pg.e

• Thread starter Mitygrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

Do you have a smart meter? I have had some in depth interaction with PG&E and the care program and the financial documents. I'm not sure what exactly you are asking though. Are you thinking that they will cut you off for too much use? That wont happen that would be like saying you have been such a good customer that we can no longer give you service. They are about money. As you use more and more power the cost of it increases. We actually have used so much power that we melted the lines from the transformer. PG&E came out and fixed it free of charge. They do know especially if you have a smart meter exactly what your using that power for. As long as you are paying the bill they don't care. As for the care program you can submit a letter stating self employment. Kilns is a good one to use, you may want to get off the care program. I know that there was some people in Nor Cal that got in some trouble because they put their income was $20,000 a year yet they had a $2000 monthly PG&E bill, making it impossible for them to afford the bill with their entire income or proving they lied. Basically its best to just pay the bill for the power you want to use no discounts just pay it and they will love you. Keep the light happy it keeps you happy.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm going to second Amber's (and others) ethical judgement call. If you can afford to run 6-10kW of boon lighting, you can pay full price.

The care program is for indigent people- if you're burning that much power and you CAN'T pay for it with your op, then perhaps you shouldn't be wasting that much power to begin with!

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

screw pg and e they arent gonna run u down for that. even on care theyr still making money off of you. plus they are required by law to do care.

i wouldnt trip. maybe put another 1000 in just as a fuk u to them for being nosey.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They're required to *offer* CARE, they're not required to give it to anyone who asks, and they're definitely not required to continue providing CARE rates to someone who's using the equivalent of 3-4 entire households. Not to mention that PG&E puts as much of their costs onto customers as they possibly can, being a publicly traded utility and all.

If most folks knew how it is with PG&E and the CPUC, they'd puke.

ttystikk

ttystikk

They're required to *offer* CARE, they're not required to give it to anyone who asks, and they're definitely not required to continue providing CARE rates to someone who's using the equivalent of 3-4 entire households. Not to mention that PG&E puts as much of their costs onto customers as they possibly can, being a publicly traded utility and all.

If most folks knew how it is with PG&E and the CPUC, they'd puke.

I'm as saddened and disgusted by what passes for governance in this country as you are. I try not to think about it, it makes me want to puke all the time.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

MY GRANDMA JUST MOVED IN SHE HAS ELECTRIC STAIR CHAIR THING, AN OXYGEN TANK, AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER FUCKED MEEICAL MACHINERY. SOOOOOOO I'm running 6 1000s to grow flower for this patient in need

ttystikk

ttystikk

MY GRANDMA JUST MOVED IN SHE HAS ELECTRIC STAIR CHAIR THING, AN OXYGEN TANK, AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER FUCKED MEEICAL MACHINERY. SOOOOOOO I'm running 6 1000s to grow flower for this patient in need

Get a hot tub and run 8kW on each side of a flip! Gotta make sure grandma gets her physical therapy AND alternative pain medication...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Its the "CARE" program they care about!You can burn as much as your panel can take otherwise as long as you pay the bill(at full price of course:().Utilities are getting wise to this,like others said smart meters tell them whats up and their pissed your taking advantage of the situation thats all.Cut your use in half and see if they get off your ass but dont be surprised if they start asking for proof of income and to inspect maybe.Think about it from their POV,Who is on assistance because their bills are too high yet can afford to run a hottub or a pottery oven?lol.
I read something that i think SEA posted awhile back about "care" and i asked a couple fishing buddies who work for SCE about it and they said the utilities hate the program because over half the people on it are sandbagging but they are mandated by law to have it,To be sure if law enforcement ever asked for records those would be the first given up,lol,surprised the raping bastards havent started doin that already,they want their money!
Best of luck bro,having CARE in conjunction with a smart meter is like having a flashing red light on top of your house at least in socal anyways.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Its the "CARE" program they care about!You can burn as much as your panel can take otherwise as long as you pay the bill(at full price of course:().Utilities are getting wise to this,like others said smart meters tell them whats up and their pissed your taking advantage of the situation thats all.Cut your use in half and see if they get off your ass but dont be surprised if they start asking for proof of income and to inspect maybe.Think about it from their POV,Who is on assistance because their bills are too high yet can afford to run a hottub or a pottery oven?lol.
I read something that i think SEA posted awhile back about "care" and i asked a couple fishing buddies who work for SCE about it and they said the utilities hate the program because over half the people on it are sandbagging but they are mandated by law to have it,To be sure if law enforcement ever asked for records those would be the first given up,lol,surprised the raping bastards havent started doin that already,they want their money!
Best of luck bro,having CARE in conjunction with a smart meter is like having a flashing red light on top of your house at least in socal anyways.

I think this is sound advice in general, just like the advice to never, ever steal power. Break fewer laws, stay out of jail...

We CAN be smart and cutting edge about this- just like car manufacturers are starting to experiment with alternative fuels, we can do the same. I think that residential deployment of fuel cell technology is the next LED or plasma light; this is where a new industry can really change the game.

NightShift

NightShift

If one were to acquire a warehouse type space for growing how do u get commercial power rates. Do you have to prove to pg&e that you have a business or will you get commercial power rates for being in a warehouse?

sixstring

sixstring

so 3 oz will pay that bill but you would rather shut down most of your op and stay on assistance? even if your bill was 3 x that 1 decent plant should cover it,I don't get it:confused: this is why im paying 1500.00 for a similar size op I guess lol.

sixstring

sixstring

If one were to acquire a warehouse type space for growing how do u get commercial power rates. Do you have to prove to pg&e that you have a business or will you get commercial power rates for being in a warehouse?
in my area you just get comm rates if your biz is zoned commercial

Top Bottom