PH Problems...

• Thread starter Bruce Fever
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

I don't know much about Canna Terra soil, but next round I recommend Sunshine #4 Mix, it has limestone and is a soilless medium. The reason I like Sunshine more then soil, like Fox Farm, is because you can get close to hydro-like growth without an actual hydro setup.

Don't get me wrong, you can get huge yields using 100% organics in soil just like with synthetics in under current, just not as fast.
Sounds interesting how does that work exactly? Hydro ish but without the hydro I mean (excuse my ignorance lol)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Sounds interesting how does that work exactly? Hydro ish but without the hydro I mean (excuse my ignorance lol)

Its considered soilless because it only contains peat moss, perlite and coco, no soil. Plants usually grow faster in hydro and soilless mixtures because with soil, you have to feed the medium which then feeds the roots. In hydro you feed the roots directly, basically same with soilless mixes if done correctly, but usually not quite as fast.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I am gonna look into this. Nice 1!

My 1st time growing 'hydro' I used hempy buckets, its considered a passive hydro system. You use a sealed bucket with a hole 2" above the bottom, then fill it with 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite. After talking to people that are very good at growing in hempy's, they suggested to use 100% perlite for better aeration to the roots, but more frequent feedings will be necessary.

I tried the 100% perlite hempy buckets with 5 clones in 1L cups, they were about 6" tall when I flowered them and I ended up with about 3 oz total, now thats not alot for 5 plants, but when you consider the circumstances, which they were all deficient and only 6" tall thats a pretty decent yield.

If your gonna try hempy buckets use clones that are fully rooted in rockwool. Here is some advice bro, hydro is easier when you have rooted clones and seedlings are easier in amended soil, thats just my experience though. Good luck on your research and future grows, peace.

Top Bottom