Ph levels

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

My ph lvls are consistently Btwn 6.7/6.8 my nuets say optimal is 6.5. Does .1 or .2 off make that much of a diffrence or should I get some ph down. I am growing in soil wich I understand is a little more forgiving.

Thanks
J.S.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
That might be a tad high but not too bad. I run 6.2 - 6.5 in soil. 5.5- 5.8 in hydro

hiboy

hiboy

ya your ok in soil that hi, 6.5 is what ive always been told and do.
h

J

JonathonStrange

I was recimended and bought a Hanna PHep meter. Have been testing tap as above. After reading hiboys post I pulled out instructions to see how to test soil and low and behold there were none lol was I sold a liquid only and if so since I'm growing in soil does it mater ( ie have to buy another friggin meter)

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I don't use a ph meter , an i grow in soil.
I use hydrated dolomatic lime in my soil to keep the ph level.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

In soil I run 6.2 indoors.. But outside I've always ran my nutes without checking ppm or pH & it always came out killer.. I'm thinking ur good ether way.. With a meter or without 1 it's still bomb dank in soil

S

SSHZ

Always 6.2-6.3 in promix............+/- of .1 might not make a difference but .2 difference or more can and does. Zero in the strain and don't fluctuate from there on.
I know some growers who move it around slightly and slowly and have success but my plants do better when it doesn't move.

hippieheadies

hippieheadies

hey everyone. i am new to all of this and had a question about ph. i was told that perfect ph for soil is 6.5. so i got a ph up and down kit because when i measure the ph my water it is close to 7.0 to 7.5. so i added acid to lower it to 6.0 to 6.5 and i just watered and tested to ph from the run off and now it says its 4.0!!!!!! do i flush with a higher ph water? the reason i am using tap water is beacuse i have short funds currently cannot afford to get an RO system until after harvest which should be 4-5more weeks. please give me some tips

B

Buddy Hemphill

I think every new grower should ph ALWAYS.

Its easy enough, stick a meter in the water and watch it.

Dont use ph down/up unless you just have to.

EJ catalyst is a great organic ph down.

ProTekt works great for up.

B

Buddy Hemphill

hey everyone. i am new to all of this and had a question about ph. i was told that perfect ph for soil is 6.5. so i got a ph up and down kit because when i measure the ph my water it is close to 7.0 to 7.5. so i added acid to lower it to 6.0 to 6.5 and i just watered and tested to ph from the run off and now it says its 4.0!!!!!! do i flush with a higher ph water? the reason i am using tap water is beacuse i have short funds currently cannot afford to get an RO system until after harvest which should be 4-5more weeks. please give me some tips

what did your water test before you fed your plants?

Top Bottom