PH Level Water Fine/Soil PH Won't Come Down

• Thread starter GooberfrupstateNY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

I'm in mid-flowering and I can't seem to get my PH down below 7 -7.5 and whatever the problem is, it has started to change the color of my leaves where they're resembling slight burns down the center. I'm fairly certain the water is the problem because I've followed the nutrient schedule I've used in the past and at this stage I've removed the added nitrogen ( and increased the Phosphate and kept up the same amount of Big Bloom as recommended by the folks at FoxFarm Fertilizers). It's the same schedule I followed with my last 1 plant grow (which turned out rocking!) and my speculation regarding the diagnosis is PH is not letting the plant adequately absorb potassium and/or other nutrients due to too high PH. I'm growing in coco/organic with added manure, some worm castings, and perlite in a fabric pot; humidity steady at 50%. I've been adding the Orange Acid PH down chemical every time to my rainwater I collect, making sure it's at 6.0. . .figuring that would drive it down enough, but it hasn't. Also, when I water, I've been watering a 1/2 gallon every 4 days or so. I have a little runoff, but it's completely gone in less than 12 hours (sucked by plant and not by the exhaust fan because it's only 1 plant in a 24x24x48" grow tent, and the fan was sucking the humidity right out) Should I be lowering the water PH even more at watering, say bringing the water down to around 5, hoping that'll balance with the soil to bring the soil down? Also, should I be maybe giving the plant more water? Any brainstorming is appreciated as I can't think of anything else to do. . .

Ph level water finesoil ph wont come down
Ph level water finesoil ph wont come down 2
pop22

pop22

probably too late now but your problem is likely from too much Phosphorus and Big Bloom. Both will raise your PH. Blending coco and organics,then adding bottled nutrients is certainly not helping, you need to choose to use one method or the other. And coco and conventional organics don't really work well together. coco is considered a hydroponic medium, it does not hold nutrients well, thus why most coco growers feed at minimum 1 time a day and often 2-4 times per day in flower. Also, I see no mention of your PPM/EC. Your plant is over fed also, look at the tips of your leaves, see how they curl under and or twist? That's a sure sign of being over fed.

I'm in mid-flowering and I can't seem to get my PH down below 7 -7.5 and whatever the problem is, it has started to change the color of my leaves where they're resembling slight burns down the center. I'm fairly certain the water is the problem because I've followed the nutrient schedule I've used in the past and at this stage I've removed the added nitrogen ( and increased the Phosphate and kept up the same amount of Big Bloom as recommended by the folks at FoxFarm Fertilizers). It's the same schedule I followed with my last 1 plant grow (which turned out rocking!) and my speculation regarding the diagnosis is PH is not letting the plant adequately absorb potassium and/or other nutrients due to too high PH. I'm growing in coco/organic with added manure, some worm castings, and perlite in a fabric pot; humidity steady at 50%. I've been adding the Orange Acid PH down chemical every time to my rainwater I collect, making sure it's at 6.0. . .figuring that would drive it down enough, but it hasn't. Also, when I water, I've been watering a 1/2 gallon every 4 days or so. I have a little runoff, but it's completely gone in less than 12 hours (sucked by plant and not by the exhaust fan because it's only 1 plant in a 24x24x48" grow tent, and the fan was sucking the humidity right out) Should I be lowering the water PH even more at watering, say bringing the water down to around 5, hoping that'll balance with the soil to bring the soil down? Also, should I be maybe giving the plant more water? Any brainstorming is appreciated as I can't think of anything else to do. . .

Ponky

Ponky

You can run a house through the media for 20 minutes and wash away everything. And once dry start your feed program again.

JustLearninGx

JustLearninGx

Are you feeding everytime? Also 1/2 g every 4 days in flower seems to be not enough..I been doing 2-3 liters every 2-3 days in a 5G pot cus the plant is a lot thirstier now and I feed nutes every other watering at 1/3-1/2 the recommended dose(FoxFarm Cultivation Nation Grow,Micro,Bloom)n the plants seem fine with that n I use recharge once a week ..n as far as lowing ur Ph in the soil u would have to lower the ph in the water?maybe bring that 6 down slowly?? Ima newb so don’t take my word for it tho, if anyone can school me on things I said then plz do, u could be helping me and @GooberfrupstateNY 🤘

Last edited:
SmallGuy

SmallGuy

probably too late now but your problem is likely from too much Phosphorus and Big Bloom. Both will raise your PH. Blending coco and organics,then adding bottled nutrients is certainly not helping, you need to choose to use one method or the other. And coco and conventional organics don't really work well together. coco is considered a hydroponic medium, it does not hold nutrients well, thus why most coco growers feed at minimum 1 time a day and often 2-4 times per day in flower. Also, I see no mention of your PPM/EC. Your plant is over fed also, look at the tips of your leaves, see how they curl under and or twist? That's a sure sign of being over fed.
Agreed, that's what it looks like to me. Synthetic nutes will do that if you overdo it. Flushing is what you are stuck with, really all you can do. I don't know why people use anything but soil to grow. Good soil with organic stuff like castings and compost sure makes things easier. Soil is much more forgiving if you know how to build soil and ph is hardly an issue.

Top Bottom