PH issues??

• Thread starter Russ66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Russ66

Russ66

1st grow and all was going well, I think I’ve got a ph issue with my BD strain. Growing in soil and using tap water, I noticed my ph was around 7.5-8, I have taken steps to lower to 6.5 but problem persists. Leaves start with brown spots turning brown and curling up.
Ph issues
Ph issues 2
Ph issues 3
Ph issues 4
Thoughts and suggestions please.

1badcell

1badcell

1st grow and all was going well, I think I’ve got a ph issue with my BD strain. Growing in soil and using tap water, I noticed my ph was around 7.5-8, I have taken steps to lower to 6.5 but problem persists. Leaves start with brown spots turning brown and curling up. View attachment 1009651View attachment 1009652View attachment 1009653View attachment 1009654Thoughts and suggestions please.
I wish someone would help you out.
I repeatedly have this happen with ph down in tap water. So you are not alone

growsince79

growsince79

1st grow and all was going well, I think I’ve got a ph issue with my BD strain. Growing in soil and using tap water, I noticed my ph was around 7.5-8, I have taken steps to lower to 6.5 but problem persists. Leaves start with brown spots turning brown and curling up. View attachment 1009651View attachment 1009652View attachment 1009653View attachment 1009654Thoughts and suggestions please.
What kind of light and how far away? What and how often do you feed and water

1badcell

1badcell

My problem may be low humidity 35 to 50% and high temp. 82 to 88 deg. My lights are 24 away 5 gal pots get 1 liter every 3 days.

growsince79

growsince79

My problem may be low humidity 35 to 50% and high temp. 82 to 88 deg. My lights are 24 away 5 gal pots get 1 liter every 3 days.
Well there's your problem. The roots are damaged from poor watering practice. My 5 gal pots get 6-7 liters every 3 -4 days.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If your temps an rh is jumping around that can be a problem, get some ph up and down, watered down white vinegar can lower your ph but go very light, you have a meter right?

1badcell

1badcell

Well there's your problem. The roots are damaged from poor watering practice. My 5 gal pots get 6-7 liters every 3 -4 days.
That's way more than I've used before on an indoor grow. I always end up fighting gnats when soil that wet

Russ66

Russ66

I’m using LED grow lights about 18” above. I planted in 3gal pots (mistake I’m told) each gets 1/2gal every other day. Quality organic soil with worm casings, bat poop... started feeding organic bloom food every 4th day when watering.

1badcell

1badcell

I live in the deep south ac goes all the time driving low humidity . I run 9 50 watts cobs in a 4x4 tent so it's 5 to 10 degrees hoter than the house

1badcell

1badcell

I’m using LED grow lights about 18” above. I planted in 3gal pots (mistake I’m told) each gets 1/2gal every other day. Quality organic soil with worm casings, bat poop... started feeding organic bloom food every 4th day when watering.
Standard start

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's a full on lockout. Nutrient buildup in the soil and driving the plants in low RH to hard with light. I can see potassium, calcium, magnesium deficiency even in blurple light. High salinity and not watering fully. I agree with @growsince79 water properly to get runoff and cut those nutrients way back. Increase the humidity if you can and back those lights off you driving them to hard for your environment.

A good flush with low dose of cal mag is needed to correct the ph and salinity in the media.

growsince79

growsince79

That's way more than I've used before on an indoor grow. I always end up fighting gnats when soil that wet
Never get any gnats because the soil is allowed to dry between waterings. My 3 gal pots get 4-5 quarts and are ready to water again when the lose 8-9 pounds. Usually 3 days, 5 gal pots need to lose 14 pounds before watering. A 5 gal pot that takes 2 weeks to dry because someone planted a seedling in it will be unhealthy and invite bugs. you need the right size container.

Russ66

Russ66

It's a full on lockout. Nutrient buildup in the soil and driving the plants in low RH to hard with light. I can see potassium, calcium, magnesium deficiency even in blurple light. High salinity and not watering fully. I agree with @growsince79 water properly to get runoff and cut those nutrients way back. Increase the humidity if you can and back those lights off you driving them to hard for your environment.

A good flush with low dose of cal mag is needed to correct the ph and salinity in the media.

Russ66

Russ66

[/QUOTE

]
wow that’s a lot to take in for a 1st timer. I’m sorry and should take time to educate myself but what is RH? Back off nutrients, are you saying much less frequent bloom solution? I get the water till runoff, I rarely see any run off.
lights/ you think they should be higher? I don’t have much more room above to raise. If nothing else I’m learning lessons but the look so promising.

red_bull179

red_bull179

The plants look light\nutrient burn.... How much ppm you juce is ? Mabby she doing a nutrients lock cuz of the hight ph for so long... They look great for now mabby you can try a 6.8 flush then dry it out and restart your nutrient with stable phed watters

Brofessor

Brofessor

Your light may be a little close too.
This is what I concluded with water ph growing in organic soil.I've linked it previously. I too am on a 1st run but I had many gardens of veggies so its really not my 1st rodeo
This may be useful info=
I figured out how to ph water to a perfect 6.2 to 7.0 with no chemicals I like a 3 5 gallon bucket rotation
Step 1: fill buckets
Step 2 : leave out side 24 hrs
Step 3: bring 1st bucket in and add 1/8 teaspoon of Dolomite lime it buffers ph to 7 and adds a small dose of cal/mag. Place air stone in bucket let sit for another 24 hrs. ( you could just do this to remove chlorine but I prefer the outside then inside method)
Step 4: fill up a zero water filter container. This brings your ph into the 5s.
Step 5: fill a 1 gallon jug for example with 1/4 zero water + 3/4 Bucket water to have ph fall around 6.2 which is ideal for cannabis.( 6.2 to 7 range)
In organic soil the soil does act as a buffer if your water's ph level is off but the plant won't get nearly as many nutrients as when the ph is dialed in to 6.2 - 6.8 is ideal

1badcell

1badcell

1badcell

1badcell

I think they concluded Cal mag. ???
Your pictures look like my plants. The environment is 1st thing we have to master. After basic plant growth. Learning them both at the same time. Is a challenge. Most of us are here to learn from others. There are some technical issues most of us run into butt that's why we contribute to this forum.

Russ66

Russ66

Top Bottom