Ph Issue Help!

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie987

Newbie987

I will get a 4 litre jug ASAP and do that. All I'm using is A&B I am going to use some calmag but was told it wasn't needed until like a month in

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Sounds similar to what was happeneing with my babies around that age. It seemed to be a cal-mag issue. The rust spots and yellowing of new growth is clear indicator. I was feeding every third watering. Learned very quickly Coco needs to have the nutes every time. I added cal mag and did an epsom salt foliar for a day or 2 followed by a light cal mag foliar combined with upping my nutes slightly and problem solved. Within 4 days the yellow and curling was gone. I topped them and all new growth has been normal. It seems like you want to keep nutes as low as possible but you still have to make sure they aren't starving. 150-200 ppm seems a little low to me but I am NO pro. I'm learning as well

Wisher619

Wisher619

I will get a 4 litre jug ASAP and do that. All I'm using is A&B I am going to use some calmag but was told it wasn't needed until like a month in
so maybe the problem is that you werent measuring your nutrients correct

as well

you want to keep the coco moist

every watering gets nutrients

what would be a good idea is to mix up 4liter of nutrients and water every day

I am not sure what type of pot you are using but usually here in the states alot of us like to start out in small plastic party cups

we cut slits in the bottom for drainage plant our seeds and once popped start feeding every day

when the roots grow and the plant gets bigger you will notice that you will have to start feeding more than once a day as the plant will suck up alot more water and nutrients

incogneato

incogneato

This problem is seeming to get worse an spread to other plants. There starting to look blotchy, purple stems, yellow and dark green droopy leaves and one or two with yellowish burnt tips. I put them on plant start by vitalink. There from seed and 2 days over 3 weeks
Mine had the same issue, I thought I was in soil and was actually in a soiless mix *facepalm they'll bounce back. Just feed em and don't let em dry out

Newbie987

Newbie987

I've mixed a very light A&B and using it as a foliar although I'm thinking the vita link plant start might work better as it has a lot more trace elements but not as potent as the A&B. I'm feeding once a day. Calibrated my TDS metre aswell. Done a 2ml-2ml a and b and it's given me water at 106 and nutes at 360ish

Wisher619

Wisher619

I've mixed a very light A&B and using it as a foliar although I'm thinking the vita link plant start might work better as it has a lot more trace elements but not as potent as the A&B. I'm feeding once a day. Calibrated my TDS metre aswell. Done a 2ml-2ml a and b and it's given me water at 106 and nutes at 360ish
what is the overall ppm of your nutrient mix
(with water ppm)

also I wouldnt be foliar feeding anything....that is a short path to death

Top Bottom