Pest Or Deficiency?

• Thread starter NHWhites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
showmegreen

showmegreen

You cant ph soil effectively . It is always attempting to become neutral. Soil s a mix of both acid and bases. Fighting each other and throwing out elements and salts as casualties of war that your plants and soil surfers use to grow and prosper. Or wither and die. What you put in it defines the outcome.
I was under the impression that soil didn’t really need to be ph’d. I’m using a cheap shorty ph pen and haven’t calibrated it. I do always check the ph after adding nutes. Any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive ph pen?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Sorry, but unless your floor, or soil is sitting below 55-60, that's not the prob...Still keep your environment in check, but that is 90% likely ph...COULD be bugs...ya want your water temps 62-69. Water at 65 holds 10x's as much o2 than temps at 75. At 75 you start risking root rot (water temps) still raise em off the ground if ya want. This was my life for years, and soon to be again. I've got just about every speed bump along the way. Look at em as learning experiences.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
PH is off if your in soil. I run happy frog at 6.0 always. 6.0 no matter what with nutes and flush. IDE run a hard flush with bone meal at PH 6.0. Let her dry out then nutes at 6.0.
3CD22AF4 E6D4 43D7 A11A E832454B54E1

Haven’t had any problems these have 4 more weeks veging then flip.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Temps are mid 70’s lights on to low/mid 60’s lights off
No offense but I don't believe you. Unless battery acid has been added to yer soil lol. I'm out.
PEACE and Bless yer Grow!

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Nov, and still in 1 gal? Transplant immediately. That can mess with ph, as well as cause unhappy roots. Add some beneficial bacteria, and drop of but B (superthrirve) a long with a good pen, and transplant, she'll be good in a week (new growth)

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I'd have to agree with Tasty Buds
I have some ladies in soil from Nov 2 with temps in the same range and I transplanted to 3 gal SmartPots a few weeks ago. They are cranking!
I am running RO water though because my well water was 130 PPM and 8.3 PH so, I would think your PPM is too high but, I only know what I read.
I would have to say though, from the dark green color, you probably don't need any more Nitrogen.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I'd have to agree with Tasty Buds
I have some ladies in soil from Nov 2 with temps in the same range and I transplanted to 3 gal SmartPots a few weeks ago. They are cranking!
I am running RO water though because my well water was 130 PPM and 8.3 PH so, I would think your PPM is too high but, I only know what I read.
I would have to say though, from the dark green color, you probably don't need any more Nitrogen.
You'd be surprised how little nutes cannabis needs to thrive. It seems to take, and hold what it needs.
I posted a half asleep thread early this morning. It shows a scrog that's never been feed higher than 1.6 e'd. For some reason the root zone e'd is at 3.0 ec, and it will come cloes to my 600 watt record. Also in that thread I show a party cup SOG. It was fed the same, yet the highest ec the coco medium ever got was 1.9.
My normal feeding for a full sized plant is normally 1.2 ec. The plants seem to take what they need, and store the rest. This is just a theory I have, but the evidence suggests I may be on to something. I never researched it, but now I think I will. Sorry for all the words lol. If ya wanna see my plants, and a few experiments I've done, check out the thread. It's long, and I don't write well, especially in the morning, but there are some cool pics lol.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I haven't used AirPots but they are supposed to be good so either would be fine.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I know people love em, but I can honestly say I've never used em. If they air prune, as I've heard, they're good. From a 1 gal, I'd go to 3. 3 to 5, 5 to 7, although when I used peat, I'd go from 1 to 7

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

You'd be surprised how little nutes cannabis needs to thrive. It seems to take, and hold what it needs.
I posted a half asleep thread early this morning. It shows a scrog that's never been feed higher than 1.6 e'd. For some reason the root zone e'd is at 3.0 ec, and it will come cloes to my 600 watt record. Also in that thread I show a party cup SOG. It was fed the same, yet the highest ec the coco medium ever got was 1.9.
My normal feeding for a full sized plant is normally 1.2 ec. The plants seem to take what they need, and store the rest. This is just a theory I have, but the evidence suggests I may be on to something. I never researched it, but now I think I will. Sorry for all the words lol. If ya wanna see my plants, and a few experiments I've done, check out the thread. It's long, and I don't write well, especially in the morning, but there are some cool pics lol.

Hey Tasty Buds
I am not sure I understand- what you wrote or how you wrote it. lol. I am only on my third grow and running TLO organics (Rev style) and only using RO water. I don't even PH anything anymore although I do check to keep my PPM's low. I am noob and this is working for me.
I checked out your thread from earlier. You were right- I don't get it. lol. The pictures are cool though- some frosty goodness there.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Hey Tasty Buds
I am not sure I understand- what you wrote or how you wrote it. lol. I am only on my third grow and running TLO organics (Rev style) and only using RO water. I don't even PH anything anymore although I do check to keep my PPM's low. I am noob and this is working for me.
I checked out your thread from earlier. You were right- I don't get it. lol. The pictures are cool though- some frosty goodness there.
Thanks, I was half asleep when I wrote it. If it's working no need to fix it. Over time, you'll learn a lot! If ya ever have a,? ,don't hesitate
Look Into the Lucas formula. No need to ph, or check ppms. It's basically Flora Nova, but I mix it myself. I also cut all N by week 5 or 6 of flower. I want the plant to use its own. The end product tastes better, and cool colrs

BurnedShip

BurnedShip

Nov, and still in 1 gal? Transplant immediately. That can mess with ph, as well as cause unhappy roots. Add some beneficial bacteria, and drop of but B (superthrirve) a long with a good pen, and transplant, she'll be good in a week (new growth)
Hey I need some help guys.Aye this is for anyone with a good eye mine are not eagle sharp. OK here's the story I have 2 plants. I put them in veg for 4 weeks. I've put 12-12 on lately to activate flowering. It's been 4 days and still no preflowers. Anybody see a way to sex these plants I have? They are both 36 days old.

IMG 20180104 144912
goingtoguano

goingtoguano

If it were me, because I struggle with this, I would just give it more time if you can. From my limited experience, 4 days is not enough. They will show themselves with enough time. You want to be absolutely sure after all the work thus far.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I don't see anything that would tell me it's a male. Male flowers will develop quicker than fems. Keep an going. You will know

Latest posts

Top Bottom