Ph Problems Can't Seem To Find A Solutions When Searching.

• Thread starter JohnnyRey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyRey

Hey guys I run a UC system 12 site and use R/O water at 0 ppm. My nutes are advanced nutrients and I am late into flower but have been noticing this problem for a while now maybe 2 or 3 weeks, at first it was not like this. So going on, the problem I have is my pH is dropping REALLY fast while my ppm only rises by 10 or does not rise AT ALL (stays the same). I've done like 6 res changes because of how much I am tripping out, so my pH would start at 6.1 and within 12 hours it'll drop to 5.6 this is the first day, the second day (after I add pH up to make it about 5.8-6.0) it will drop to 5.3 or lower I even had a time where it dropped to 4.6. I honestly have no clue what the hell is going on.

Limonene

Limonene

I would suggest a possible problem in your root zone. Don't worry too much if your plants look healthy that is the main thing. I did dwc for years and i found adding hydrogen peroxide (h202) in the solution would kill most pathogens and the P.H would stop dropping. In fact i would often add it 24 hours before a tank change as a preventative measure.
Good luck.

Tnelz

Tnelz

1. So I've never run uc but I do have experience with dwc. Initially I used to try and keep a sterile system and I was always running into problems in the root zone. After much study I started to see that those who had fungi and bacteria working for them never had any issues. As soon as I implemented teas and or bacterial additives I never had a problem again. So instead of always trying to keep bad stuff and pathogens out I'd suggest populating or inoculating your root zone with bennies and they will do the work for you. I'd suggest a product called slf 100 or any of caps bennies and I'm sure you will be golden. Seeing you are using advanced I'd suggest their. Voodoo juice and tarantula. In saying that those are way over priced and not as good as what I already suggested but they do work. Not exactly sure if this will fix ur current issue but I can guarantee you plants will be happier and more vigorous. In any case good luck bro.

J

JohnnyRey

1. So I've never run uc but I do have experience with dwc. Initially I used to try and keep a sterile system and I was always running into problems in the root zone. After much study I started to see that those who had fungi and bacteria working for them never had any issues. As soon as I implemented teas and or bacterial additives I never had a problem again. So instead of always trying to keep bad stuff and pathogens out I'd suggest populating or inoculating your root zone with bennies and they will do the work for you. I'd suggest a product called slf 100 or any of caps bennies and I'm sure you will be golden. Seeing you are using advanced I'd suggest their. Voodoo juice and tarantula. In saying that those are way over priced and not as good as what I already suggested but they do work. Not exactly sure if this will fix ur current issue but I can guarantee you plants will be happier and more vigorous. In any case good luck bro.
Isn't slf 100 similiar to hygrozyme? Idk if my bennies are too much or not but at the current moment im using hygrozyme along with hydroguard (formally known as Aqua shield) and Orca.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Isn't slf 100 similiar to hygrozyme? Idk if my bennies are too much or not but at the current moment im using hygrozyme along with hydroguard (formally known as Aqua shield) and Orca.
It's not an enzyme. It is marketed as an enzyme but that's because it's a real pain in the ass to get clearance when trying to sell bacterial products. It's actually like six strains of bacteria. But anyway with the products you are using ur already good Bennie wise. However u could cut all those and just use the slf and it would do as well or better imo. It does do some of the things ur enzyme does so u wouldn't need to use both but you could. It's really great stuff. For the record I'm no sales man just an excited grower who enjoys products that do what they claim.

Limonene

Limonene

Thats great advice as a potential preventative but won't fix the problem you have now.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thats great advice as a potential preventative but won't fix the problem you have now.
I actually don't necessarily disagree there. Although the hp would kill any pathogen that may or may not be causing a problem and the slf would as well. Assuming the root zone is the issue. I do apologize for going off topic though. There is a rule of thumb and it escapes me currently. But if ur ph is dropping it means one thing and if it rises it's another. But I'm not sure if that's too much food or not enough. Lol. I've been back in soil and coco for some time so I've forgotten a lot of stuff. I'm sure someone will chime in though.

Limonene

Limonene

Yeah I've recently converted to coco from dwc and absolutely love it.
whenever i had ph drops like the one described above the h202 fixed it 100% of the time. Ive used h202 for ph drop more times than i can remember and its always stopped the drop.

Tnelz

Tnelz

whenever i had ph drops like the one described above the h202 fixed it 100% of the time. Ive used h202 for ph drop more times than i can remember and its always stopped the drop.
Then I would give it a shot. You will have to reinoculate after using the hp seeing it will wipe out bennies. But hopefully if it worked for him it will work for you. Did you use the regular cvs stuff or the 33 percent.

Tnelz

Tnelz

And I agree u made a good choice switching to coco. Far less issues and all the benefits of hydro.

Limonene

Limonene

i use the 12% growth technology h202 normally.
Yes i absolutely love coco, quality is far superior to my old dwc set up and the gram per watt is about the same. Not so much explosive growth but they still go like rockets when everything is perfect!

Tnelz

Tnelz

i use the 12% growth technology h202 normally.
Yes i absolutely love coco, quality is far superior to my old dwc set up and the gram per watt is about the same. Not so much explosive growth but they still go like rockets when everything is perfect!
I'll tell ya when u nail it it's really like soil hydro hybrid. Not exactly the taste you get from organic soil but u can get it close and yield is more in line with the hydro like you said. I'm about 80 percent organic soil but still love the coco and that's where my other 20 percent is. Every time i start talking coco I wonder why I don't use it more. I'm actually using coco loco now and it is almost like growing in soil even oh requirements are closer to soil than coco but u still get all the benefits of it being coco. It's just friendlier to organic growing than straight coco is. In any form though coco is amazing.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Sorry @JohnnyRey didnt mean to hijack the thread. Either or both of you are more than welcome to stop by my tnelz thread about whatever. Tons of great growers no drama and a ton of info. Always room for more people passionate about growing!

Limonene

Limonene

yes i use 60% coco 40%perlite and i really push it as hard as i can. I have my plants on big recirc systems feeding 4 -5 times a day at peak. They love it!

Tnelz

Tnelz

yes i use 60% coco 40%perlite and i really push it as hard as i can. I have my plants on big recirc systems feeding 4 -5 times a day at peak. They love it!
That's about the same ratio I use. For the record when I'm talking 80 percent soil I mean actual plants in soil and I've got about 20 percent in coco lol. Not mixing mediums although any good amended soil should have some coir in it.

J

JohnnyRey

Sorry @JohnnyRey didnt mean to hijack the thread. Either or both of you are more than welcome to stop by my tnelz thread about whatever. Tons of great growers no drama and a ton of info. Always room for more people passionate about growing!
Haha dont worry about it bud i love seeing enthusiasts explaining and discovering stuff its always new knowledge to me and for me knowledge is everything. The thing about the product you recommended I cant find it at any hydro shop.

J

JohnnyRey

So as you recommended I just poured about 25ml/gal of water of HP 3% in the system lets see how it goes I hope it works because this is a first time thing for me and i used hard water before 450ppm and never ha d problem like this i just switched to r/o and i think i was just tooooo used to hard water so I still need to dial it in. Lets see how it goes I will post updates soon for anyone who is having similar issues.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Haha dont worry about it bud i love seeing enthusiasts explaining and discovering stuff its always new knowledge to me and for me knowledge is everything. The thing about the product you recommended I cant find it at any hydro shop.
Slf slf has its own website. I don't think it's even carried in many stores yet. You can also find them on Instagram. Really awesome guy that owns the company. Hits u right back if u email him. He can really explain the product. Tell him I sent you to find the product and I'm sure he will send you a bunch of sample bottles. Good luck man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom