Ph Help!!! Plz

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so I have sunshine advanced and I use fox farm and emerald goddess i ph my water after i mix the nute i ph at 6.5 but my run off is coming out at 5.5-5.8 i use blue lab ph water soil pen to make sure the ph is spot on every time not sure what to do about stopping the soil from getting so low any help would b great

Last edited:
MeJuana

MeJuana

We don't test pH runoff unless they make us do it.. ;)

You don't need to test the pH of your run off water or your soil unless you have a problem. If you did have a problem with pH you would normally run a "hard" pH buffered solution through your planter to straighten out pH. What this does is push out excess salts leaving behind our hard buffered solids. (ideally)

If you're using bottled or dried nutrients mixed with water you can hard buffer your solution before adding in your nutrients. First pH up your water until it is pH 9 and then use pH down to bring your solution to pH 6.5.. After adding nutrients balance it back to pH 6.5 again then when you water your plant use at least 1 times the nutrient solution to 1 times the amount of soil slow/even allowing the excess to drip from the bottom.

If you are organic soil you do the same basic principal as above but use organic pH buffers and make sure you add in some sugars for your microherd because you are in fact pushing out nutrients still.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

im having problem for sure bottom of my plants dieing from what looks like N def then on the top it looks beautiful

Homesteader

Homesteader

N def will occur on the bottom before the top. If you are late in flower, than I wouldn't worry much.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

im not im 22 days in to flower and that's why I think its N def bc it is at the bottom and not the top

Homesteader

Homesteader

Can you get yourself a little fish? That should bump it back to green.

Smerb

Smerb

I answered this yesterday. And you get the same response. Your tripping thinking something is wrong. Leaves die off when old anyhow. Kick back. I can't believe it man.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I told u if I set back in 4 days the hole plant will be dead

Smerb

Smerb

Leaves are the only thing dying on your plant. I can see great

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

yah as u know leafs take in light no leafs no light no light no photosynthesis no photosynthesis no growth

Homesteader

Homesteader

Your plant looks to me as though it has finished its stretch and no longer needs nor wants N in large amounts.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

im thinking the same thing so pull the N back and the leafs die faster its a pain in the bum only strain I have had has done this

Homesteader

Homesteader

I let my soil do the work so I have no clue about your answer. You can pull back or not, it doesn't matter, the plant no longer wants N nor does it WANT those lease that are dying, and neither should you.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

you guys are not under standing its not just some leafs its a 4th of the plant a day if not 2 at most in a week the hole damn thing is dead leafs and stalks brown buds

Top Bottom