pg.e

• Thread starter Mitygrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mitygrows

So my question is anybody get a letter from pg.e cuz iv been running 6 1000 plus 5 t5 ac thay said I was over the 400 percent on kw has anyone else got one of those

shawnskush

shawnskush

Yup! Just tell them your job requires a dedicated server and a/c system for computer programming. a typical high end programming comp will use as much electric as 2 1k lights usually.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good God, not me. Well over 6,000W on residential..??

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

If you pay your bill WTF should they care? I've gotten letters from pg&e telling me what percentage i'm above the average but they were just computer generated BS. Did they ask for a response? If not don't worry about it all they want is your $'s.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

oh no, my bad, yea if you are on that program they are gonna give you some hassle. They want to get as much out of you as they can. A friend of mine got a note from his doctor saying he needed to keep the heating and air conditioning system on all the time because of his aches and pains. I don't fuck around with those programs for just this reason. Good luck, I hope you can get it figured out.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I run a total of 16kW in bloom, 8 for each of two day cycles running on a flip style schedule (but without flip boxes), plus 1400W watts total over all stages of veg, I add 100W for clones occasionally. The only time I hear from the power company is when my payment is late- but since so many companies and law enforcement agencies in Colorado have been successfully sued over search and seizure and outright legalization issues, they've just backed off completely.

They need a complaint with specifics in order to investigate, and even then without confirmation of other infractions (making concentrates, growing mushrooms, etc) they'll generally leave well enough alone. On the other hand, sell a dime bag to just one middle schooler and their mom calls the cops- and you can kiss your baller lifestyle goodbye.

M

Mitygrows

Yes me to I think im going to cut back for now maybe 4 lights thats it no more extra t5s just keep it simple do you think it will be noticed also im in ca I am all up and up I dont deal with any one but my famly that runs a club

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes me to I think im going to cut back for now maybe 4 lights thats it no more extra t5s just keep it simple do you think it will be noticed also im in ca I am all up and up I dont deal with any one but my famly that runs a club

If you're on the up n up, then why give a shit what the power company says? Just tell them you're using electricity for a private purpose completely within the boundaries set by state law. If they ask about what that purpose is, repeat that phrase with a smirk and a cocked eyebrow.

M

Mitygrows

I dont likeattention I like to keep a low profile and not be f***** with I live in California and I know the law states that we are all good but I still don't like being messed with is anybody else gotten any letters that's my question and what are you going to do about it

P

prop215fresno

Yes I got the same letter. I am in 400% tile. They say they may need income proof. When they finally ask I will provide it. in the meantime I asked for a medical use form. I will have my doctor fill it out. I hope it will help save me even more on my bill. My bill 700+ with care program its about 300. I will update when pg&e updates me.

vaporedout

vaporedout

the dr one saves you 15 dollars a month flat fee they told me, we got it along with the care program. the only problem i see is your on a low income program and your using far more electricity then people who pay "full price" so thats probably why they are hassling you. the paper from the dr will solidify any excuses you want to use medicinally, until then just keep paying your bill and good luck, let us know what happens, ohhh and BTW that paper that compares your electricity to the neighbors IS complete B.S. we live like we have no power (only power is what room were in)and it constantly says were over our neighbors by a ton. just to get you to try and save more.

M

Mitygrows

Ya but I told them I have a hottub and my wife has a big pottery oven do you think that will help

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Everyone i know who got the letters ended up losing their care package.
They end up wanting a bunch of financial information, and to do an efficiency inspection.
My friend just got his letter and said hes gonna put some tomatoes on his tables and tell them to come over.

M

Mitygrows

Thay just told me not to go over the 400 mark or else thay have not sad any thing about shutting off anything yet iv shut down every thing for now but one light im trying to give them some time to get off me

vaporedout

vaporedout

If you have a smart meter they can tell your running lights with out having to ask you. id get off that program if you want to keep running a 6k oppy . lol the 2kw you just shut down could essentially produce enough to pay for a 6k electric bill . probably safer paying a larger bill and running more lights vs trying to stay qualified to get a discount on power.

yeah those meters are smart :) we quit growing indoors before we got on the care program. remember this is a "low income" plan, they are VERY trusting by not asking for a tax refund or some kind of proof of income up front. i know smud made us produce those before their "care" plan kicked in. so just ask yourself if you think your low income should you have a 700 bill?? this year was the first time in my adult life ive had to ask for assistance and thought about growing indoors again because of our discount, but then i thought thats almost the same as people lying about welfare and etc...... i was very happy to find that most utilities will give you some kind of assistance if you truly need it, but i fear things like this may prevent companies from doing that. I dont plan on being on this plan for the rest of my life, plus they are going to be asking for another proof of income soon so then they will see that work has picked up and we may not qualify anymore. im not saying dont grow, just maybe not 6 1000w.

M

Mitygrows

So do you guys think if I cut back to 3 1000 no more veg no more t5 by the way I had 6 8 bulb t5 going on top off the 6 1000 plus a 36.000 btu mini split but I need to keep meds so wbat do you think about 3

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That sounds *much* more reasonable to my cheap-ass self. Remember, a typical single family home uses about 4KW total.

Latest posts

Top Bottom