PH Charts for Soil and Hydro

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BrianDirt

BrianDirt

index1.jpg
DSCF2154.JPG

So my water has a high PH and calcium shows on the top soil after a few waters without nutes, I got the lime to lower it hopefully. Just add to a gallon of water by the teaspoon and test? Get it to 6 1/2 and flush all plants and finish with balanced PH nutes? Or could I also foiler feed at low 5 PH and give the plants the needed nutes that way, untill soil PH can catch up?

update
I found some PH down at the hydro shop and worked like a should, so I flushed with 6 ph water and will see if the shape up.

B

benamack

thanks for the info. ive been looking for a soil ph chart and your found it. dude your awesome.

datDANK

datDANK

i dunno.. i started not even checking the ph for organicsoil grows. i would still ph bottled nutes

i just feed plain 2 stage RO and they look amazing

would prolly mess around with ph if something looks wrong.

i think Alien was the one who said he doesn't even check

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

I am growing in a mix of roughly 60% organic soil and 40% coco. Should I ph it like soil, coco, or split the difference?

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

hanna makes a sweet as ph checker for about 40 bucks at most hydro shops be sure to get the calibration solution too to keep it in check.

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

I am growing in a mix of roughly 60% organic soil and 40% coco. Should I ph it like soil, coco, or split the difference?
Jaro you could always check it before then check the runoff and adjust for the difference. if theres a huge difference flushing is required.

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

that chart is very helpful for sure but i think all strains have a specific ph that they thrive best in you just gotta find it. thanks for the chart very helpful on the soil part.
very true. if it were as easy as that chart everyone would have the dankest dank.

wonka

wonka

So what should water be ph'd to in pro mix? Have read high 5's - 6 and 6.5.. Which is it?

bloads

bloads

whats the ph for usin coco? is it the same as hydro?
Technically yes. Since you let it sit in the coco though, it will tend to fluctuate, which is actually good. I shoot for 5.8, but won't hesitate to put a 5.5 watering if I put a lot of beneficials bacteria in it (they seem to raise the PH over time, going through a range is helpful). Also, coco tends to become buffered after awhile of giving it the same PH, so I don't mind feeding them straight filtered water (mine's a bit over 7, un-PH'd) during a water-only watering. Salt build-up (which causes burning and nutriend lockout) is your worst enemy in coco, as far as I'm concerned.

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

Technically yes. Since you let it sit in the coco though, it will tend to fluctuate, which is actually good. I shoot for 5.8, but won't hesitate to put a 5.5 watering if I put a lot of beneficials bacteria in it (they seem to raise the PH over time, going through a range is helpful). Also, coco tends to become buffered after awhile of giving it the same PH, so I don't mind feeding them straight filtered water (mine's a bit over 7, un-PH'd) during a water-only watering. Salt build-up (which causes burning and nutriend lockout) is your worst enemy in coco, as far as I'm concerned.
im having problems alot of them are drying up temp is okay burnt tips n slow growth in coco ... i have 4 in dwc and two of them look to b dying drying all up .. i put frozen bottle waters in the water ph is 5.5 swings to 6.1.... i added hyzome or some crap like that and roots are coming out alil but all white now....

Drizzle

Drizzle

my Advanced Nutrient chart has me PHing to 6.3 plants look decent. I suppose they can look a little more green

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

man took awhile to figure everything out but i needed 2of the buckets to b complete black.. 2of them were homedepot buckets sprayed blk but light was still getting threw,,, water temp is good ph swinging... everything looks good ...

W

whatmore

Hey,
I have some questions related to this, Why it is that hydroponics requires different pH level to soil? How would the medium effect the acidity at which different compounds would dissolve?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Soil is a buffer for all the bacteria and fungi that prefer a higher ph to feed the roots via symbiosis. You can grow in higher or lower ph but different minerals are locked out at different ph. MWD

Mi Grower

Mi Grower

well godbless ive been running my soil 6.0-6.3 you have changed me life

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I noticed when you compare both charts, the 1st one w/color is way off compared to the black $ white chart.

The reason I say this is because I believe the 2nd black & white chart is the accurate one, so I wouldn't go by the color chart. But do your own research before you take my word for it.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

To estimate soil ph a sample of the soil near heavy roots .one part soil two parts water shake up let settle then check the water for the third ph # In addition to the before and after water but I wouldn't trip cuz a healthy root zone regulates its own ph given you haven't killed the soil yet.

Top Bottom