Ph Instrument - Highly Recommended?

• Thread starter PlantPilot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PlantPilot

I need a PH reader, What are currently the best ones around? Looking for sensitivity and good build

Junk

Junk

From what I have seen @The Terps is right. Personally, I don't use a meter, I just stick with the chemical reactions.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

yep, blue lab is a good quality product. been running the same two guardians for like 6 years now. i occasionally calibrate them, but their always accurate when i put them in the solution.

ken dog

ken dog

Blue lab...keep it wet...always.
I get the $100 model... And pick up some calibration solution as well.
It will need to be calibrated approximately every 3 months, and it has a check mark to tell you when it needs to be calibrated.

Junk

Junk

Blue lab...keep it wet...always.

I have one & it doesn't say that in the directions?

**Edit - My bad, I forgot we were talking about a PH pen...I have an EC meter.

Last edited:
Tall guy01

Tall guy01

Blue lab gives you a water temp reading aswell as and accurate ph level

G

garylee

Gotta agree with the masses here. I have used several types over the years but once I tried the Blue Lab now that is the only one which I will buy.

chopper dogg

chopper dogg

Blue lab is by far the best meters, the rest are junk...but if you don't want to spent that kind of $$, don't forget the cost of cal. solutions and batteries, go to Walmart or home depo and get a pool PH testing kit, cheap and accurate!!

Panacea79

Panacea79

I just bought the yellow 'ETek' one (forget the technical name/model) about a week ago and after calibrating it it works GREAT!! Got it on Amazon for $20; next up I'm planning on getting the TDS gauge and possibly an EC meter...

P.s. Before I got the ETek I was using the General Hydrophics 'Kit': 1 liter of 'PH Up', one of 'PH Down' and the 'solution' that you'd put like 4 drops of in the nutrient solution or what have you and 'match' the resulting color to a chart.....and this generally worked. I mean it was DEFINITELY not as accurate as the ETek meter that gave you a digital, numerical readout accurate to HUNDREDTHS(?) of a number but it sure helped me keep my nutrient ph levels from being 4.4 or 7.8!

Last edited:
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
ISFET MINI LAB , best ph pen out there. They dont use the cheap glass tips like blue lab, milwaukee, oakton , etc. The ISFET pen uses a slicon tip. You store it dry.

Top Bottom