Ph Issue Help!

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Alrighty she's still a young one. Just like everyone else said I'd suggest 200-300ppm worth of A and B once a day or every other day if you are scared to feed once a day, but ALWAYS feed. DO NOT LET IT DRY OUT. NEVER GIVE PLAIN PH'D WATER until maybe that last few days of harvest. You'll get the hang of it. Once you do coco is truly awesome!

Feel free to check out my coco root health tutorial link in my signature below. It should be a good read for you.

Last edited:
T

TripC

You were feeding A&B just once per week?!?!?!?!?! Wow no wonder why they're stressed. Feed with nutes every watering. Like Incogneato said - coco has no nutritional value. Get that feed up to 1/2 strength in a week to let the plant grow throughout veg and you should be fine. Full strength when it's closer to being a big girl. Good luck.

Newbie987

Newbie987

Also with A&B it says to use like 4ml of each per litre. When I use 4ml I get a reading off about 150ppm-200ppm with the water at 111ppm so i only end up with about 90ppm of nutes. Is this the right does if I have the water at 111ppm and to get that 200ppm is to aim for about 300-310ppm and that would mean I'll have 111 of water and 200 of nutes combining would give me 310 on the TDS?

justiceman

justiceman

Also with A&B it says to use like 4ml of each per litre. When I use 4ml I get a reading off about 150ppm-200ppm with the water at 111ppm so i only end up with about 90ppm of nutes. Is this the right does if I have the water at 111ppm and to get that 200ppm is to aim for about 300-310ppm and that would mean I'll have 111 of water and 200 of nutes combining would give me 310 on the TDS?

That 200ppm strength you are talking about with A and B is the BARE MINIMUM that you should feed the coco every time to maintain it's pH and EC stability, but now your seedling wants food for itself so go with the stronger 310ppm mix.

Your starting water is 111ppm then anything else besides that is nutrients. Shoot for that 310(111ppm starting water and 199ppm worth of nutes) and go from there. That should be a good starting point. Increase the strength as she grows.

Newbie987

Newbie987

Thanks! How come on the bottle it say to use like 4ml of each in a litre but for me to get more and to about 300 I need to use like 8ml of each to get 310 on my TDS

justiceman

justiceman

Thanks! How come on the bottle it say to use like 4ml of each in a litre but for me to get more and to about 300 I need to use like 8ml of each to get 310 on my TDS
This is because the bottle just has recommended guidelines, but depending on how accurate you are with measuring water and measuring out the 4ml of nutrients,the strength can vary greatly. What's more important is to maintain the ratios of what they advise. This is why it's important to have your TDS meter so you can always make sure you are where you want to be instead of relying on what the bottle says. Too strong add water, too weak add more nutrient. I love my TDS(EC) meter.

Wisher619

Wisher619

4ml per liter of each would get you up into the 1000ppm range

recomended is 2.3ml each per liter
or 8.5ml each A/B per gal which will net you 650ppm
you are def reading something wrong

Wisher619

Wisher619

maybe
I just looked on the website
2.3ml per liter each of a/b that is for a standard feed so 4.6ml total of A/B combined
that is about 8.5ml per gal stateside
which =17ml per gal total
that should get you a perfect feed
and a plant that size I would feed once a day till there is a little runoff in the bottom of the pot

Newbie987

Newbie987

I'm using 8litre pots I think that's just over a gal. I only feed half a litre in each pot

Wisher619

Wisher619

I'm using 8litre pots I think that's just over a gal. I only feed half a litre in each pot
dont count the liter per pot
feed until runoff in the bottom and then allow the coco to dry to about half by weight
that means you water and lift the pot
and feel how heavy it is
when it is half that heavy
water to runoff again

that is straight off the Canna coco bag

Newbie987

Newbie987

Thanks! I'll get my TDS calibrated ASAP but for now if I start off at about 2ml of a and 2ml of B of feed each day and bring it up to 3ml then they should be ok shouldn't they but I'll keep at 2ml until half way through veg and then bring it to 3ml each and flower at 4ml each

gwheels

gwheels

You need to get a 1 gallon bottle of water. Then use that to measure your feed and such. It has nothing to do with the size of the planter your plant is in. I am not sure if that is where the confusion is but when I started I had that all wrong. Then I started doing 1 gallon of nutrients with water at a time and adjusted the PH of that water after all of the nutes were added. Maybe you were doing it right all along but I can not be the only person who got it wrong :o Or maybe I am....

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeas nutrients are measure as ml of nutrient per liter of water to create a solution

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
This is what I do, never use ppm meter unless I am heavy feeding a huge tree. Use 5 ml per gallon of a and b and calmag, 15ml per gallon total for small plants. For larger almost mature plants I use 7.5 ml of both grow or bloom nutes and 5 ml per gallon of calmag or bloom booster. I do occasionally have a deficiency because some plants are picky but for the most part my plants love the KISS method for coco.

Newbie987

Newbie987

This problem is seeming to get worse an spread to other plants. There starting to look blotchy, purple stems, yellow and dark green droopy leaves and one or two with yellowish burnt tips. I put them on plant start by vitalink. There from seed and 2 days over 3 weeks

Wisher619

Wisher619

Hey,!
I am using canna coco pro plus medium with coco A&B also canna. My plants have started showing ph issues! I have been putting my ph in at 6.0 and I've been getting a medium reeding at the roots at 5.7-5.8. I've been told that, that's perfect but they've start getting light green and getting brown/gold spots on the leaves. I've been using a TDS meter and getting 111ppm for water and after adding getting 261ppm so 150ppm of nutes and 111ppm for just water = 261ppm. So they've been getting some stable nutes at 150 of nutes and ph has been good as it's gone in at 6.0-6.1 and roots have been at 5.7 so they must be taking in the nutes at that range. I just can't get my head around why they are started to go brown and twist. I'm just using coco A&B. I used 4ml of A and 4ml of B but I was only getting a ppm of like 31 for the nutes so including water it was 142ppm. I fed them just that before but they started with nutes deficiency and I was told with TDS metres you have to measure the water and subtract it from your nutes and get your nutes at your level so I wanted 150 of nutes so did 260 as my water was 111ppm. I'm just very confused on why they are doing this!☹️
I am trying to figure out what is really going on because this paragraph above makes no sense

what you need to do is get a 4liter jug
fill it with water up to 4liter
then add 8ml A 8ml B and mix
then take a reading of your ph and ppm

you ppm should be somewhere in the 600ppm range
and your ph should fall around 6.0

from there we can help you

Top Bottom