PH Charts for Soil and Hydro

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

juggo

truncheon meters work well in my experience. also,gh nutes are pretty much clear with the lucas formula,so drop testers work fine as well.

peace,
juggo

P

PuFFnNugg

So is it saying go 5.5 in Hydro? I always have stayed on the lower side in Hydro, and kept my Ph at 5.5, but I've heard many times before 5.8 Veg come down to 5.6 in flower. I've recently brought it to these numbers. Should I go back?

LBH

LBH

Puff, be careful getting out of the 5.8-5.9 range for the first weeks of flower. You'll lock out the mag or the cal.

I like to get to 5.8 for week one, load em with cal/mag and then to 5.9 for week 2, same thing, load em. This seems to carry them through no problem.

C

casmel

soilf makes you crazy because its so easy . you dont have nothing to mess with , and waiting maxes you anxious huh ??

S

smokeydav

I'm new on this site, and this is zaaackly why I joined. All I've read on hydro is that ph is the biggest oops that gets made. Thank you, this will help . ..

S

smelllit

Apprentice coco, promix hp, soil questions

whats crackin doing multi mediums in pots, w/ro, an nutes, trying to fine tune and not hurt my girls. Using promix hp, royal gold coco w/calcium, happy frog soil. ok I thought (promix) soiless meant no soil, actually it means less soil right soiless. So I ph'd promix like hydro or coco 5.8 don't think they liked it to much, a couple went a light green. So last feed I added a little cal mag and ph 6.2 maybe alittle improvement. Not sure how long fert charge last in this mix. I waited bout a week to nute. So I could use pro tips on promix hp. do I add calmag to this after a week or so and how much or not at all? Then I have coco with 10% or so xtra perlite. I didnt add cal mag for a couple weeks and it showed so i added 200ppm buffer calmag to ro water. then added an nutes plus vodoo, then ph 5.8. They like that a lot better. Also I hear i may kill off benificials if ph'd below 6.0. I asked an about this and they said add the calmag(coco) 200 ppm to ro water first, then nutes including vodoo last, then ph formula. Does anyone know for sure if and when you could hurt your benificails like vodoo in your solution related to ph'ing your water? And finally soil like happy frog at what point might you consider adding calmag to this medium or not using ro water which is all i drink myself and the girls as well? Thanks Happy Thanksgiving. I think the whole world needs to burn a big fatty. I believe all who smoke are doing it medically dr.rec or not. Peace puff puff pass

B

Brosnan2

I've been growing organic in soil for years with great success and the only time I adjust the ph is when I flush them with water adjusted to 6.0 for the last 2 weeks. During bloom I use either Bio Canna or Bio Bizz nutes or else some homemade guano teas. I always thought organic nutes self regulated themselves,ph wise, maybe if somebody knows better then they can let me know.
I thought a ph meter couldn't measure organic nutes with good accuracy, so instead of adding lots of ph up or down I just fed my plants the nutrient mix without adjusting it and my yields from it are nearly on par with my nft system, where the ph is constantly monitored.

u flush organics? no need to.

my ph meter measures organic nuts fine with accuracy.

buy a digital one. cost u a hundred bucks but works.

S

strictlyOG

so what ph would be the best if i use a soiless medium such as coco but manually watered? i never went above 6.0 and no lower than 5.5 i usually keep it at 5.8-.5.9 ? am i wrong for doing this? i would like to utilize maximum yield. what would you guys recommend? and the strain is og if that is any help. thx

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
sulfer phosphate or

Great chart. Can someone give me an idea on how I can lower my ph in soil? My ph is reading 8, so I need a way to lower this. First it was too low..5.5.. so I added bone meal and baking soda but my plants weren't improving, so I just started over and transplanted into new soil (miracle grow organic). They look much better, but now it is 8. I've heard lemon juice or vinegar in water works, but it doesn't last long. Is there anything I can top-dress the soil with?

aluminum sulphate is instant and perment mix in like lime ( dont know if its organic but it works
:harvest:

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
ok here it is i yhink

i see every one has Q's bu tthey get little answers? Well I have one as well th ph of my guano tea.( One tbs pr gal-guano2tbsewc5ml liquid karma and onetbs mollasses.)
is very low ph up does not work in moderate amounts to adjust my ph of the tea. And the soil becomes acidic (foxfarm happyfrog soil is used.) Should i used bone meal? in the soil or the tea? how much? or should i add one tbs of lime per gallon of soil when i mix soil and perilite? or Both? The chart looks nice but how we apply it is most important. Also my plants grow healthy and have quality smoke with ph of 4.5-5. All seix varieties.

the chart refers to your water with nutes in it ( the ph of your soil is or should be from 6.5 to 7.0) soil nutes should be 6.5 hydro 5.8 . yes you can use ph up and ph down at same time what ever it can do to plants ph to high or to low will be worse PH stands for possable hydrogen or IMU to much H = alkaline to little = acidic hope this helps
EVERYBODY GROW EVERWHERE :harvest:

BCrocker

BCrocker

the chart refers to your water with nutes in it ( the ph of your soil is or should be from 6.5 to 7.0) soil nutes should be 6.5 hydro 5.8 . yes you can use ph up and ph down at same time what ever it can do to plants ph to high or to low will be worse PH stands for possable hydrogen or IMU to much H = alkaline to little = acidic hope this helps
EVERYBODY GROW EVERWHERE :harvest:

All this PH talk and I am almost getting confused. I have been PH'ing my nutrients, plants in soil (pro-mix), always to 6.2 throughout flowering. Should I be doing 6.5 through the entire flowering period? I have know some guys here to lower their ph to 5.8 the last 3 weeks of flowering, is this nonsense?

G

GreenIce

BG - thanks for the adjustment advice for the ph meter. I have been using the garbage can and was not aware of the hammer trick. After 4 ph pens 2 different brands I am done with those shitty things. The drops work awesome!!! I rarely use the drops or ph meter anymore as I have found my water source is very ph stable and consistently tests to about 8.0-8.1 which I have determined the formula on how to adjust when feeding and use the same formula every time......works like a charm (1 year + now no probs). Also another trick is when you empty your dehumidifier water use it for watering plants the water will always ph at 5.9-6.0 and is pure as distilled water with no contaminants.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Why NOT to use dehumidifier discharge water!

BG - thanks for the adjustment advice for the ph meter. I have been using the garbage can and was not aware of the hammer trick. After 4 ph pens 2 different brands I am done with those shitty things. The drops work awesome!!! I rarely use the drops or ph meter anymore as I have found my water source is very ph stable and consistently tests to about 8.0-8.1 which I have determined the formula on how to adjust when feeding and use the same formula every time......works like a charm (1 year + now no probs). Also another trick is when you empty your dehumidifier water use it for watering plants the water will always ph at 5.9-6.0 and is pure as distilled water with no contaminants.

No contaminants in your Dehuey discharge water? Not hardly, brother! First, the lines and coils are usually made of copper and often soldered together using materials with lead and silver in them. Heavy metals = not good. Second, just because they're distilling water doesn't mean there aren't living things growing there, like molds and algae. This is a persistent myth running around; unless you have a distiller made specifically for drinking water, don't use it.

F

FromGROtoFLO

Which chart does SOIL-LESS mixes fall under? how about COCO?

ttystikk

ttystikk

All this PH talk and I am almost getting confused. I have been PH'ing my nutrients, plants in soil (pro-mix), always to 6.2 throughout flowering. Should I be doing 6.5 through the entire flowering period? I have know some guys here to lower their ph to 5.8 the last 3 weeks of flowering, is this nonsense?

I know that many, if not most famrers here like to see thier pH 'swing' a bit, as long as it stays between 5.2 - 6.5. The higher pH is good for veg stage, since it encourages the take-up of nitrogen, mid 5s is better for bloom as it allows for better takeup of P and K.

fwiw

Top Bottom