Ph is halved after adding Nutrients.

• Thread starter NutNubie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

It’s not time to start adding my nutrients yet but I’ve been practicing creating the solution to assure I can create something viable.

What I’m experiencing is my original tap water ph of 6.4 go down as much as 3.0 pts after adding nutrients. I ran some individual test this morning to get a closer look. The nutrients I have are about 5 years old stored in a basement with pretty consistent temps. Nutrients testing: sensi bloom, B-52, Mother Earth super tea, sensizym, sensi cal/mag ultra.

What are the possible reasons the ph would have such a dramatic drop and how to correct it. I have tried Ph up however the TDS rose to about 3300ppm. Including a pic of this mornings test.
TDS of 3300 ooof! 600-1200 would be better.
If you take your tap water and add nutes to make it 1000ppm total what is the ph? If it's between 5-7 i'd just leave it.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
QUICK TIP!
VEG-wanna pH level at 5.6 to 5.8-reason being Nitrogen best for uptake in a plants
Flower-ph 6.5-6.8...potassium and phosphorus is best for uptake in plants!

Knowledge is power😉

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
depending on your growing medium you may not have to ph etc..
i never ph and use either promix hp or bx..

N

NutNubie

I have since changed my nutes and ph meter(for the third time). I calibrate the Apera 60 to 7/4. Water is now Ph 7.4 and after nutes is anywhere from 5.8 to 6.2 depending on the scheduled ingredients. I don’t think it was a bad experience as a newbie. I’m sure there were things I could have done better. All are now in flower. The fact that they’re still alive is an accomplishment in my mind. Here they are as of today.

Top Bottom