FF147014 2759 406B 84BE 5ACE28770067

showmegreen

showmegreen

Look cold to me. Cold fucks ph, transpiration, uptake and everything all up.

NHWhites

NHWhites

I just put some cardboard under the trays to give another layer between the floor. I’m going to hang my new 315cmh today so that should bump up the temp a little

BurnedShip

BurnedShip

I have a plant of the same strain growing from seed right next to it that isn’t displaying this. Mg deficiency or pest problem? I just started to hit it with neem and have spinosad on the way
View attachment 768692 View attachment 768693
Potentially to much nitrogen? I've seen similar conditions worsen. The plants developed small holes that look like bites. However those same micro holes can be caused from to much light saturation or touching the bulbs.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Your ph is way off! What kind of pen are ya using? Last time you calibrated it? When I first started in the warehouse, we had concrete floors. In winter it would get extremely cold, but that's a ph issue! 6.2 or 6.3 is will get ya looking like this in FFOF. I ALWAYS use 2 on pens when checking my rez. It is that important! The new growth is suffering. You'r gonna need to straighten that up quick. Transplant to a larger container, and feed at 6.9 for a bit. Make sure you check your ph after ya put in your nutes!

NHWhites

NHWhites

Potentially to much nitrogen? I've seen similar conditions worsen. The plants developed small holes that look like bites. However those same micro holes can be caused from to much light saturation or touching the bulbs.
Possibly too much N. I added neem seed meal to the soil along with some bio live and I think the neem really juiced the soil too much. I’ve actually stopped feeding any nutes and have been just watering for the last week or so, adding some fresh aloe (plants loved it) and some Epsom salt

NHWhites

NHWhites

Your ph is way off! What kind of pen are ya using? Last time you calibrated it? When I first started in the warehouse, we had concrete floors. In winter it would get extremely cold, but that's a ph issue! 6.2 or 6.3 is will get ya looking like this in FFOF. I ALWAYS use 2 on pens when checking my rez. It is that important! The new growth is suffering. You'r gonna need to straighten that up quick. Transplant to a larger container, and feed at 6.9 for a bit. Make sure you check your ph after ya put in your nutes!
I was under the impression that soil didn’t really need to be ph’d. I’m using a cheap shorty ph pen and haven’t calibrated it. I do always check the ph after adding nutes. Any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive ph pen?

BurnedShip

BurnedShip

Possibly too much N. I added neem seed meal to the soil along with some bio live and I think the neem really juiced the soil too much. I’ve actually stopped feeding any nutes and have been just watering for the last week or so, adding some fresh aloe (plants loved it) and some Epsom salt
How old are those plants again

showmegreen

showmegreen

Dude! Bring yer soil temp up a smidge. What is it at tempwise any way? All that shit you adding is gonna change again after the soil warms up. Save yer money! Breathe! Cozy roots are happy plants!

BurnedShip

BurnedShip

Water is a universal solvent with neutral pH unless it's tap water that has been manipulated. Your plant is strait don't worry so much. Everybody on here is an expert apparently. But with what I've seen the only thing I can help with. I'd recommend keeping those babes warm. I've heard 60' to 79' is ideal temp. But if you got that under control them babies are gonna perk right up.

NHWhites

NHWhites

Dude! Bring yer soil temp up a smidge. What is it at tempwise any way? All that shit you adding is gonna change again after the soil warms up. Save yer money! Breathe! Cozy roots are happy plants!
Temps are mid 70’s lights on to low/mid 60’s lights off

NHWhites

NHWhites

I am using tap water that has a ph of 7 but ppm’s are like 270

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I was under the impression that soil didn’t really need to be ph’d. I’m using a cheap shorty ph pen and haven’t calibrated it. I do always check the ph after adding nutes. Any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive ph pen?
Hanna makes a $50 one that's good, Eleaf has 1 for about $60. I always go w/Bluelab, and either 1 of the 2. Don't get a pen that comes w/a screwdriver. The Milwaukee is garbage. You'll be buying 1 every week. OH imo, and ime is the most factor. Ya end up locking out nutes, adding more....next thing you know, ya have all kinda of problems

NHWhites

NHWhites

Hanna makes a $50 one that's good, Eleaf has 1 for about $60. I always go w/Bluelab, and either 1 of the 2. Don't get a pen that comes w/a screwdriver. The Milwaukee is garbage. You'll be buying 1 every week. OH imo, and ime is the most factor. Ya end up locking out nutes, adding more....next thing you know, ya have all kinda of problems
Thanks I’ll check them out

Latest posts

Top Bottom