PH Problems...

• Thread starter Bruce Fever
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Ok so i have been having some ph issues. I came to this conclusion due to the fact i am having what seems to be a k def and some other problems all in pics. Am using vitalink nutes and canna terra soil so should not be having these probs. got to be ph esp after reading the ph thread above as i was about 5.8-6. what can i do to correct this asap as am struggaling a bit here :(

Ph problems
Ph problems 2
Ph problems 3
Ph problems 4
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

When I had ph issues in soil I always flushed with plain 6.5 ph water then add a nutrient solution at half strength. Try that and see if it starts to clear up after a couple days. Good luck

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

That's what I have done today, I know people who use pure tap water + nutes and they don't have any problems so I have done that with a low dose of food (about half) in case some locked out nutes get released. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Make sure you let the soil dry slightly before next watering, or pick up your buckets everyday until they feel light. I hope it turns out good.

P

paulycali

Find their sweet spot. My plants thrive at a ph 6.0 in veg. You def have a ph problem and now a lockout of nutes. Flush heavy and start again once the soil is 80% dry

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Oh ok. Why the 80% dry bit? How does that effect it? Not meaning to sound distrusting just on a quest for knowledge!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Oh ok. Why the 80% dry bit? How does that effect it? Not meaning to sound distrusting just on a quest for knowledge!

Because when the soil dries the roots go looking for moisture. If you always water when the soil is still moist the roots will not stretch out that far and use all the nutrients in the small area the roots exist. When the roots spread out they use nutrients from different parts of the soil. This is why many soil gardeners only water when their pots are almost completely dry.

May I inquire, are you using any calcium or magnesium products in your nutrient regimen? Did you put any dolomite lime or anything in your soil mix?

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Interesting, nice 1. No on both smoke just using vitalink bloom + buddy and the canna terra comes with perlite mixed in so did not add anything.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Bruce to me I would first guess you are having Cal/Mag problems. I would add some type of calcium and magnesium product to your regiment. Cannabis really does seem to be a serious cal/mag hog; for the most part, not necessarily 100% of the time. The dolomite lime is a good way to ensure you have good levels of calcium in your soil mix.

ghost79

ghost79

"(Fine) dolomite Limestone" should be pre-mixed into the soil regimen before sowing. This will balance the ph level to 7.0, which is neutral and allows the maximum nutrient uptake available. You can not add too much limestone because the ph is neutral, but but you don't want to add too much so you don't overdose the plants (burn them). I can give you a superior outdoor all "Organic" soil medium if you wish? Good Luck, alot of it comes from trial and error, experience.

ghost79

ghost79

I also agree that you need to add a Cal-Mag supplement if you didn't add anything, esp. if you didn't add fine dolomite limestone which oblviously has calcium and magnesium in it.

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

how would i add the dolomite limestone now? and can you tell me more about this soil mix?

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

or is it now a case of adding a cal-mag product to it i imagine. its also week 6 and 1 day now so only 2 or 3 weeks left.Is this a crucial point for yield? Yield has never been a major bother for me as it has always been good with great quality, but this time lots of money o_O

ghost79

ghost79

how would i add the dolomite limestone now? and can you tell me more about this soil mix?
You can't! It's too late to add it now. You have to measure and mix it into the soil mix when it's dry first really well. Then you add water to the soil and start mixing it until it's thoroughly mixed again. The idea is to spread the limestone throughout the soil evenly so there's no pockets left sitting in one spot. This could burn the plant if pockets of limestone are not thoroughly mixed into the soil medium. If you want to transplant your pots to bigger pots, you could make a soil mix and use the limestone/soil mixture. however, there's a down side to transplanting more than once. I especially, would not transplant at this stage of the flowering cycle. I would definitely recommend a CAl-Mag Supplement at this point, and do it A.S.A.P.
Concerning the topic of the deficiency of Cal-Mag and Yield at this point in the stage of growth is a question of how long and severe your deficiency has been going on. This deficiency also throws off the ph level, which slows down the uptake of available nutrients. Thus, this slows down the growth of the plants' vigor and vitality. Also, the Cal-Mag deficiency's could cause other deficiency's or toxicities in the other nutrients which I would have to research to see if there would be any if at all. i hope that answers your questions. The soil mix I'll post after dinner, best of luck P.S. Are you doing it Indoors or Outdoors??

ghost79

ghost79

1 (3.8 cu. ft.) bail of Pro-Mix BX w/ Bio fungicide
(30 lb.) bag of "organic" earth worm castings
4 cups of dried blood
4 cups of bone meal
8 cups of fine dolomite limestone
4 cups of kelp meal
trace minerals
It's an "award winning" (Outdoor) 100% Organic soil recipe!!! Make sure to let it sit after thoroughly mixing it for at least 2 weeks before using the soil. Good Luck

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't know much about Canna Terra soil, but next round I recommend Sunshine #4 Mix, it has limestone and is a soilless medium. The reason I like Sunshine more then soil, like Fox Farm, is because you can get close to hydro-like growth without an actual hydro setup.

Don't get me wrong, you can get huge yields using 100% organics in soil just like with synthetics in under current, just not as fast.

ghost79

ghost79

Pro-Mix BX w/ Bio Fungicide is very similar to Sunshine Mix #4, however you have the added benefit of the natural bio fungicide all ready in the soil going w/ the Pro-Mix. The Bio fungicide is natural, not chemical. So, don't let that scare you. Plus, it also has Mycorise in it pre-mixed in addition. I believe, in my opinion, that the Pro-Mix is superior to the Sunshine Mix #4 for these reasons. The pro-Mix also has dolomite limestone in it ti balance the ph level of the soil. It's actually a soiless medium much like hydroponics, which grows ata much faster rate than soil growing. However, I can't deny that (Sunshine Mix #4) is virtually equivalent to the Pro-Mix.

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

1 (3.8 cu. ft.) bail of Pro-Mix BX w/ Bio fungicide
(30 lb.) bag of "organic" earth worm castings
4 cups of dried blood
4 cups of bone meal
8 cups of fine dolomite limestone
4 cups of kelp meal
trace minerals
It's an "award winning" (Outdoor) 100% Organic soil recipe!!! Make sure to let it sit after thoroughly mixing it for at least 2 weeks before using the soil. Good Luck
Top man!! I am indoor though is this strictly for outdoor? And shall get on the cal-mag 1 too. Can it be harmful if it is a wrong diagnosis (no offence intended just interested)

Top Bottom